Michael Owen has always been a cringe monster

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Struggling to figure how he could be over 40 but struggling to see how that man is under 50.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I bet Michael Owen turned up and hit a few volleys at him

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Neville Southall is made out of solid gold.

Joel Miller

He’s an absolute buffoon. Between him and McManaman it sometimes feels as though BT have went out of their way to find two of the absolute worst pundits they could find. Owen is an absolute charisma vacuum.

stevoc

He’s an absolute buffoon. Between him and McManaman it sometimes feels as though BT have went out of their way to find two of the absolute worst pundits they could find. Owen is an absolute charisma vacuum.
That's exactly what they do though. The more outrageous the opinions the more clicks and interest they generate. Look at Gabby Agbonlahar on Talksport, I mean somebody would do well to be genuinely that stupid all the time.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Makes no sense at all: Isn't kane still behind Andy Cole in goals scored as we speak? And even if he breaks the record, I can see Haaland covering it if he spends 5 seasons without long term injuries in England.

The chance of wining the UCL at Bayern is actually good, and unless he's an hardcore Spurs loyalist, can't see no reason for him to refuse to play in Bundesliga.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Harry Kane would struggle to find a better advisor on the matter. Michael Owen, who left his boyhood club the season they won the Champions League because he was feeling "too big" for them and then, at the tail end of his career, joined their fiercest rivals on their way to become the best team in the land just to get his hands on that coveted PL winner's medal.

Sylar

It's not that short of a career any more Michael.More and more players are playing into their late 30s/early 40s.
And kane has never relied on pace. I could see him doing a Sheringham type thing where he has a few years at Munich, wins a few titles then returns to spurs to help them back into the premier League

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Makes no sense at all: Isn't kane still behind Andy Cole in goals scored as we speak? And even if he breaks the record, I can see Haaland covering it if he spends 5 seasons without long term injuries in England.

The chance of wining the UCL at Bayern is actually good, and unless he's an hardcore Spurs loyalist, can't see no reason for him to refuse to play in Bundesliga.
Maybe behind Cole if you take pens put. Or a single season total (albeit it when there were more games in the league season).

But he's 2nd to Shearer overall, 47 behind.

Can't see him spending less than 2 years there, probably does 3?
So he's asking a lot to average 16 a season at 33-36.
Not sure how many strikers have done that here.

Red_toad

When is the nonsense going to stop that Alan Shearer holds any kind of record?
Modern fans = 1st Division never existed, nor did football prior to the all encompassing glamourous premier league.
But still good to use against the Dippers and the once in 30 years achievement :lol:

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Modern fans = 1st Division never existed, nor did football prior to the all encompassing glamourous premier league.
But still good to use against the Dippers and the once in 30 years achievement :lol:
Fair

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Disagree. It really upset the scousers and has completely destroyed his legend status with them.
His status was destroyed the minute he left for Real Madrid. What was satisfying though was Istanbul right after he left and watching him never become as great ever again. When think of Owen I see a mercenary and player only associated with England and no club team

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
His status was destroyed the minute he left for Real Madrid. What was satisfying though was Istanbul right after he left and watching him never become as great ever again. When think of Owen I see a mercenary and player only associated with England and no club team
Whether you are willing to admit it or not, his playing for United plays a big part in how you have described him.

Beckham left us to play for Madrid and he’s a United legend. Had he returned to play for Liverpool he would be given the same treatment you give Owen.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Whether you are willing to admit it or not, his playing for United plays a big part in how you have described him.

Beckham left us to play for Madrid and he’s a United legend. Had he returned to play for Liverpool he would be given the same treatment you give Owen.
Thats just not true. If it was anybody else I would say yes but as far as Im concerned he just means nothing. I was more dissapointed that united would stoop that low to go after a former player from Liverpool even if he meant feck all to us. It showed a slight lack of class.