Michael Oliver

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Yea how could it be 2 minutes with 10 subs and 5 second have goals? He’s an arse.

OldSchoolManc

Completely set his agenda from the 1st minute.
Anyone that thinks a referee can’t influence a game needs their head checked

Get In Scholesy

Booking both fullbacks on their 2 first challenges in a derby is wild.
Hardly malicious fouls too.

Weren’t referees encouraged to let play go this season as well? Only adds to his ineptitude.

Fitchett

Horrible cnut of a referee who always has an agenda against us. In addition to the valid points already made on this thread, why didn't he give a penalty for dangerously high kicking by Cancelo, when Shaw was challenging the ball in the box?

SER19

Forget about this match. You could just cut and paste comments from every time he refs us- as clear a bias as any ref I've ever seen.

Irrational.

There’s a smugness about him when he refs our games. Always sets out to feck us over. Not that it mattered much in the end but the added time was an absolute joke.

Kaos

I think its absurd to suggest he has an agenda, pretty much every club's fans seem to think there are referees who are specifically gunning for their team. Oliver is just a woeful ref that for some reason has ascended to be considered amongst Europe's elite group of officials.

Red00012

As mentioned he dictated the game by booking Dalot in the 1st minute . It. immediately was panic stations at the back . And Malacia’s yellow was harsh. Feck him . Probably sitting down now having a pink gin with his pinky out and a big smile on his face

Mercurial

This guy is my least favorite referee. Massive tool. Always feels like there's an agenda against us with him.

Devil81

I think the yellow for Dalot was pivotal, it gave City an avenue to attack. It was a bit like when a boxer gets a cut early in a fight, they go into their shell.

Dalot was then getting overrun at will. Without being to cruel I mentally wished he'd be subbed straight after the first goal, it was clear at that point they were targeting him.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Hold on, that tackle by Dalot in the first min or 25th or 75th is a booking all day long

ExecutionerWasp001

It's not.. first tackle in a Derby it's absolutely something the refs let go all the time, but ok if you say so.
Players never get a booking in the first couple of minutes of a big game. I don't think he gave any of their players a card even though they committed worse offences.

This clown makes up his own rules as he goes along though. I'm sure he reffed our game against Chelsea when he booked Herrera for the teams persistent fouling of Hazard. This is a rule in Rugby Union not football.

arthurka

Players never get a booking in the first couple of minutes of a big game. I don't think he gave any of their players a card even though they committed worse offences.

This clown makes up his own rules as he goes along though. I'm sure he reffed our game against Chelsea when he booked Herrera for the teams persistent fouling of Hazard. This is a rule in Rugby Union not football.
You mean 4 fouls by two players. Serial offence indeed.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yea how could it be 2 minutes with 10 subs and 5 second have goals? He’s an arse.
It's an unwritten rule if one team is getting smashed they barely add any time on, loads of occasions it's just 1-2 minutes if one side is 5-6 goals down.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
It's an unwritten rule if one team is getting smashed they barely add any time on, loads of occasions it's just 1-2 minutes if one side is 5-6 goals down.
We were averaging a goal every minute of injury time, so if we got the correct amount of approx 7 minutes, we'd have won that. Referee robbed us.

MUFC OK

Hates us.

Dalot was a harsh early booking, Cancelo challenge was a clear penalty, not convinced the ball stayed in play from KDB, 2 mins added on was just completely wrong too. We should worry whenever refs us.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Hates us.

Dalot was a harsh early booking, Cancelo challenge was a clear penalty, not convinced the ball stayed in play from KDB, 2 mins added on was just completely wrong too. We should worry whenever refs us.
He's a Newcastle fan who would have started watching football in the 90s. Of course he fecking hates us.

They'll presumably stop him reffing a Sunderland game should they ever come back up, but transparently hating United is just fine. Same way Leeds fan Martin Atkinson was allowed to ref our games for years.

MUFC OK

He's a Newcastle fan who would have started watching football in the 90s. Of course he fecking hates us.

They'll presumably stop him reffing a Sunderland game should they ever come back up, but transparently hating United is just fine. Same way Leeds fan Martin Atkinson was allowed to ref our games for years.
Gives out yellows to United players like it's nothing - absolutely no leeway. Remember Di Maria getting 2 in a minute and Herrera the same against Chelsea a few years back.

MUFC OK

Has reffed us 40 times for a record of 15/11/14. Must be our lowest win % for any ref with over say 30 matches by quite some considerable distance.

Spark

His head's still wobbling from that headbutt Hart gave him.

Golden Nugget

There’s only 2 referees ever I felt that had a strong bias against us, and that’s Atkinson and Oliver. Every time they reffed our games I would feel the 50-50 decisions would be against us, or a big decision will go against us.

I felt other refs (Dean and Co.) were just crap in general against both teams; with the exception of I think his name was Steve Bennet, who just hated the young Ronaldo rather than hate United in general.

SER19

The Dalot one is a bookin. The problem is how many times we see that versus us only for it not to be given and the same player get booked later (which should be a red). Even booking fernandes for his irritating moaning, means he should be giving several of them a game to all sides.

You can go through games for years, even ones we've won, and I've never been more sure of a reffing bias. I absolutely hate when he refs us. It's rarely the big calls, its that he can dictate an entire game with bias one way for all the small stuff

ExecutionerWasp001

There’s only 2 referees ever I felt that had a strong bias against us, and that’s Atkinson and Oliver. Every time they reffed our games I would feel the 50-50 decisions would be against us, or a big decision will go against us.
Clattenburg was terrible for us also. He knew making bad decisions in Utd games would get him talked about so he had an agenda going in. The Leicester 5-3 & the first derby at OT between Mourinho & Pep were clear cases of corruption.

There was definite skullduggery in yesterdays officiating all round. You first had the early booking which put us on the back foot immediately. Oliver then refused to stop the play when we had a player lying injured in the D. City then scored a goal from a corner which should have been a goal kick. VAR then gave them 2 goals when 1 was offside & on another the ball had gone out of play. Cancelo also inexplicably avoided a red & the award of a penalty against him for dangerous play.

It's worrying that poor officiating seems to happen more in City games than any others with City being the beneficiaries. This was always going to happen when you allow corrupt states into the game who's sole aim is to buy everything up & close off competition.

Anustart89

I know we like a good moan about referees (me more than most people on here) and in truth, 99% of decisions that we consider wrong can somehow be explained by the ambiguity of the rules.

However, adding two minutes to the end of a half that contained five goals and a bunch of subs is just plain dishonesty and lack of giving a feck. I mean, it obviously wouldn’t change the outcome of the game but for referees to be that disrespectful to the sides trying to contest a game just says how little they care about being honest and impartial, which puts all other decisions under more scrutiny.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Even in games where you don't care who wins he's still an insufferable piece of shit.

PoTMS

It's Michael Oliver's world, were just living in it. You always know when he's refereeing a game.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He really doesn't like Antony. Didn't even give Perisic yellow for that.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
if cps won’t touch him, then why should oliver?