Mike Dean

padr81

Supports
Man City
I'll just be all smug knowing how correct I was now.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'll just be all smug knowing how correct I was now.
:lol:

To be fair, there was nothing for him to call, Neves reacted 3 minutes too late and it was VAR that had a decision to make.

padr81

Supports
Man City
:lol:

To be fair, there was nothing for him to call, Neves reacted 3 minutes too late and it was VAR that had a decision to make.
Thats exactly the kinda goal a ref would have blown last season, as long as its consistent all is good. Wolves have nothing to complain about but it clear you guys came out and gave it back to them 2nd half and got stuck in the way they were which was my point. Top teams are gonna have to get stuck in and not the trips and pushes like tactical fouls but fully committed man and ball challenges. Its actually what swung the game in your favor, they stopped dominating when you started tackling back with the same intensity. The fact the entire game is under 15 or so fouls is incredible but its the new rules. Saw Dortmund get kicked to bits a couple of days ago too.

GMoore23

Every time I look at Dean, I see a man who made sure he got himself a job with authority as he has none in real life.

Nick7

Shockingly inconsistent performance from him. Hard tackles were left off, but players flinging themselves into the air after being breathed on were given as fouls.

At least we had a bit of balls and got stuck in in the second half if he was letting them go.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Shockingly inconsistent performance from him. Hard tackles were left off, but players flinging themselves into the air after being breathed on were given as fouls.

At least we had a bit of balls and got stuck in in the second half if he was letting them go.
Its stupid but its the new rules, as long as it looks like you were going for the ball you can kick the shit outta someone, they only pull what looks like trips and shoves now.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Dean has done it again!
Don't forget the clear penalty he refused to award when James took out the Wolves player at the by-line.

No doubt the replies will be that's never a penalty yet it was 100% a penalty when Cavani got a far softer one against Roma in April.

E-mal

He is a shite ref and we benefited from it.
However the ABU's will alll be up in arms forgetting how Southampton scored last week.

Nick7

Its stupid but its the new rules, as long as it looks like you were going for the ball you can kick the shit outta someone, they only pull what looks like trips and shoves now.
That didn’t really bother me to be honest. It was the soft ones where an arm on the shoulder suddenly sends a player two foot into the air that did. I can’t get on board with an arm on the shoulder being a foul, but kicking at someone isn’t. I’ve watched many well referee’d games in the PL this season and I’m fairly happy with them so far, I just thought today what was and wasn’t a free kick was incredibly confusing.

We took advantage of that in the second half and started giving it back to them though.

padr81

Supports
Man City
That didn’t really bother me to be honest. It was the soft ones where an arm on the shoulder suddenly sends a player two foot into the air that did. I can’t get on board with an arm on the shoulder being a foul, but kicking at someone isn’t. I’ve watched many well referee’d games in the PL this season and I’m fairly happy with them so far, I just thought today what was and wasn’t a free kick was incredibly confusing.

We took advantage of that in the second half and started giving it back to them though.
Yeah those ones are still frees because its deemed a pull and people still throw themselves into the air to sell it, I guess its seen as more deliberate than a kick. Don't get me wrong, I think the rules are silly and suits shit house teams but my argument was Mike Deans interpretation of them today was fine. for me we need the top teams to adapt and well start kicking back.

Fluctuation0161

Of course Bluemoon and Rawk are delusional for this but not you guys and you've just scored off exactly the type of tackle, you couldn't make it up. Literally you've won the ball 3 times off Wolves in the last few minutes with hard tackles and scored from one. It was a legit goal for you that wouldn't have stood last season. Is Mike Dean cheating in United favor last 10 minutes? I can answer for you.. no he's not.
Every ref has inherent bias. Is it cheating, no, does it impact the game, yes.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
He's better than Anthony Taylor.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Actually did us a favour today.

Teribble ref mind.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What minute is he gonna done and feck us up?

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Any numbers on whether Mike Dean goes to look at the VAR monitor more than other refs? Seems likely with him loving the attention and all.

Yet again he's desperate to be the star of the show.

Jacob

Quickly reminded why Mike Dean is my least favourite PL ref. Such a softy and loves a card.

Fitchett

Corrupt refereeing again. How the f*ck is Attwell on VAR again? Sees nothing wrong with Middlesbrough's "goal" on Friday, but penalises a perfectly good goal from Varane by sending Dean to the monitor.

SuperiorXI

I didn't think refereeing and VAR could get worse, then along came this match. Absolutely diabolical series of errors.

Had Maguire caught the ball by accident and rolled it by accident to Varane to tap in, it must be given under the new rules post-Middlesbrough, no?

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Even when he arguably gets a controversial decision right, I hate the look on his smug face. How much longer must we tolerate this prick?

90 + 5min

Expected. Nothing new. My trust in referees is zero. Have been for years and years. Something is not right.