Michael Carrick | 2021/22 Interim-Interim Manager Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I really hope this is only a two game maximum kind of deal here. Solskjaer was far from the only problem with this team. He was just the man who obviously took the brunt of it because of his role as manager.

I know they said it was only a short term thing, but you know what these lot are like. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that he wins these game quite convincingly and they're having the conversation on whether he should be given more time.

Cretins.

Water Melon

Hope we get all the 3 points. It would be a huge boost ahead of the game against the chavs. Let's see who Carrick starts and how we play. I hope he surprises all of us both selection- as well as results-wise.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Must say that seeing both Carrick and Ronaldo's threads at the top of the player performance section is very nostalgic!

Idxomer

His answer to the question about Villarreal was all over the place but at least he talked about tactics.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I really hope this is only a two game maximum kind of deal here. Solskjaer was far from the only problem with this team. He was just the man who obviously took the brunt of it because of his role as manager.

I know they said it was only a short term thing, but you know what these lot are like. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that he wins these game quite convincingly and they're having the conversation on whether he should be given more time.

Cretins.
Which would obviously be a common sense approach. If Carrick is able to successfully get us to the end of the season that is by far the more desirable option than looking for someone else to come in and then leave in 6 months.

If Carrick goes on a run similar to Ole’s interim start I’m happy to let him continue, but he must be gone by the summer for sure.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He has something very cool and mysterious about him, maybe the beard, maybe it would be even better if he was bald, I am excited for tomorrow.

He also seems very annoyed when Maguire speaks, could be a good thing.

Red Rash

Will be super interesting to see the formation, line up and style of play tomorrow (although style of play will be difficult to change in only a couple of days).

If it remains the same as Ole with the same back four, Fred and McTominay in midfield, then I will be worried.

If he is able to make some changes then we can at least assume Carrick didn't have a huge input in team selection whilst Ole was here.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Which would obviously be a common sense approach. If Carrick is able to successfully get us to the end of the season that is by far the more desirable option than looking for someone else to come in and then leave in 6 months.

If Carrick goes on a run similar to Ole’s interim start I’m happy to let him continue, but he must be gone by the summer for sure.
Yeah, i guess I'm not completely against that, and perhaps i should have clarified what i meant, or modified what i said. If we can somehow limp to the end of the season and get into the top four under Carrick then fine.

But yeah, he MUST be gone in the summer. They simply can't repeat the same mistake. I don't think we will get to the end of the season with him though, as i don't think he's up to it.

TrustInOle

Hope he does well enough to give himself a jump start into management somewhere, if those are his aspirations. He is basically pressure free though and hope our fans don't give him a hard time regardless of results.

romufc

I wonder why everyone is expecting things different. He was the coach, he was in it with Ole making decisions, he even said they both had similar beliefs.

I cannot see much of a change under Carrick,

spiriticon

Ahh I remember the good ole days of people discussing whether he was mobile enough to start games against the big teams...

Little did we know what was to come :lol:

OleBoiii

I thought that someone bumped an old player performance thread for a second there :lol:

He's been thrown into the deep end, but our performances have been so bad recently that he almost literally can't do worse. Perhaps we'll even see a new manager bounce of sorts?

RUCK4444

Ahh I remember the good ole days of people discussing whether he was mobile enough to start games against the big teams...

Little did we know what was to come :lol:
Yeah and a young Carrick would absolutely walk into this teams midfield now with a pipe and his slippers on. Levels and levels above what we have in midfield.

Nick7

I wonder why everyone is expecting things different. He was the coach, he was in it with Ole making decisions, he even said they both had similar beliefs.

I cannot see much of a change under Carrick,
Only thing that's making me optimistic is there were stories after the Liverpool game that the coaching staff had spent all week training a 3 at the back formation only for Ole to tear that up the day of the game to go with 4-2-3-1 and the coaching staff was confused at the move.

OmarUnited4ever

I have low expectations of Carrick, and I hope he doesn't last for more than 2 games, either the club brings in a proper and experienced coach on interim basis or a top coach on permanent basis.

Born2Lose

Might have to get used to seeing this a few times over the next few weeks.

united for life

Will be super interesting to see the formation, line up and style of play tomorrow (although style of play will be difficult to change in only a couple of days).

If it remains the same as Ole with the same back four, Fred and McTominay in midfield, then I will be worried.

If he is able to make some changes then we can at least assume Carrick didn't have a huge input in team selection whilst Ole was here.
i doubt a lot will change with Michael. He was part of the Ole coaching staff and was a partner in that era. If he’s smart, he’ll just make sure he starts VDB. Bench him and he’ll have everyone asking for him to be sacked as interim interim manager

Zoo

I like the way he spoke. He has a quiet authority about him like he did as a player.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He has something very cool and mysterious about him, maybe the beard, maybe it would be even better if he was bald, I am excited for tomorrow.

He also seems very annoyed when Maguire speaks, could be a good thing.
I'm excited that Ole is gone, and super excited to see how Carrick will do. I hope Carrick win every game he manage. He's on Top 5 United legend in my heart, way way more than Ole.

Eddy_JukeZ

I don't really see much changing with him being the manager for now, but I hope I'm wrong.

Wouldn't be surprised if we look awful against Villareal.

padzilla

Hipster
There were suggestions in the press Carrick and McKenna were keen on coaching the side to play 4-3-3 and were frustrated that Ole was insisting on a more defensive shape.
I guess we'll see tonight how true those rumours were.

El B

From Laurie Whitwell in The Athletic this morning -

'As a player, Carrick was known for being courteous to staff by turning his worn shirt the desired way and placing it in the laundry basket, and as a coach he is sharp on text-message grammar.'

He's polite, folds his shirt and has good grammar. Can't fail this time boyos.

El B

Read that earlier, total fluff. If they were briefing Whitwell to try and get some goodwill for Carrick then it failed big time. Theres nothing in it, no substance, just guff about him being nice. The usual 'I'll look at myself and see what I could do better platitudes'.

spiriticon

I'm sure Michael is a lovely chap and is super professional. But is he talented enough for the big time? Our set piece and organisational structure over the last few years while he's been coaching suggests to me that he can improve.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I'm excited that Ole is gone, and super excited to see how Carrick will do. I hope Carrick win every game he manage. He's on Top 5 United legend in my heart, way way more than Ole.
Top 5, that is quite high. But I would love for him to do well and I dont find it unthinkable that McKenna and Carrick are far better than they have seemed to be under Ole.

Let's see. There is no reason for me anymore to just be negative, some hope is okay.

OverratedOpinion

Read that earlier, total fluff. If they were briefing Whitwell to try and get some goodwill for Carrick then it failed big time. Theres nothing in it, no substance, just guff about him being nice. The usual 'I'll look at myself and see what I could do better platitudes'.
To be fair I don't doubt he is very professional, he was as a player as well.

He probably also has a decent tactical understanding. Problem is he is far too timid to be a manager and probably too timid to go against the grain and voice an opinion in the crap managerial setups he has been a part of. He would probably be decent in some type of coaching role under someone like Pep or Tuchel.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Now that the game is drawing closer, I actually feel some hope again. Thanks Mikey.

I like his line up.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If he has played Martial centre and Ronaldo on the left (or rotating) then this is going to be great start to his management career.

Corridor of Uncertainty

In a couple of days, Michelangelo Carrico has turned us into a well organised, pressing and potent attacking team.

He's the don.

Status
Not open for further replies.