Michael Oliver

Anustart89

If blocking a shot is an equally deliberate action to under-hitting a back pass or just passing it to an opponent, then the rules are fecking bonkers. I refuse to believe it.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
He kind of mentioned this:

His taking was that Morgans deflection was deliberate so it fits the rule..

Just saying I am just as baffled as anyone else..
See the other part of that quote - it specifically states that it is offside if it's a deflection. The rules see deflections and saves as the same thing in this regard. You're right to be baffled, Foy was talking out of his ass.
If blocking a shot is an equally deliberate action to under-hitting a back pass or just passing it to an opponent, then the rules are fecking bonkers. I refuse to believe it.
Indeed, and it's not correct. You can find loads of offsides given for that and I don't believe for one second that it's the reason Oliver didn't give the one last night. It wasn't given because it was incredibly tight, and if in doubt the ref (or assistant) has to let it go - the benefit of the doubt goes to the attacker, in this case.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
You usually only see defenders get cheap calls like that. Sterling needs nothing to fall over and someone like Monreal being so much stronger like that...

Sanchez would never had gotten a penalty there.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
if he'd given that at the other end you would all be saying it was a blatant penalty

It's B Rubble

The fact that this discussion is taking place (the pk call), should be enough to convice anyone it was not a stonewall pen and was as soft as the fk moments before.

BigCaine

Man who loves being touched inappropriately by city players gives them a soft pen, what a surprise

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
sterling was never in control of the ball for me
you don't actually have to be in control of the ball to be fouled
I'm sure when Morgan does that to Sterling in a few weeks you'd be the first one to moan if a foul is given.
yes, I would moan at Wes Morgan for being an utter moron in fouling him needlessly, as well as being shocked he was playing at left back

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
The fact that this discussion is taking place (the pk call), should be enough to convice anyone it was not a stonewall pen and was as soft as the fk moments before.
If I started a discussion saying the earth is flat should that then be enough of a basis to convince people the earth is flat?

It's B Rubble

If I started a discussion saying the earth is flat should that then be enough of a basis to convince people the earth is flat?
No, theres no evidence supporting that, whereas we are watching a refereeing team having trouble with basic decisions. This offsides call is another brilliant example.

Thepinhead

What a joke of a ref. It is starting to become clear that he is biased towards certain teams. He is not even making an effort anymore to hide it.

Red Stone

Michael Oliver's face is so annoying it affects my judgment of him as a referee. He could make the clearest, most correct call ever and I'd still doubt the guy because he winds me up so much.

He's a fecking shite ref too.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I'm convinced you're a troll.
Nah I’m just enjoying the irony of United fans moaning about biased refs after all the years you had them.

From the replay it looked like Koschielny and possibly even Bellerin we’re playing Silva onside, certainly close enough for doubt in the assistants mind, which in case you forgot, the benefit of goes to the attacker

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Nah I’m just enjoying the irony of United fans moaning about biased refs after all the years you had them.

From the replay it looked like Koschielny and possibly even Bellerin we’re playing Silva onside, certainly close enough for doubt in the assistants mind, which in case you forgot, the benefit of goes to the attacker
You're enjoying it by purposely spouting nonsense and winding people up. That's what a troll does.

Rossa

So two wrongs make a right? Also, you are clearly wrong. Ridiculous

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us

idiot

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
You're enjoying it by purposely spouting nonsense and winding people up. That's what a troll does.
not because the decision was close, they showed the freeze frame of when the pass was made, he wasn't miles off and was pretty much inline with the 2 players I mentioned, he may well have been offside but you lot are acting like he was off by yards he wasn't it was pretty close.

Also the offside call wasn't even made by Oliver so it's not even relevant