Film Michael Caine retires

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Is that the guy who was in Jaws the Revenge?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He’s got more Michelin stars than he has arms

Boycott

The Harry Palmer films he starred in during the 1960s were pretty good. His accent made it impossible for him to be cast as James Bond but those three films give an idea of what a Caine Bond film might have been like. They were also certainly much more realistic to actual Cold War spy activity in that rather than living the fast life of beautiful women and luxury cars the Harry Palmer films were a lot more bleak and miserable in its overall theme but especially his particular character.

I also greatly enjoyed when he played Sherlock Holmes along with Ben Kingsley as Dr Watson in Without a Clue which without giving spoilers is a comedic take on the Sherlock Holmes character. The film The Man Who Would Be King he did with Sean Connery is one of my all time favourites and the Jack the Ripper two part show he did playing the chief inspector was quite compelling.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
The Harry Palmer films he starred in during the 1960s were pretty good. His accent made it impossible for him to be cast as James Bond but those three films give an idea of what a Caine Bond film might have been like. They were also certainly much more realistic to actual Cold War spy activity in that rather than living the fast life of beautiful women and luxury cars the Harry Palmer films were a lot more bleak and miserable in its overall theme but especially his particular character.

I also greatly enjoyed when he played Sherlock Holmes along with Ben Kingsley as Dr Watson in Without a Clue which without giving spoilers is a comedic take on the Sherlock Holmes character. The film The Man Who Would Be King he did with Sean Connery is one of my all time favourites and the Jack the Ripper two part show he did playing the chief inspector was quite compelling.
I've only seen the Ipcress File but loved it. Loved the overall tone of the movie much more than the James Bonds. All the best actors carry a screen presence and Caine certainly had that from the start of his career right to the very end. Apparently Caine was a bit of a party boy in the rocking 60's and certainly lived life to it's fullest.

Anybody who is interested in film should watch this:

Give it 5 minutes and you're hooked by his charisma and wisdom. Mammoth personality and forever thankful he's left behind a great CV for us to enjoy.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Has he also retired from being a nosey neighbour?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Those bloody rappers with their retirements have annoyed me immensely. For some musicians it ends up being a money grab but some seem to have to not have heard the term "indefinite break."
I'm fairly sure Michael won't be back with a rap album.

Unless it pays really well.

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
Those bloody rappers with their retirements have annoyed me immensely. For some musicians it ends up being a money grab but some seem to have to not have heard the term "indefinite break."
I mean, they're free to say whatever the feck they want. It's their career.