Michael Carrick leaves Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRN-BRUno

Current 1/2 favourite for the Swindon job. Would imagine he'd be expected to get promotion from League 2 if true.

philnguyen1994

Current 1/2 favourite for the Swindon job. Would imagine he'd be expected to get promotion from League 2 if true.
I've also been curious about his next job since he starts resurfacing as a guest pundit for a few PL games, and the only thing I've learned so far is to ignore betting odds, he's been the favorite for quite a few jobs now - and all turned out to be local rumours leading to people putting a few quid in.

For all we know, he might not have been looking for a managerial job at all. He only retired as a player in 2017 and must have been on decent money as the first name on the team sheet for a decade. Probably could afford to enjoy his life waiting for the right opportunity. Or maybe just don't fancy the pressure and will be the no 2 at either Ole or Rooney's next job.

philnguyen1994

He's the next Middlesbrough manager according to OneBoro's resident ITK poster, whom they all seem to trust.

Good opportunity for him to prove himself if true. He's a Geordie so he's kinda local as well. Or maybe that's not a good thing considering the rivalry? Didn't Steve Bruce get treated quite badly by Sunderland fans for being a Geordie?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He's the next Middlesbrough manager according to OneBoro's resident ITK poster, whom they all seem to trust.

Good opportunity for him to prove himself if true. He's a Geordie so he's kinda local as well. Or maybe that's not a good thing considering the rivalry? Didn't Steve Bruce get treated quite badly by Sunderland fans for being a Geordie?
He's odds on to be manager with bookmakers, has been for a few days so definitely something in it.

Be good to see him at a reasonably big club like Boro.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Good luck to him. As an armchair expert, him and Mackenna were to blame for everything bad while Ole was coach but I hope he does well at Boro.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ah that means that rat faced cnut Wilder has been sacked? Good. Feck him!!

And good luck to Carrick!

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

From living in the North East for 15 years, there is a rivalry but nowt like the Sunderland and Newcastle rivalry. Might be more of a thing when they are in the same division again (Newcastle and Boro I mean) but he should be fine.

Very pleased for him and agree it's a very good club to go try and prove himself at. Hope he does really well.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona

Middlesbrough vs Newcastle is a North-east derby but it doesn't have the animosity that Newcastle vs Sunderland has.

philnguyen1994

1/10 on SkyBet and betting suspended on BetVictor now. Probably a done deal.

According to Boro fans, apparently he turned them down initially when he insisted on bringing Phelan and Meulensteen with him, while they wanted to force Leo Percovich and Lee Cattermole (remember him!?) on him. They then went on to lose two games and will probably now accept his demands.

I know Phelan is a bit of a joke figure on the caf these days, but surely Carrick-Phelan-Meulensteen would be a very qualified management team for the Championship.

Reactions: Jippy

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
All the best to him. I think he'll do well.

tomaldinho1

According to Boro fans, apparently he turned them down initially when he insisted on bringing Phelan and Meulensteen with him, while they wanted to force Leo Percovich and Lee Cattermole (remember him!?) on him. They then went on to lose two games and will probably now accept his demands.

I know Phelan is a bit of a joke figure on the caf these days, but surely Carrick-Phelan-Meulensteen would be a very qualified management team for the Championship.
Yh I mean Phelan and Rene have managed albeit not with huge success at a higher level & Carrick seems a switched on guy.

Same as with McKenna, hope to see them both earn their way back into the PL as managers.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Phelan and Rene are definitely good enough to be on the staff at Boro. Taking on Carrick as manager is a massive risk though, so fair play.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Don't do it Micky! Don't tarnish your reputation before you even start. That club is a real poison chalice.

philnguyen1994

Now confirmed: twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1582757489275199488

Can someone perhaps start a new "Michael Carrick - Middlesbrough manager" thread? Rooney and McKenna both already have their own threads for their managerial careers. I can't start threads or embed tweets as a newbie.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
They weren't named, but Burnley was rumoured to be one of them.
they probably weren’t named because they didn’t exist.

if Burnley was one it would’ve been a good job for him pretty much guaranteed to come back up.

tomaldinho1

Which would purely be a choice, because he could easily manager another 20 years if he was successful and enjoyed it.
Im sure he could get a similar level job to Carrick or McKenna if he really wanted to although his hands off management style probably isn’t what a lot of these clubs want.

Status
Not open for further replies.