Michael Oliver

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Most insanely one sided performance from a ref I've seen in quite a while that

Cardozo

Very poor performance today where he got 2/3 penalty decisions wrong.

Seems to believe he’s a trend setter for the rules which just results in inconsistency.

If that’s now a penalty on Lovren then there’ll be at least 2 penalties a game from now on.

Alejandro Angel

I have to say i was traumatised as a eleven year old by a school referee whom favoured another side (and admitted to it years after) it is a long story but this has reflected in my hatred of referees. This is usually me shouting a tv sometimes in the pub and on the rare occasions I get to see utd. So just wanted to prefix that before.I asked Was the Mane incident as bad as been reported.
I have to say in my opinion the coverage of Mane as nice guy is totally at odds with his performances and his challenges (the high foot on Ederson then staying down pretending to be injured rather than seeing how the other player was and he is such a nice player, my arse)

I have been thinking Liverpool have been getting it easier in the premier league than other clubs especially with Salah let off even though it was a clear dive. although this has nothing to do with Oliver.

I have always thought Michael Oliver is inept and the worst referee in the league, this is a man who sends off a Utd player for pulling his shirt to get his attention, yet does not send off a player for aggressively shouting in his face and making contact head to head (Joe Hart) this is all the evidence that is needed to prove a bias

Last edited by a moderator:

Fitchett

A decent ref would have booked both Salah and Lovren for going down so easily in the penalty area, but Oliver being Oliver awarded two penalties. I look forward to seeing him award us a penalty, when a United player is "fouled" in a similar situation.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
A decent ref would have booked both Salah and Lovren for going down so easily in the penalty area, but Oliver being Oliver awarded two penalties. I look forward to seeing him award us a penalty, when a United player is "fouled" in a similar situation.
Pretty similar situation was when Di Maria got a yellow after being held on the arm. Minimal contact, so went down. Yellow, and a yellow for pulling his shirt after.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is the sort of bloke you start with bringing to an Israel and Palestine war convention, then a full 6 months later you have archived world peace.

prateik

I dont watch all the games but judging by the reaction here after last nights game, this thread has no credibility.. people complain for no real reason.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I dont watch all the games but judging by the reaction here after last nights game, this thread has no credibility.. people complain for no real reason.
Both of Liverpool's penalties were dives and Mané could have gotten a red in the first half. Those things obviously stand out. Personally I think the Mané thing was way bigger than typical gifts of a penalty call from Oliver (he is a shit ref) as that could have affected the game unlike a couple of goals that just made Arsenal look even worse on paper. Xhaka could also have gotten a red in the first half but got a stern talking instead and an obvious dive from Kolasinac resulted in a glare instead of a card (how about you refs do your jobs of cutting this out of the game!).

In our last match Jonathan Moss was just horrible overall for both sides. If you watch the officiating in Spain and Italy and see how VAR has changed the overall game you notice the lower standards of the PL much more.

prateik

Both of Liverpool's penalties were dives and Mané could have gotten a red in the first half. Those things obviously stand out. Personally I think the Mané thing was way bigger than typical gifts of a penalty call from Oliver (he is a shit ref) as that could have affected the game unlike a couple of goals that just made Arsenal look even worse on paper. Xhaka could also have gotten a red in the first half but got a stern talking instead and an obvious dive from Kolasinac resulted in a glare instead of a card (how about you refs do your jobs of cutting this out of the game!).

In our last match Jonathan Moss was just horrible overall for both sides. If you watch the officiating in Spain and Italy and see how VAR has changed the overall game you notice the lower standards of the PL much more.
The first one was a penalty. I didn't see the second one.
I saw the Mane incident.Don't think the ref saw that. And I'm pretty certain lichtsteiner elbowed Mane. If the FA looks at it, they might give both reds.. Realistically, nothing will happen

Xhaka not getting that second yellow for kicking the ball away was annoying. The ref is supposed to do his job and not worry about "spoiling the game".. but unfortunately, most referees wouldnt give out 2 yellows in a few seconds..

My point is, I don't think Olivers performance was any worse than any other refereeing performance. This is the new "standard performance" with the odd shocker and the rare excellent performance by referees.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This ref ALWAYS gets turned by a loud crowd. Whenever fans react to certain fouls or decisions he more often or not will side with the crowd.

I lost count how many times they shouted handball and then he blew straight away.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Pretty similar situation was when Di Maria got a yellow after being held on the arm. Minimal contact, so went down. Yellow, and a yellow for pulling his shirt after.
Yep he had no problem giving back to back yellows then and also sending off Herrera against Chelsea and instantly ruining a good match.

Then Xhaka gets booked and proceeds to boot the ball away after, no second yellow. The second penalty was a joke. He's awful.

Irrational.

I see this thread on the front page and now my hand is a fist.
:lol:

He's the perfect example of what's wrong with refs in this country. They want to feel like celebrities and be the talking point.

Unluckily for him, the media have completely ignored his "performance", meaning he'll be free to feck up another high profile game in the near future.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Some serious RAWK esque bias in here. The first one was a clear penalty. Second one wasn't but to claim the first isn't is delusion!
You know why every time a player is touched in the box doesn't result in a penalty? Because there would be fecking 50 penalties a game if the ref was consistent on that. It is obvious Salah didn't naturally fall over from the 2 touches he got, the same way Lovren didn't.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Remember when Herrera got two yellows for two tackles in the FA cup because other players had tackled Hazard? This moron makes up rules as he goes, a joke of a ref.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
The first one was a penalty. I didn't see the second one.
I saw the Mane incident.Don't think the ref saw that. And I'm pretty certain lichtsteiner elbowed Mane. If the FA looks at it, they might give both reds.. Realistically, nothing will happen

Xhaka not getting that second yellow for kicking the ball away was annoying. The ref is supposed to do his job and not worry about "spoiling the game".. but unfortunately, most referees wouldnt give out 2 yellows in a few seconds..

My point is, I don't think Olivers performance was any worse than any other refereeing performance. This is the new "standard performance" with the odd shocker and the rare excellent performance by referees.
The standard is bad and these refs are in dire need of video technology to help them. Overall they also need to be taught to be consistent in dealing with diving. They just cannot do it in England.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
FA are really desperate for a scouse title. My guess is that he will give them a penalty and also send off one of ours. Herrera is my guess.