6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike09

I think he should start against Leicester. Our midfield are clueless without him. Put Fellaini to help Carrick defensively or Herrera to add more energy. But I'm more fancy with Fellaini Carrick Pogba against Leicester.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think he should start against Leicester. Our midfield are clueless without him. Put Fellaini to help Carrick defensively or Herrera to add more energy. But I'm more fancy with Fellaini Carrick Pogba against Leicester.
Yep drop Wazza and put in Carrick or Herrera.

Devil may care

Needs to come on at half time, we need to move the ball quicker from deep and with no Blind around Carrick is needed.

askabob

No idea why he's not getting minutes under Mourinho, as he's probably still our best midfielder.

Would have been fantastic against 11 men behind the ball, much better than that useless lump Fellaini :mad:

JezChan

Would like to know what's in Jose's head when it comes to Carrick. He brings so much composure to our play, and we desperately needed someone on the pitch as soon as we scored who wasn't about to foul everybody within a 10-yard radius.

Redlyn

Does Jose just not rate him or what? Can any one explain his chronic lack of minutes?

The United

Well, we can't rely on him too much since he has no future with us. So, I get it that we try to build a different type of playing style or putting someone else to see if they could do a job.

But, games like this where we need to win, I don't think it matters. Just put him there and move the ball quicker.

It is pretty strange. Jose's is very cautious. Rather put a brute to break up some no name teams at home where they couldn't even pass more than 2 or 3 times in a row most of the time.

Devil may care

I'm really not sure why Jose kept him, to me the mid week EL games were the ones I thought an aging squad player would be used for, yet again he gets no minutes, it's like we just want him for the training sessions.

Gibb11

Random bump/strange thought: (Situation: Im high... ) 22mins into the England v Malta game and im thinking England are playing fine here it's 0-0 at the moment but nothing to worry, But if Michael Carrick played in this England game now, would he look out of place? No, could you actually see him dictating the game? Remember this is Malta... we played one league cup game against lowly Northampton and he dictated the game and won man of the match. He's played 1 game all season, but against this team I just get the feeling Michael Carrick would run this game better than any England midfielder currently on their. The through balls he creates to bypass the midfield are just incredible, im thinking he would boss this game just by using the sometimes unnoticeable qualities of composure, calmness and intelligent passing and off the ball movement. That's how clever football teams work...

Edit Sturridge 1-0

Man Utd 4:1 Fenerbahce

Bwuk

Sublime pass for the first pen. His passing is so good. Play him, Herrera and Pogba together.

Devil may care

Passing is still top class but he cannot run at all these days, I imagine that's why Jose isn't using him in the PL.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sublime pass for the first pen. His passing is so good. Play him, Herrera and Pogba together.
His passing has been pretty good but didn't he have a pretty big brain fart in midfield? I like Carrick but personally I'd rather Mata was in

Minimalist

Typical Carrick performance. Has plenty of time and has used it to good effect.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Superb pass for the goal but has slowed us down far too much at times, and could've cost us a goal when he got caught on the ball.

Eddy_JukeZ

Superb pass for the goal but has slowed us down far too much at times, and could've cost us a goal when he got caught on the ball.
Agree with this. He's good in games like this, but I do think it'd be a risk to play him in the big games.

Smores

Against the lesser teams he's stil great. Think age will keep him off the pitch for the bigger matches unfortunately.

We've had some great success with Carrick its a shame his carèer is nearly done

Manny

Grammar Police
Pogba needs to stay ahead of him more and stop dropping deep so often.

Solid half from Carrick though. Especially as he has hardly played in weeks.

Devil may care

I think we saw the best and worst of him within 10 seconds tonight, when the ball came out and practically every player was crowded in and around the Fener box he lofted a first time pass perfectly into Mata's path for him to cross, but when it was headed clear he could barely get moving to try and stop the counter.

AndyJ1985

Makes me laugh when people say that Fellaini's passing was good against Liverpool. No, Carrick and Mata are examples of what good passing is, Carrick especially.

SirScholes

Did you watch Carrick stop with the ball up by leftback? The crowd went mental.
I also watched his pass create the oppotunity for the pen? he was looking for a pass forward and didnt seem to have one, the crowd might wel of been acting towards the lack of movement

ivaldo

I also watched his pass create the oppotunity for the pen? he was looking for a pass forward and didnt seem to have one, the crowd might wel of been acting towards the lack of movement
Did you also see him caught on the ball deep in our own half? No one is disputing his passing ability anyway...

SirScholes

No one is disputing hos passing ability...
he certainly does not slow us down more than fellaini, because of his passing he can find the likes of mata making those runs or martial and lingard.
Hes made so many clever passes to players in space making it look easy when the likes of schniederlin or fellini just wouldnt see it or in herreras case not have the range to find them

ivaldo

he certainly does not slow us down more than fellaini, because of his passing he can find the likes of mata making those runs or martial and lingard.
Hes made so many clever passes to players in space making it look easy when the likes of schniederlin or fellini just wouldnt see it or in herreras case not have the range to find them
Yeah he does find those clever passes against teams like this, he doesn't have it in him against better sides though, he becomes a complete passenger.

Rossa

He always does this once in a while, goes ball watching - Scholes, surprisingly also always had a brainfart in him every match. In terms of slowing the game down, he is the one that keeps is ticking and makes us play faster; Pogba carries the ball for ages whereas Carrick hardly uses more than two touches, one to control the ball and one to pass it. His style is languid and looks pedestrian, but he moves the ball quickly, and I doubt there are many midfielders who spends less time on the ball with as many passes. His pass to Depay there was absolutely fantastic (used four or five touches that time though).

He lacks all kinds of agility though and is quite slow on the first five yards, but his top speed has always been good and is still decent.

ivaldo

He always does this once in a while, goes ball watching - Scholes, surprisingly also always had a brainfart in him every match. In terms of slowing the game down, he is the one that keeps is ticking and makes us play faster; Pogba carries the ball for ages whereas Carrick hardly uses more than two touches, one to control the ball and one to pass it. His style is languid and looks pedestrian, but he moves the ball quickly, and I doubt there are many midfielders who spends less time on the ball with as many passes. His pass to Depay there was absolutely fantastic (used four or five touches that time though).

He lacks all kinds of agility though and is quite slow on the first five yards, but his top speed has always been good and is still decent.
There has been several instances tonight where he has stood on the ball for four or 5 seconds.

When he's giving the oppotunity to, against a team that presses he is a complete liability, we've seen it time and time again, he doesn't control games against top sides now, quite the opposite, he goes missing entirely.

And no, his top speed isn't decent, at all. In fact with the exception of perhaps DDG and Mata he's the slowest player on the pitch for us.

He's played well tonight though.

Status
Not open for further replies.