6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

We need an rvn

Class act again, but it's pretty worrying how much we depend on Carrick now, isn't it?

Home to Reading in the cup, surely one of the other lot could've handled it?
Lesson wasn't learned after not really getting a replacement for Scholes in on time (if you assume Carrick wasn't as he has been here for near 11 years).

I'd like to see us get his replacement in ASAP to give him time to adjust to the Pl and get used to the club and use him and Carrick next season

Yagami

Good post resistant
As I said, this would be the game Carrick would play and rightly so. It made so much more sense playing him today and resting him against Hull so he's fresh for Liverpool. Great player and what an assist!

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
The undefeated streak (with Carrick in the XI) continues unabated: WWWWWWDWWDWWWWWW.

Wins: 14
Draws: 2

Goals scored: 41
Goals conceded: 10

Mike09

The undefeated streak (with Carrick in the XI) continues unabated: WWWWWWDWWDWWWWWW.

If we are looking at them again, the draw against Arsenal because of Giroud's header and Everton because of penalty we could have make it to 16 wins draw 0 lose 0.

Norris

Every time Reading's defense pushed up and Carrick got the ball he was looking to play it in behind them or down the wings. Got most of them bang on too. Made some important stops in the box as well. Don't know what we'd do without him.
Aye, him and Blind were constantly looking to get the ball in behind the Reading Defense. He takes care of himself by doing Yoga, just like Giggs did, so it's possible he has a few more years left in him. Atleast, one can hope this is the case.

Amazing numbers.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Hes such a calming presence in our midfield. I get worried at times with Pogba and Herrera because I always feel they can lose the ball and make a silly mistake at a moment. Carrick never shows that.

He'll definitely be playing against Liverpool after his fulfilled rest.

wr8_utd

:'(
We're doomed if we don't replace him really really well. We won 2-0 but you could easily see how much we miss him and how much he frees the others to play their game. There's a certain lack of composure and cohesion in our game without him.

HoopsMcCann

He's a good player and I'm thrilled he's playing better now than he has in years.

I do not feel he's nearly as irreplaceable as most around here though.

His limitations and strengths match pretty well with Herrera/Pogba's.

I'd love to read the thoughts of a reasonable England supporter on his exclusion over the years.

Mike09

He's a good player and I'm thrilled he's playing better now than he has in years.

I'd love to read the thoughts of a reasonable England supporter on his exclusion over the years.
I won't say better unless you started watching him last season.
I still think this season and last season are two of his worst season in his career with us compare to the others. But still the key of our team.

Oneunited26

I think carrick feels refreshed for the first time probably since 08/09, hes playing with midfielders who take so much of the load off his back, herrera and pogba literally huskeys he controls who have the power and energy to do all the other work for him, a DM's dream having pogba and herrera around him

Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Yet again, he comes up against a decent pressing team and he becomes invisible; he doesn't impose himself on games like these at all.

Stringer

Yet again, he comes up against a decent pressing team and he becomes invisible; he doesn't impose himself on games like these at all.
Yeah, he's in the team to control the game and has offered nothing today.

Skills

Snitch
He's been shit. Get him off for Mata, Herrera can do the business in our own half. Need a bit more guile in their half.

ivaldo

Yeah, he's in the team to control the game and has offered nothing today.
Yup, along with protecting the back four (hasn't done that we'll either) it's his primary job role. He needs to be the man to take the ball off Rojo and Jones, he's not doing it and we end up going long constantly.

lawliet354

And that's why he doesn't belong in Busqets/Pirlo/Xabi class, he often wilts in a game like this, hope that in 2nd half he turns up

NinjaFletch

Oh christ, he hasn't been so bad that he should come off for Rooney. I apologise Carrick.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Even when he had legs he wasn't up to much against high pressers or high intensity opponents.

Now that his legs are gone it is even more evident.

Love him to bits, but he has his clear limitations, always had.

El Zoido

He's looked laboured all of the first half, not sure he's fully fit.

fallengt

Pretty much this. Great player when other team is clueless

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
It's the right sub, but I would've liked to see Mata coming on instead of Rooney.

Mike09

Him poor? I don't think he was poor and I don't think he was good. He should have stayed instead of Pogba. Pogba ruined it in my opinion. Decision making, lacks of focus and concentration, poor passes, lose his men and the ball too many. Carrick was so much better compared to Pogba.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
And I think thats why he was rightly left out at the start of the season. Should not start in these games.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Him poor? I don't think he was poor and I don't think he was good. He should have stayed instead of Pogba. Pogba ruined it in my opinion. Decision making, lacks of focus and concentration, poor passes, lose his men and the ball too many. Carrick was so much better compared to Pogba.
Pogbas a match winner. Carrick isnt. Either could have come off, I think we made the right decision.

ivaldo

He was worse than poor, only Pogba had a worse half than he did. He has two jobs, to control play and to protect the back four, he did neither of these things. His passing was passive and wild at times, Liverpool were bypassing him on a regular basis. He hid, as he always does in games like these.

Devil may care

He's always struggled with the press and with Pogba going AWOL he lacked the protection to get his foot on the ball and do his best work.

Zoo

Wasn't able to influence things because Klopp put Lallana on him and used split strikers. The other midfielders and CB's need to step up to build the play but they were awful at it.

Skills

Snitch
I don't think we're any worse with Pogba, Herrera and Mata midfield 3.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Not Carrick's fault Pogba puts his hands on the ball. With that said, i thought we played better in the second half, so Mourinho was right to take him off, specially when we were trailing.

3KDré

We need to find a him a replacement soon. He wasn't the worst player on the pitch today, but seriously we've gone far too long not replacing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.