Michael Oliver

OldSchoolManc

Why have we got this knob yet again?!
The epitome of an ABU as a referee.
Should have been banned from Man United games long ago.
The twat

Fr. Todd Unctious

Why have we got this knob yet again?!
The epitome of an ABU as a referee.
Should have been banned from Man United games long ago.
The twat

Should be banned from reffing in the PL becuase he supports Newcastle. There's no way a ref who supports United would be allowed to ref in the PL espeically if it became known to the media. It's actually taking the p*** and completely unsurprising that after all their years with their made up hysterics about Webb they're quiet as church mice about Oliver

Anustart89

Yes it is? What are you on about
That's it's not unnatural compared to other pens that haven't been called this season on the basis of the arm not being in an unnatural position. It's an entirely expected arm position when defending a cross coming in, arms by the side and a little wide from the body.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Look at Oliver’s positioning. The handball was on the opposite side of McTominay, meaning there is no way he had a good enough view to determine that McTominay’s arm was in an unnatural position. He should have left it to VAR, but he didn’t because he’s a snivelling corrupt cnut.

Matriac

Look at Oliver’s positioning. The handball was on the opposite side of McTominay, meaning there is no way he had a good enough view to determine that McTominay’s arm was in an unnatural position. He should have left it to VAR, but he didn’t because he’s a snivelling corrupt cnut.
Agree that he should have left it to VAR.

(But VAR would have said pen.)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yes it was, he moved his arm into the ball.

I know we've had some bad decisions against us, but this isn't one.
I don’t think the intent was to move his hand towards the ball at all, he knew it was heading towards his arm which was in a perfectly natural position tucked into his side so he instinctively tried to move his arm out of the way and the only way to do that was away from his body. It was the ball hitting his arm which caused 99% of the movement of his arm into an unnatural position though.

arnie_ni

It's a stonewall penalty for me. He lent his body into the ball.

The issue here is so was ours against spurs that wasn't given.

Anustart89

Yes it was, he moved his arm into the ball.

I know we've had some bad decisions against us, but this isn't one.
So did Ward against us, but since he only had five seconds to judge the flight of the ball, seconds he used to turn his back to the ball, before the arm came outwards in a natural fashion everyone agreed that it wasn’t a penalty.

When you’re defending a cross it isn’t natural that your arm stays attached to your body because as you take a step to the side quickly the arm can easily flail outwards. This is literally a natural motion which is expected with the player’s action, (this is terminology used by the refereeing bodies) ie moving his body sideways to defend as a cross comes in.

As such, it’s literally unbelievable how the same referee that has a perfect view of the Romero incident and says it’s not a penalty just a few weeks later sees this incident through a sea of bodies and immediately sees that it’s unnatural without a second’s hesitation.

cj_sparky

Never liked him, his face has annoyed me since we smashed Harry Maguire's Sheffield United in the FA Youth Cup Final in 2011.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
It's not said enough, but with the Newcastle ties and now Saudi, this guy should not be refereeing in the Prem. There is way too much conflict of interest.

Strats

Despise the man. He screams insecurity and constantly wants to be in the centre of attention