Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

acnumber9

Strange bump.

Herrera and Schneiderlin have been our best two players. It's our attack that has been piss poor.
Our attack has been poor because they're starved of the ball. Our midfield is completely incapable of getting it to them.

Bojan11

Our attack has been poor because they're starved of the ball. Our midfield is completely incapable of getting it to them.
Rashford loss possession the most in the first half.

So not really. He needs support and Carrick is hardly going to give him that.

acnumber9

Rashford loss possession the most in the first half.

So not really. He needs support and Carrick is hardly going to give him that.
From punts up the pitch mostly. Carrick can actually pass the ball. That definitely helps.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
When was the last time we played any good football without him?

Walters_19_MuFc

Strange bump.

Herrera and Schneiderlin have been our best two players. It's our attack that has been piss poor.
That doesn't mean anything. There's been very few passes in between the lines from our midfielders. Carrick is still one of the best around at doing that.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Taking him out is anyway not something I like, but having neither Blind nor Carrick means we lose all passing control.

Bwuk

Still our best midfielder.

No-one else can control a game like him.

kunal18

Judging by last season, neither can he. He's largely surviving on his reputation on here I feel.
He can pass better than any of our other midfielders even in his sleep which is the most important attribute for a midfielder at a top club.
We dont have a player of his calibre at the club who can control games.
He has to be played as much as possible for us to have a good season, else it will be a long one.

Eddy_JukeZ

We desperately miss a player like him.

Should be priority number 1 next summer.

Devil may care

The idea that we don't need to replace him is codswallop, this DM shit only goes so far, one of your CM's needs to be able to control the tempo and use the ball properly, Carrick is still streets ahead in this regard, he just hasn't got the legs anymore and even then his positioning and discipline is missed.

Scholesy

Hes much older than Schweinsteiger but apparently Basti is the one who is past is?

Either of them should be starting. The midfield we had tonight is unable to control a game.

legball

I think everyone is right, Carrick is the only midfielder we have who can control a game, and his calming influence in midfield is something we lack. I hope we move for Julian Weigl next summer, he's the only one I know that has the style and talent to match it.

United22

This guy is the only fecker who can save the team from falling into the pits. Nothing, I repeat nothing will change until we introduce a true defensive midfielder into our line up who can actually pass the ball

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I'm a massive Carrick fan and defended him for a long time, but he really is on his last legs.

The problem is that we don't have any player who can do what he does. I've suggested Blind, but i'm not sure at all that i trust him as the DM, even though his passing is great.

I can't see any other solution than to play Carrick, with Pogba and Herrera/Fellaini in front of him. Rest him in anything else than the PL and hopefully he will provide us with some much needed playmaking.

Next summer we really have to find someone to take over from him.

OneUnited24

The only player in this team who doesn't look to recycle the ball out wide but pick people out in the middle

Ash_G

He won't play like this in every game as there won't be the space but I've said it before, in a 3 he has a lot to offer. If free's him up in the middle, means that others can cover his lack of legs but allow us to make the most of his passing from deep. Would definitely like to see him, herrera and pogba given a go. We'll have to use him somewhat sparingly but I think he can play more than people think.

Witchking

Wow, can't believe all the "start him" posts. He will be a liability in the league. He has no pace and needs time on the ball which the Northampton players gladly gave him.

We already play with 9 outfield players. Can't make it 8 with Carrick starting as well.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Wow, can't believe all the "start him" posts. He will be a liability in the league. He has no pace and needs time on the ball which the Northampton players gladly gave him.

We already play with 9 outfield players. Can't make it 8 with Carrick starting as well.
Exactly. They started pressing more after the first half an hour and wasn't able to control the game anymore. He's done at the highest level

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
When there's time on the ball, he's just pure class.

His passing is still the best at the club

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I love him. I swear when we bought him people were questioning him and the money, what a buy he was.

Also I feel like he doesn't shoot very often but he's got a great shot on him and rarely misses the target at least. I always think he should shoot more, but that might be selective memory from me.

Rossa

He doesn't need pace, but he would still easily beat Blind in a foot race. His passing and his ability to find space makes him seem almost pedestrian. It's an art.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

He's surely our best defensive option. Schneiderlin is dump there, Herrera is better further forward, and Pogba doesn't have the discipline to play there.

Rossa

I love him. I swear when we bought him people were questioning him and the money, what a buy he was.

Also I feel like he doesn't shoot very often but he's got a great shot on him and rarely misses the target at least. I always think he should shoot more, but that might be selective memory from me.
Agree. I thought at once Hargreaves was a much better buy. How wrong was I.

Agree with the shooting part. He actually has a good shot on him.

Bojan11

He doesn't need pace, but he would still easily beat Blind in a foot race. His passing and his ability to find space makes him seem almost pedestrian. It's an art.
Blinds not as slow as you making him out to be.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire

I'd be more than happy with Carrick taking Rooney's place.

Kag

You'll get stung but there's some truth to this. He isn't the answer to all our problems, but if we manage him effectively then we can make good use of him.

Plonking him in on Saturday alongside Pogba and Fellaini against a rapid Leicester attack is exactly what we shouldn't be doing, because he'll fall to pieces.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Good words after regarding too much being made over team selections and players having to prove themselves etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.