Michael Oliver

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Does the ref decide how many minutes of extra time there are? Because he's a fecking cheating bastard.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Such an annoying referee, no consistency in his game at all.

1 minute he allows a player to win the ball despite going through players legs, next minute he calls the very same instance a foul.

Pagh Wraith

Flawless performance really. Just because a team gets more decisions (and it did feel like that in the first half) doesn't mean the referee made a mistake. They may have just committed fewer offenses. The game never got any sort of flow going, I'm glad he didn't contribute to that further.

criticalanalysis

Thought he was fine and had control of the game.

The quality of football from both sides were poor with lots of loose touches and touch fouls but he didn't go card happy and was fairly consistent.

Alemar

Actually I dont see where Oliver performed badly today. Got all key decisions right, was relatively consistent, didn't go on a cards rush, didn't give Liverpool an undeserved penalty... Yes, sure it would be better if he allowed that goal but it's up to the linesman, and it was a marginal offside indeed...

Revan

Assumptionman
Surprisingly, he was good today. The game was uncharacteristically easy to officiate though.

diarm

I thought he was poor today without getting any of the big decisions wrong. He gave enough soft ones against us to stop any momentum being built - same old story with him against United to be honest. He has this notion in his head that he's the ref who doesn't bow to the United or Old Trafford factor and he's determined to prove it at every chance he can.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
I'm not 1 normally to have a dig a refs but that was an awful performance from Oliver. Totally 1 sided refereeing, not surprised he only gave 2mins injury time as it was United who were looking more likely to score in the 2nd half

Anustart89

Sneaky twat fecker gave Gini Wijnaldum that yellow at the end so it really looked like he hadn't been favouring them :lol:
He wasn't even going to give the foul there until his linesman started waving his flag, couldn't ignore it after that, and because it was a counter he had to give the yellow.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Tyler calling him the best referee in England is a damning indictment.

drdoityourself

The little chance this game had of getting going was stopped by him blowing for every challenge. Poor performance.

Revan

Assumptionman
I'm not 1 normally to have a dig a refs but that was an awful performance from Oliver. Totally 1 sided refereeing, not surprised he only gave 2mins injury time as it was United who were looking more likely to score in the 2nd half
2 minutes were alright. Typically the refs add 30 secs for a substitution and maybe an extra minute if there isn't any big stoppage. Hoelwever, there were only 2 subs in the second half, and there wasn't any long stoppage, so 2 mins make sense.

Same game would have had 4 mins if there would have been 6 subs in the second half.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

9 Draws in PL now when He's the referee. Why am I not surprised. Most of the decisions went to Liverpool's way.

This guy, like Mike Dean, likes to make headlines but He's worse because sometimes His decision doesn't make sense at all. No card because it's still early in the game? no card for Henderson but instant yellow for Young? feck off Oliver.

Revan

Assumptionman

9 Loses in PL now when He's the referee. Why am I not surprised. Most of the decisions went to Liverpool's way.

This guy, like Mike Dean, likes to make headlines but He's worse because sometimes His decision doesn't make sense at all. No card because it's still early in the game? no card for Henderson but instant yellow for Young? feck off Oliver.
Unless I missed something, we didn't lose today.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
2 minutes were alright. Typically the refs add 30 secs for a substitution and maybe an extra minute if there isn't any big stoppage. Hoelwever, there were only 2 subs in the second half, and there wasn't any long stoppage, so 2 mins make sense.

Same game would have had 4 mins if there would have been 6 subs in the second half.
I agree that 2mins was right, I just wonder if it would have been the same if Liverpool were dominating and looked the more likely to score. We'll never know and maybe it's just my dislike for Oliver talking

KjaAnd

He was awful again today. Gave Liverpool almost every 50/50. Milner should have had a second yellow after his tackle on Sanchez. And did anyone else see Matip's stamp on Young in our penalty box after a corner? Can't find it anywhere.

R'hllor

That "conversation" between him and Young about Liverpool wall being to close :lol:

OldSchoolManc

Can any statistitians tell me if Oliver has ever sent an opposing player off against United?
I know he’s sent our players off before.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The moment where Young was saying the defender wasn't 10 yards from the free kick and Oliver, the man who is supposed to mark where the defender(s) should be at the taking of an attacking free kick, just shrugged - that was mental.

I understand getting decisions wrong, it happens. I even understand being lenient with red cards to not ruin big games. But just shrugging at not doing part of your job is just crazy. I've never seen a referee refuse to do that. Especially not since they have the magic spray.

It was just like "Yeah, whatever Ash. I don't care. I'm all the way over here now, so just make do"

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Very generous calling fouls for them, and amazing Henderson survived without a booking or that Milner didn’t get a final warning at least for the second-half foul on Sanchez (I think) - good game by his standards :D

Shimo

He was okay but, hate him reffing any of our games. Surely thought Henderson would have got a yellow for his 3rd foul seeing that his first one was quite cynical and didn't really want to send Milner off - think a United player in that situation gets sent off. Always get a feeling he doesn't want to come across as a ref that seems to favor us and ends up unbalanced.

OldSchoolManc

Okay, I’ve checked the stats myself. He has sent off United players 4 times for two yellow cards.
Has never sent a player off for an opposing team against United.