6.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kundalini

I wonder if he's playing for the U21s tonight. So far 67 pics on Getty Images from today's training and no sign of Carrick (nor Anderson, Pereira, Wilson, Blackett)

SirAF

Ageist
I wonder if he's playing for the U21s tonight. So far 67 pics on Getty Images from today's training and no sign of Carrick (nor Anderson, Pereira, Wilson, Blackett)
I would think that those mentioned are involved tonight - excited to see who's playing!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
good to know - I assume that rules him out of starting on Sunday?

LvG at press conf today

"Even, for example, I let Michael Carrick play this evening in London for the reserves [at West Ham] because I believe that he needs that. He needs to play matches, especially when you are five months injured. He told me it [will be] his first appearance in the second team."

SirAF

Ageist
Yeah. I would imagine that he'll get another appearance for the U21's before being considered for the first team.

kotha

Would there be any rivers knocking about for this match?

Distracted Steward

I could see him pairing very well with Blind and adding sorely needed screening.

I have to admit that I was a latecomer to the Carrick bandwagon. I thought he was better at Spurs and was horrified when Ferguson offered him his current deal. I just didn't get it.

...yeah...clueless.

ZDwyr

No surprise he would be rusty. Probably needs another match at that level. Throwing him in against Chelsea and City would be a potential disaster.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Quietly went about his game, rusty but who wouldn't be?

The Red Thinker

BIG BIG game for Carrick. If he can start attacks from the back, it'll go a along way in us getting back into the game.

caid

Starting to look like he might be our best choice in the right cb slot, even ignoring injuries.

Sad that his main competition atm is a 19 year old thats played ... 3/4 senior games?
I'd play blackett and carrick next match i guess. Role might suit him.

footballgirl07

Great to see him on the pitch today. He does bring us a calm head which we need atm. Did all right at the back. With injuries and suspension I assume he will play next week?

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Even at center back in his first game back, he was picking some lovely passes out between the lines. Can't wait to see more of him and I'm praying he stays fit.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Rather have him at CB at the moment than Jones, Smalling or Evans for that matter.

Welcome back Michael.

Deleted member 78215

Carrick - Blind
Herrera - Di Maria
Rooney - Falcao
This is how we need to line up from now on.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Cool, calm and collected on the ball, and I think that actually filtered through to the rest of the players as the half went on. I thought he was quality when you consider it was his first game for however long.

Ryan7

Smalling and Jones could learn a thing or two from him when it comes to playing at centre back.

DevilRed

Not sold on him becoming a centre back but hey if mascherano/xabi Alonso can do it then why cant Carrick?

Might work well in the style of play that LVG has implemented because clearly it asks a lot of our defenders to pick a pass and carry the ball forwards.

Good to have him back and it will be interesting to see whether we play with a midfield of Blind + Carrick supporting Rooney, Di Maria and Herrera/Janujaz/Falcao

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Superb, like he's never been away.

Skills

Snitch
Usually seems to take a while to get his shit together at the start of the season. But he picked it up pretty well today. Good to have him back.

Devil may care

Hasn't played for 6 months, steps into a derby match out of position and looks better than our actual CB's.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Thought he was brilliant today.
I wouldn't mind us playing him at CB if Rojo is out for a considerable amount of time
His experience will be greatly needed.

Boycott

I thought he did well. What he hasn't got in physicality he makes up in understanding and game management.

I can't get over the fact Manchester United CBs look absolutely s**t scared when the ball is anywhere near them.

Ace of Spades

I think LVG might just make him our main CB considering that he needs CBs who are good on the ball and can pass from the back. He was great and our main CBs should be watching and learning.

Class act.

Status
Not open for further replies.