Michael Owen is such a cringeworthy scrote, isn't he?

Mr.Plow

Anyone seen the way Rooney called him out on Twitter today? Good shit.

RedFish

Genuine world class striker in his prime. At least he gave England fans some hope at tournaments. Still can't believe he came to Utd tbh. Doesn't show any affection for us it seem. Mutual feeling I guess.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Genuine world class striker in his prime. At least he gave England fans some hope at tournaments. Still can't believe he came to Utd tbh. Doesn't show any affection for us it seem. Mutual feeling I guess.
Both him and RvP came to get a league title. Yet the difference in RvP's feelings for the club and Owens are night and day.

RedFish

Both him and RvP came to get a league title. Yet the difference in RvP's feelings for the club and Owens are night and day.
Difference is RVP actually won the title for us in his first season whearas Owen scored 5 gpals for us in the league in his time here. Maybe Owen he feels he never contributed. Anyway I never really regarded him as one of our own. I'd say I don't care rather than dislike him, which is probably worse in many ways.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Difference is RVP actually won the title for us in his first season whearas Owen scored 5 gpals for us in the league in his time here. Maybe Owen he feels he never contributed. Anyway I never really regarded him as one of our own. I'd say I don't care rather than dislike him, which is probably worse in many ways.
Owen won loads at Liverpool and was arguably the best striker in world football at one point but he's not even in my top 10 of players that I've loved at Anfield over the years. I was gutted when he left in 2004 but nowhere near as much as when others have gone

RedFish

Owen won loads at Liverpool and was arguably the best striker in world football at one point but he's not even in my top 10 of players that I've loved at Anfield over the years. I was gutted when he left in 2004 but nowhere near as much as when others have gone
Says it all really. Almost feel sorry for him.

GazTheLegend

Says it all really. Almost feel sorry for him.
How can you even almost feel sorry for him.

The guys a grade A end of bells. He's so wildly detached from the common man that his opinions on most subjects are utterly devoid of reality or rationale. His analysis is platitudinous bullshit farmed from the anus of the most wretched bovines, and about as interesting.

Most footballers are such awful people, and he buys into the lifestyle wholesale. Not a scrap of loyalty, doesn't care about selling his dignity to the highest bidder. If he got hit by a bus I'd just tut and move on, he cares feck all for anyone else on the planet - even less, the 'fans' of clubs like ours, and frankly I hope that this is the last I'll ever write about Michael Owen.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Having grown up watching him play his best years at Liverpool he'll always been synonymous with them and if you were to ask him I think he'd probably look back at regret leaving them when he did, he chased the glamour move to Spain and his career basically ended then

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
How can you even almost feel sorry for him.

The guys a grade A end of bells. He's so wildly detached from the common man that his opinions on most subjects are utterly devoid of reality or rationale. His analysis is platitudinous bullshit farmed from the anus of the most wretched bovines, and about as interesting.

Most footballers are such awful people, and he buys into the lifestyle wholesale. Not a scrap of loyalty, doesn't care about selling his dignity to the highest bidder. If he got hit by a bus I'd just tut and move on, he cares feck all for anyone else on the planet - even less, the 'fans' of clubs like ours, and frankly I hope that this is the last I'll ever write about Michael Owen.
:lol: so accurate.

His life, since he was a about 14 has been spent in such a bubble. I actually, genuinely, with no offence intended, wonder if he is somewhere on the autistic spectrum. There's such a literal perception of the world, it's like Partridge at times, claiming head never watched a film before and that he doesn't really understand the concept.

I just struggle to believe that someone like him actually exists.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
I've worked with Autistic kids of varying degrees and regardless of the problems they may have had with social interactions none have had that vapid, uncanny void like demeanour. It's more likely he was born without a frontal lobe.

Y'know, the thing about Owen, he's got lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes.

Ibi Dreams

Owen is definitely the Manc fan, those RAWKers keep mentioning
I didn't catch it myself, but when he was a pundit on the United game against Fenerbahce someone mentioned that he said "us" when referring to United at one point. Pretty funny if true. It seems like neither United nor Liverpool fans like him that much, though he'll always be remembered for that City goal. I sort of enjoy him anyway, he's just such a weirdly boring strange little man that I can't help but find him amusing

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Genuine question.

Did you feel like this when he first left,and why was he so unloved?

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
He left us just as Rafa arrived; didn't even want to give us a chance. I'm glad in a way, looking back, but at the time it felt like he was abandoning us. From his end he probably was fed up with the way Houllier was depending on him, but still...

Needham

This is old, I guess, but I've just seen this.

The resume, that Neville Southhall video, the helicopter tour in Dubai and this. What a smug cnut. :lol:

Can't say I hate him though. He's a mildly unlikeable person, at best.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Genuine question.

Did you feel like this when he first left,and why was he so unloved?
Honestly, yeah I did. Like I said in my post, I was gutted when he left as I struggled to see where we'd get goals from but I wasn't as bothered about losing him as I was when Fowler, Torres, Suarez left and out of those 3, only Suarez was still having an impact up to his final game.
Not sure what it is about Owen but I think you'd be hard pressed to find any Liverpool fans that loved him (even in his prime) to the same extent that they loved the others mentioned

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
I understood his move to Real Madrid tbh.. It was rather sad, because Benitez had just came in, and Owen was a keyplayer for us at the time. He was sold for £8m, way under his value, because he delayed the talks about his contract. But no one turns down Real Madrid, do they??

