Michael Oliver

Irrational.

He definitely has a chip on his shoulder when it comes to us.

How Moses didn't get booked on at least two occasions I have no idea. Yet Valencia was booked on his first challenge.

He's an infuriating ref, even considering the dogshit quality of refs in this country.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Red cafe thought process

Independent opinion: Michael Oliver is a terrible referee, incredibly frustrating every game

Redcafe: we didn’t lose because of Oliver!! We were rubbish ref was fine piss off to rawk!!

Similar to

Independent view: finishing second shows movement in the right directiom even though I still have some reservations about our ability to kick on further. Still 2nd on 81pts is better to see than 7th, 6th 5th and 4th.

Redcafe: we are Manchester United we don’t celebrate second!! Losers attitude!! This is why we can’t challenge.

———

Not every opinion or observation has to be intrinsically linked to another . Nobody, or the very bare minimum are remotely suggesting we lost because of the referee.
Best of luck getting this simple concept into people's heads.

acnumber9

It didn’t make a difference to the result or anything but he booked Courtois for time wasting in injury time and then added no extra time for it. It’s infuriating. He’s acknowledged that it was happening and did nothing about it. The yellow card is no punishment at all.

Minimalist

He's probably the only ref I have a genuine issue with. Making shite decisions is one thing but he's such a drama queen all the time.

Needs a good slap.

Gjx

He'd lost the game for the few mins leading up to the penalty and was itching to make a big call.

montpelier

I think the penalty could go either way.

Arguing against the red card is hard, imo.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Agree with the pen, not the red card.
Is that based on Salah losing control of the ball before the contact? I'll need to see it again but I've been told he wasn't in possession of the ball, which I missed.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Useless ref. Any time the wind blew and a palace player went down it was a foul. The only two decisions he got right were the penalty and red card.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
I think it was like 80:20 on the pen, and the red card should be 80:20 too if VAR was implemented. But in real time if a ref calls the foul that's always gonna be a red card since it's pretty much impossible to see that Salah might not be in control of the ball anymore.

automaticflare

shite ref

peno was a peno evn though salah dived (delayed reaction when he realised he couldnt shoot)
do not think it was a red based on the touch by salah was a foul

everything else he got right I think as much as i don'tl ike him

Yagami

Good post resistant
Is that based on Salah losing control of the ball before the contact? I'll need to see it again but I've been told he wasn't in possession of the ball, which I missed.
Yeah, from what I remember. Still a foul but the GK already picked up the loose ball so I thought a red was too harsh.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Oliver is shite but that bullshit call came from the lino.

Also that fat feck Phil Dowd in the studio said it was the right call :wenger:

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Not his fault there, no idea what the linesman saw. Of course, not getting a decent replay doesn't help. I'm watching NBC who are contractually obliged to agree with the ref no matter what actually happens, so I can't tell. Looked very harsh to me.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Having a referee in the studio is the most pointless thing ever. They’re the tightest fraternity in the world.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

That's why this feature will never be of any value, if it was around for Suarez biting Ivanovic then they'd class it as a clean piece of play.

Former ref protecting refs shouldn't be a shock.