Michael Owen has always been a cringe monster

putzmcgee123

"When we were in training, I used to do a lot of tricks which hardly any players at the club could do. Once I was showing my skills to Owen. After I finished, Owen took an apple core and pointed to a bin which was about 5m from where we were standing. He said, I’m going to hit it in one throw. He threw it and got it in the bin. He asked me to do the same; I threw an apple core about 10 times, but still couldn’t hit it, with that accuracy. He smiled and left." - Cristiano Ronaldo
I cried.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

"I saw Michael Owen at a Mercadona in Madrid one time. I told him how cool it was to that he was a Madrid player, but I didn't want to be a douche and bother him and waste his time or anything.

He said," Oh, like you're doing now?

I was taken aback, and all I could say was" Huh?" but he kept cutting me off and going" huh? huh? huh?" and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen apples in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like "Sir, you need to pay for those first." At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the apples and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually "to prevent any electrical infetterence," and then turned around and winked at me. I don't even think that's a word. After she scanned each apple and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly." - R9
This is up there with Plech's bible post!

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Presumably if he was sat in front of the TV most evenings, he'd have to factor in the likelihood of films being on the tele.

Jokes on you Mrs Owen - he secretly wanted to be sent to his room.

Tyrion

I kinda wish he got into management just to see how badly he'd f**k it up. He's weirdly embarrassing and seems to lack any self awareness.

Oranges038

Anyone else think he's secretly taking the piss and just pretending to be a caricature of himself?