Michael Owen is such a cringeworthy scrote, isn't he?

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
After his goal against City makes it impossible for me to dislike him...nomatter what he does :)

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Great player, don't get me wrong but as a pool fan he never was and never will be in the same bracket as Fowler.

He always came across as a little up himself. Never really bonded with the fans. Then he left for Madrid, (made it worse) then rocked up at Man Utd (would have been less angry if he had stolen my wife)

Then somehow the guys became an ambassador for lfc, its beyond me. A little embarrassing tbh.
:lol: That's rough. Its basically the equivalent of us deciding to give Ince and Gabi Heinze ambassador jobs.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
At 50 seconds while the salesman is revving the car, and Michael Owen just goes 'Yeah' is confusing. Is that his way of conveying excitement?

He's Welsh.
Don't pawn him off on us, he was born in Chester.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He just comes across as too desperate to be liked..
I never get that impression. Seems the opposite to me. He's so up his own smug arse he doesn't really need the approval of anybody else. Michael Owen loves Michael Owen, and Michael Owen knows Michael Owen is the only person who matters so why bother with the rest of us plebs? :lol:

AndyJ1985

He has literally no personality. He's as dull and uninteresting as an overcast day.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I hate that he played for us. Probably my least favourite United player ever.
Think he's my least favourite united player ever as well. Can't stand him.

bio202

Supports
liverpool
At 50 seconds while the salesman is revving the car, and Michael Owen just goes 'Yeah' is confusing. Is that his way of conveying excitement?

Don't pawn him off on us, he was born in Chester.
Think you maybe thinking about Danny Murphy, I maybe wrong.

Thought he was born and still lives in Harwarden. Dated a bird years ago from down that way. Fecking nuts btw :wenger:

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Think you maybe thinking about Danny Murphy, I maybe wrong.

Thought he was born and still lives in Harwarden. Dated a bird years ago from down that way. Fecking nuts btw :wenger:
The version I've heard, is that he and his family lived there, but they made sure he was born in England in Chester which is close by. No one in his family are Welsh and iirc it was important to them that he was English.

And that's because she was from Harwarden, everything north of Powys in Wales is terrible.

bio202

Supports
liverpool
The version I've heard, is that he and his family lived there, but they made sure he was born in England in Chester which is close by. No one in his family are Welsh and iirc it was important to them that he was English.

And that's because she was from Harwarden, everything north of Powys in Wales is terrible.
Ahh OK, that makes sense.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Ahh OK, that makes sense.
I can't actually find anything to verify this, but I've only half-heartedly looked because I'm a lazy bastard, so take it with a massive amount of salt.

Ji_Maria

His goal against City was in my opinion the single most dramatic goal scored by a United player of the last 10 years, easily. Not sure how anybody could forget that game.

As far as him being a Liverpool legend, well he was the last English player to win the Ballon d'or.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Great player, don't get me wrong but as a pool fan he never was and never will be in the same bracket as Fowler.

He always came across as a little up himself. Never really bonded with the fans. Then he left for Madrid, (made it worse) then rocked up at Man Utd (would have been less angry if he had stolen my wife)

Then somehow the guys became an ambassador for lfc, its beyond me. A little embarrassing tbh.
The strangest thing for me was when he was doing his commentary work after retiring, he tended to actually come across as more pro-Utd than he did pro-Liverpool. Nothing major and I couldn't point to anything in particular, but just a general 'feel' that I often got.

And then Liverpool made him an ambassador. :lol:

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
If there is a god/some divine force I have failed to recognise and appease, and as such I am doomed to the ultimate suffering in an afterlife, I'm pretty sure it will take the form of an eternity stuck in a lift with Michael Owen.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
If there is a god/some divine force I have failed to recognise and appease, and as such I am doomed to the ultimate suffering in an afterlife, I'm pretty sure it will take the form of an eternity stuck in a lift with Michael Owen.
And owen hargreaves just for good measure.

Shady

He has annoyed me ever since he was on our bench and didn't celebrate when we scored some important goal. The whole bench went mental, and he just sat there.

Mr.Plow

I used to idealise him growing up (I used to watch England and didn't get into club football until I was 10).

I honestly had no idea he was such a boring cnut.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Won't stop criticising Rooney for not taking a penalty tonight.

Wanker.

cyberman

Makes no sense.
Rooney isnt a starter while pogba and martial need the pic me up going into sunday.
Clown

Rockets Redglare

I like how he said the first one was probably just about a foul. It was absolutely blatant and as clear cut a penalty as you'll see.

Biased scouse cnut.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I haven't seen it, but as a world class striker as Owen was once upon a time, sure he recognises the value in being incredibly selfish. It's a positive in strikers
You need to see it really.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I really want to like him but he made it extra difficult tonight. Wouldn't shut up whining about Rooney being a centre forward. Fits his self centred attitude though.

On the contrary, really liked Hargreaves' comments tonight.

Acole9

Outstanding
Owen almost seems to be embarrassed about his time playing for us now despite winning the Premier League. He's doing everything now to get back in with the scouse.

Sylar

I dont know any Liverpool fans that actually like him. Few embarrassed hes an ambassador for them too.

Shady

What a pointless thing to talk about for 4 minutes.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Owen almost seems to be embarrassed about his time playing for us now despite winning the Premier League. He's doing everything now to get back in with the scouse.
I wonder what tune he'd be singing if we'd offered him an ambassador role instead of Liverpool (imagine that - Michael Owen being considered level with our current ambassadors :lol:).

Given that we were I think the only one of his old clubs not to boo him when he later played against them, he's probably determined to be hated by all of his former clubs :lol:

criticalanalysis

Apart from the 'Rooney is still good' stuff both Owens are not saying anything wrong though imo.

Owen is saying his p.o.v totally as striker and his ego/confidence. Think about it, even after all his transfer (leaving Liverpool, becoming token Englishman at Madrid, becoming the 'saviour' at Newcastle, moving to Utd, not to mention his international career) and injuries, you never got the impression he was mentally weak. That's his game. He was saying 'as a striker you have to got to demand your authority as a goal scorer'.

Hargreaves is equally right about the whole team narrative. Team comes first and Rooney is not really in a position of form/confidence or stature to command being the main man anymore.

beergod

Can't believe no one has mentioned that brochure from when his Newcastle contract was expiring, that was truly cringeworthy.