Gaming Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain | Use Spoiler Tags for now

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I think this game deserves its own thread.

Release Date - 1/09/15

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
How does Kojima find such beautiful music for his trailers?

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Snake Eater came out at the peak of my love of video games, that game was freaking amazing. I liked Guns Of The Patriots too but it wasn't enough to really get me back into gaming. This might be the game that gets me into this generation, I'd consider buying a console just for this.

Sweet Square

E3 Gameplay video.

It's looks absolutely incredible. Now please pretty please just have the story make sense.
How does Kojima find such beautiful music for his trailers?
The soundtrack to the game will be all 80's music. The trailer song is by New Order called Elegia.

Trailer Version

Original Version

MajorTom

Can't wait for this. Really hope without the natural A to B route doesn't take away from the story anyway and you miss stuff out. Never played Peace Walker either so hope building up a team at the Big Shell isn't really a necessity. The graphics look amazing, with the evolving enemies too it should make up for some mixed up game-play with how you go about things. Elgia in the trailers too :drool: Always make great use of music in these games.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Was listening to the giant bombcast and they said there's a very noticeable lack of dialogue from big boss/kiefer sutherland. They say its like other characters are just giving big long monologues because of his lack of speech. They should have just got a lesser known name if Sutherland wouldn't do that much dialogue.

stu_1992

Was listening to the giant bombcast and they said there's a very noticeable lack of dialogue from big boss/kiefer sutherland. They say its like other characters are just giving big long monologues because of his lack of speech. They should have just got a lesser known name if Sutherland wouldn't do that much dialogue.
That's not the case. It's clearly a design decision to have him not speak much. There's no way Kojima would compromise quality of his last MGS game by hiring an actor who they could only partially afford. It would make no sense.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
That's not the case. It's clearly a design decision to have him not speak much. There's no way Kojima would compromise quality of his last MGS game by hiring an actor who they could only partially afford. It would make no sense.
They said that there was a scene where Miller is shouting and ranting at Big Boss for a while and when they expected Big Boss to reply all he did was look and then look away. Sounds a bit strange.

Kojimas had some problems with Konami so maybe that had an effect

Sweet Square

Can't wait for this. Really hope without the natural A to B route doesn't take away from the story anyway and you miss stuff out. Never played Peace Walker either so hope building up a team at the Big Shell isn't really a necessity. The graphics look amazing, with the evolving enemies too it should make up for some mixed up game-play with how you go about things. Elgia in the trailers too :drool: Always make great use of music in these games.
Yep game going to have an 80's soundtrack. You can never go wrong with an 80's soundtrack

NEVER.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Idiotic getting rid of David Hayter anyway. The voice of the character throughout the entire series and he's dumped for the final game.

space

Gameplay looks like a lot of fun, can't wait... saying that I need to play MGS3 and MGS4 to catch up, haven't played them in a while. Ground Zeroes is free on the PS4 at the moment so downloaded that while I had the chance, MGS1 will always be the favourite though unless TTP can really deliver!

stu_1992

They said that there was a scene where Miller is shouting and ranting at Big Boss for a while and when they expected Big Boss to reply all he did was look and then look away. Sounds a bit strange.

Kojimas had some problems with Konami so maybe that had an effect
I know I've heard the reports at length. There are optional tapes you can listen to before each mission which feature Big Boss speaking at length. If they were limited to a small amount of performance by Sutherland, wouldn't they have saved this dialogue for the main missions/cut-scenes?

The game is out in September and the issues were only reported to have arisen like 6 weeks ago. I don't think it really would have interfered with the making of the game too much. By all accounts the game is pretty much done. Konami seem to want to cut back for future games and focus on mobile, something would not suit or interest Kojima at all.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I know I've heard the reports at length. There are optional tapes you can listen to before each mission which feature Big Boss speaking at length. If they were limited to a small amount of performance by Sutherland, wouldn't they have saved this dialogue for the main missions/cut-scenes?

The game is out in September and the issues were only reported to have arisen like 6 weeks ago. I don't think it really would have interfered with the making of the game too much. By all accounts the game is pretty much done. Konami seem to want to cut back for future games and focus on mobile, something would not suit or interest Kojima at all.
Maybe you are right in that case. I wonder what the reasoning is to make him so quiet.

Brocky

Starting to get excited about this now. I'm really hoping it lives up to the standard that the series has set and is a fitting send-off for the series and Kojima.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Just 3 weeks 1 day and 3 hours to go :D

Leg-End

I'm not watching any of the new footage, the last E3 trailer was enough. Can't wait, I'm sure its gonna be batshit insane.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Im getting it and I dont even like Metal Gear

I hated 4 could never get into 3. Felt 2 was OK but very overrated

Loved part 1 though

Brocky

I'm not watching any of the new footage, the last E3 trailer was enough. Can't wait, I'm sure its gonna be batshit insane.
I've watched all the gameplay videos online, I just couldn't help myself. Literally can't wait for this.
I've watched the gameplay clips but, like Leg-End, I am avoiding the cinematic trailers. I do the same with films. They give way too much away.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
The amount of games I want to play at the minute is stupid. Being an adult and having to work sucks, eats into gaming time too much :(

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
So how would it work as a crew? We all use one?
Nah, everyone makes their own base, but say you're doing a mission and someone invades your base, if you want to continue the mission, you can have me, or swoosh et al defend your base for you.

Only one person per base though, so you can't co-op defend it unfortunately.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Nah, everyone makes their own base, but say you're doing a mission and someone invades your base, if you want to continue the mission, you can have me, or swoosh et al defend your base for you.

Shame you can't co-op defend it.

Have there been many details about the co-op modes?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

No co-op, well, that's not quite as interesting as I originally thought.