The real dissapointment came, when he left Real Madrid for Newcastle. He was on the bench at RM with the World Cup '06 coming up. Liverpool wanted him, but wouldn't pay what Newcastle were willing to, £17m, as RM had taken the piss the year before. And with the WC coming up, Owen didn't want to risk being on the bench at RM, waiting for a move back to Liverpool. All he should have done, was to wait half a year, but England was always his first priority.

Regarding his role as an ambassadeur, it is quite embarrasing tbh.. After all that happened, then he went to play for you, ffs.. No wonder he's disliked by fans from all the clubs, he has played for.

Lurpak99

Buttered up
I understood his move to Real Madrid tbh.. It was rather sad, because Benitez had just came in, and Owen was a keyplayer for us at the time. He was sold for £8m, way under his value, because he delayed the talks about his contract. But no one turns down Real Madrid, do they??

The real dissapointment came, when he left Real Madrid for Newcastle. He was on the bench at RM with the World Cup '06 coming up. Liverpool wanted him, but wouldn't pay what Newcastle were willing to, £17m, as RM had taken the piss the year before. And with the WC coming up, Owen didn't want to risk being on the bench at RM, waiting for a move back to Liverpool. All he should have done, was to wait half a year, but England was always his first priority.

Regarding his role as an ambassadeur, it is quite embarrasing tbh.. After all that happened, then he went to play for you, ffs.. No wonder he's disliked by fans from all the clubs, he has played for.
His place for England wasn't really in danger was it? England at the time only had Rooney, the other strikers were Heskey, Crouch, Andrew Johnson and that sort of average dross. Eriksson also had his team completely in place around that time, it was:

Robinson
Neville - Ferdinand - Terry - A. Cole
Beckham - Gerrard - Lampard - J. Cole
Owen - Rooney​

And only injuries could change that.

clarkydaz

I've worked with Autistic kids of varying degrees and regardless of the problems they may have had with social interactions none have had that vapid, uncanny void like demeanour. It's more likely he was born without a frontal lobe.

Y'know, the thing about Owen, he's got lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes.
:lol:

Plus I guess he's never seen the movie Jaws either ;)

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
His place for England wasn't really in danger was it? England at the time only had Rooney, the other strikers were Heskey, Crouch, Andrew Johnson and that sort of average dross. Eriksson also had his team completely in place around that time, it was:

Robinson
Neville - Ferdinand - Terry - A. Cole
Beckham - Gerrard - Lampard - J. Cole
Owen - Rooney​

And only injuries could change that.
Maybe you're right. I don't know though, if he would have played for England, if he hadn't been in the RM team for another year, when he already had spent one year on the bench. RM had just signed Robinho and Baptista at the time. If it wasn't for his place for England, why would he join Newcastle then?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We signed this rubbish because he was saf business partner

Creepy

Account relocated to MaxiPaxi

I want to punch him in the face.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Liverpool ambassador claims Liverpool won the Europa League last season :lol:

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Whereas most football pundits try and be neutral especially towards their own, Owen has a novel approach. He supports everyone.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"Unfortunately, the 3.40 has been delayed due to a horse falling asleep."

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
His Madrid spell deserves a mentioning again:

Unlike his Real compatriot Jonathan Woodgate, Owen made little effort to learn the language and one cameo is especially telling. Someone who knew him well revealed that Owen used to regularly drive from his Madrid hotel to the airport in order to buy English newspapers, never realising that, had he bothered to venture a few yards into the city, he could have bought the Daily Mail et al from numerous downtown kiosks. Such a lack of imagination left him far from suited to the expat life and a return to England the following summer came as no surprise.
"I loved it at Madrid, although there was a bit of a horror story off the pitch. I would definitely advise Gareth and his partner to get a house sorted quickly in Madrid. They have a young child, as my wife and I did when we moved to Madrid. I envisaged immediately having a lovely house, swimming pool, sitting out in the sun, and when I got back from training I would be playing with the two-year-old in the garden. I spoke to Steve McManaman before going out there and Macca loved it in Madrid but he did not have a kid. We did. We were not prepared for a long time in a hotel.
Madrid did plenty to help us, but they put us in a businessmen’s hotel for five months; we had a lovely room, but it was not conducive to playing happy families. Restaurants in Spain do not open until late at night and we could not have our kid staying up to midnight every night. It is just not right when they are two years old. We were putting her down at 7pm, lights off at 7.30, me and my wife would put the one English TV channel on mute while the little one went to sleep.

We would lie there in the pitch black until we dropped off to sleep. It was pretty tough. It was difficult to enjoy. After training, I wanted to go and spend time with the lads, embrace the country. A few times I used to play nine holes of golf with Ronaldo – the Brazilian – and the reserve keeper César Sánchez. I felt really guilty. I knew my wife and daughter would be in the hotel with nothing to do.

AXVnee7

Not sure why Utd fans hate him when it's the LFC fans he's mugging off?