6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

Of course not, we have created heaps of chances and conceded sod all, all whilst dominating the ball. But he's the golden boy at the moment.
Not really. Carrick gives us the ability to control games for the majority of the game. Today, we were very good in the first half. In the second half; however, we had no control of the game, and like the commentators said, there was no real pattern to it.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Not really. Carrick gives us the ability to control games for the majority of the game. Today, we were very good in the first half. In the second half; however, we had no control of the game, and like the commentators said, there was no real pattern to it.
We had 68% possession, created numerous chances, three times as many shots and four times as many shots on target. I think it's safe to say we controlled the game. in fact Carricks inclusion would mean an attacking play would've needed to be sacrificed.

Walters_19_MuFc

We had 68% possession, created numerous chances, three times as many shots and four times as many shots on target. I think it's safe to say we controlled the game. in fact Carricks inclusion would mean an attacking play would've needed to be sacrificed.
It would have just meant Herrera being sacrificed actually, but without looking too much at stats, as a spectator, do you think we had the same control of the game in the second half than we did in the first?

flappyjay

I would rather have Carrick on giving Ander and Pogba more attacking freedom in expense of Rashford, he offers absolutely nothing from the left as he gets no assists or goals

ivaldo

It would have just meant Herrera being sacrificed actually, but without looking too much at stats, as a spectator, do you think we had the same control of the game in the second half than we did in the first?
No Herrera plays regardless, if Carrick is fit then it's a midfield three of Pogba, Carrick and Herrera.

Still were largely the dominant team in the second half and the game was stretched when we were reaching for a goal. And when you are chasing a second goal in the manner we were, you want more attackers, not defensive midfielders.

ivaldo

I would rather have Carrick on giving Ander and Pogba more attacking freedom in expense of Rashford, he offers absolutely nothing from the left as he gets no assists or goals
So we play with no one on the left? or would you put Mata out there, because he was a force in the first half.

We didn't miss anyrhing Carrick brings to the team today, we controlled the game whatever way you look at it. The only reason we are having this discussion is because yet again we made a hash of a host of chances.

Walters_19_MuFc

No Herrera plays regardless, if Carrick is fit then it's a midfield three of Pogba, Carrick and Herrera.

Still were largely the dominant team in the second half and the game was stretched when we were reaching for a goal. And when you are chasing a second goal in the manner we were, you want more attackers, not defensive midfielders.
When you're chasing a game you need a player who will allow you to create a pattern of play. Someone who will force the other team to drop team like we saw in the first half.

We had control in spells in the second half, but it was too sporadic. We needed to be on it from start to finish.

flappyjay

So we play with no one on the left? or would you put Mata out there, because he was a force in the first half.

We didn't miss anyrhing Carrick brings to the team today, we controlled the game whatever way you look at it. The only reason we are having this discussion is because yet again we made a hash of a host of chances.
Rooney/ Mikhi should have started from the left with Mata on the right. I was not talking about control more about giving Pogba and Herrera more attacking freedom. Our goal against Arsenal is prove of their brilliance when they play one-twos on the oppositions box. Our wingers are not good at creating opportunities thats why I would rather have Pogba and Herrera have more attacking responsibilities

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Had he been playing we would not have started the second half as clueless as we did. That was really bad and the reason that we drew in my opinion.

We had the momentum and pissed it away because we couldn`t keep the ball and had zero idea how to start an attack.

ivaldo

When you're chasing a game you need a player who will allow you to create a pattern of play. Someone who will force the other team to drop team like we saw in the first half.

We had control in spells in the second half, but it was too sporadic. We needed to be on it from start to finish.
When you're chasing a game, this doesn't happen regardless.
Rooney/ Mikhi should have started from the left with Mata on the right. I was not talking about control more about giving Pogba and Herrera more attacking freedom. Our goal against Arsenal is prove of their brilliance when they play one-twos on the oppositions box. Our wingers are not good at creating opportunities thats why I would rather have Pogba and Herrera have more attacking responsibilities
Both players got pretty far forward, and you'd be moving Mata out of a central position where he was key in the first half.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Carrick wasn't what we missed today. He's excellent at setting the tempo, and generally making everyone else play calmer, but Pogba was brilliant without him today. We just severely lack goals, despite creating a lot of chances.

Mike09

No Carrick no party. The midfield were clueless without Carrick. Herrera didn't know what to do with the ball and defensively I don't think he helped much either today. With Carrick he can control the tempo, read the game well, make the right decision where to pass the ball, play effective football. It's not just about controlling the game but it's about making the right decision so we can convert those possession into goals. I remember there was a moment when Herrera decided to pass the ball to Valencia which I think it would have been so much better if he send the ball directly to the box since there were 4 of our players in the box.

Also a bit disappointed that Rashford starts as well but not Rooney when Rooney has been playing well since Swansea game and Rashford has been poor recently. That one on one chance he should have scored and we could have won the game even without Carrick.

Manny

Grammar Police
We missed him today and we could have used his more direct/probing passes in that final 30 minutes.

luke511

Carrick was 100% missed, I was at the game today and the drop in speed of distribution from centre midfield to attacking players was blatant. It took us far too long for us to catch West Ham on the break, and that's because Pogba and Herrera were deeper as they should have been when on defensive, Carrick does a lot of that work which means the players in front of him are pushed a little bit further forward.

Devil may care

Class again tonight, just glides around that midfield patrolling runners and popping off passes.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Common denominator in our most fluid performances. He's a great bit of stuff.

Sylar

I think he should be used sparingly though. He shouldnt be needed in games like Burnley/Stoke at home, and obviously the problem was the finishing in those games.

I think in big games we should be going 433 with Herrera and Pogba in front of Carrick which will make us more solid but allow for high pressing.

Manny

Grammar Police
Why am I not surprised ivaldo was first to bump this thread..

binary bot
I think he's been fine, they've offered very little and we've controlled the majority of the first half, our attack has let us down.

Kag

No suprise he goes missing when we play a high pressing team.
Par for the course. Having said that, I don't think Everton have pressed particularly well.

Carrick's passing has been poor even when not under pressure. He's under hit everything.

Kag

He really hasn't though. He's controlled the game, but surprisingly he's had a couple of really poor passes
He's controlled the game? In what way? Both teams have been brutal and this is the worst we've played in weeks.

ivaldo

Why am I not surprised ivaldo was first to bump this thread..
Someone has to. why he can't be criticised on here is beyond me, he's been shit.

Manny

Grammar Police
Someone has to. why he can't be criticised on here is beyond me, he's been shit.
No problem with him being criticised. Like I said, I'm just not surprised to see you be the first one to criticise him... :lol:

criticalanalysis

I'm a big critic of his but I think he's been alright. Some bad passing but at the same time, his experience, confidence and forward passing has helped as well.

It's game like these though that tells me, it's not Carrick needs to be dropped against high pressing teams but more we need another option in the squad; we have Schneiderlin and the only way to is to give him minutes to find that form.

ivaldo

No problem with him being criticised. Like I said, I'm just not surprised to see you be the first one to criticise him... :lol:
You just didn't want to do it yourself? Gotcha.

Status
Not open for further replies.