Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
He’s a genuinely weird bloke. Complete charisma vacuum. Can’t imagine him being remotely inspirational as a leader.

So. Arsenal. Two points clear of United after we sacked our manager due to an awful start to the season. One point clear of Spurs, who also sacked their manager after an awful start to the season.

So fecking weird to see how Arsenal’s similarly awful start to the season hasn’t created the same urgency for a new manager that we saw at United and Spurs. I know they have low expectations but Arteta has spent a lot of money.

I just watched his post match interview and like you said he seems so flat always. You couldn’t figure out if his team was good or bad based on his words or expressions

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Such a dogshit manager. Hope he stays there for another 10 years.

AshRK

He’s a genuinely weird bloke. Complete charisma vacuum. Can’t imagine him being remotely inspirational as a leader.

So. Arsenal. Two points clear of United after we sacked our manager due to an awful start to the season. One point clear of Spurs, who also sacked their manager after an awful start to the season.

So fecking weird to see how Arsenal’s similarly awful start to the season hasn’t created the same urgency for a new manager that we saw at United and Spurs. I know they have low expectations but Arteta has spent a lot of money.
He is doing a poor job, just that his fanboys don't want to admit it. Today was a game between two teams who look so disjointed. At least for United we have taken some positive steps but some Arsenal fans have weird notion that he is doing some good job. Spent 150 plus million and still look no better in a season where Spurs, United and Leicester all have their own issues.

Fridge chutney

I don't think he's as bad as you are all making out.

He has a young squad and they are better than they have been.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I feel like him throwing his hands around on the touchline, being animated is all just a show. Kind of like him trying his best to copy the likes of Pep and Tuchel but in a pointless way since his team is still crap.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
His celebrations are always over the top against Utd. A rubbish goal and he celebrates like Arsenal just won a trophy.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I feel like him throwing his hands around on the touchline, being animated is all just a show. Kind of like him trying his best to copy the likes of Pep and Tuchel but in a pointless way since his team is still crap.
Looking hipster seems like the way forward to look like a "progressive" manager. Can't understand how a big Club like Arsenal would put up with him.

InfiniteBoredom

They are a defensive team that can play well in spurts of 15-20 minutes once or twice a game. Against team of inferior quality that is often good enough to win but the moment they come up against sterner tests, that defense starts leaking goals due to individual errors and the attack is rendered impotent.

Good thing they have going for them is their squad is still top 6-8 quality, and benefits from no midweek football. Bad thing is without monumental feck ups from fellow competitors, it’s hard to see how they squeak in top 4 playing that way. There’s no real progressive identity to that side, despite all the media wankfest.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't think he's as bad as you are all making out.

He has a young squad and they are better than they have been.
I mean, he's finished 8th twice playing boring rubbish football so of course they are better than that now. That one FA cup win aside, he's been really poor for Arsenal. This season though they should be expecting much more from him given the spending, us dropping a few levels and the fact that they need their manager to show some quality. Till now I think he's hidden behind the 'project' but I think it's high time Arsenal had expectations from him. Tbf some of their new signings do look good so maybe there are some positive signs, but till now I've not been impressed at all by his work.

Teja

I keep thinking he's some sort of tactician but whenever I watch them play it's pretty basic stuff.

Has he been with them 3 years now? Teams like Watford and Leicester press better than them. For someone who has worked with Pep, if you can't even build up play from the back and press as a unit, what's the point?

He's even got his fancypants ball playing GK, CBs, a bunch of small technical players, everything.

RedCurry

He has all the tactics and coaching of Pep but none of his major trophies. Personality matters when you are leading mega millionaire footballers.

GlasgowCeltic

He's got a way of turning full sentences into one long word, don't know how else to describe it

ColvaleGoa

The commentator on my stream was drooling on about how animated he is on touchline that is so reminiscent of Pep. How he is passing on instructions just like Pep from the touchline.

You guys are talking shite!!!!!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
You're all being harsh on him, he's doing a great job and Arsenal should give him a new 10 year deal tomorrow

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
The commentator on my stream was drooling on about how animated he is on touchline that is so reminiscent of Pep. How he is passing on instructions just like Pep from the touchline.

You guys are talking shite!!!!!
Animated on the touchline? Passing on instructions? If that's the standard I am sure you can find thousands of sunday league coaches who do that. :lol:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
This!!

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I knew if we were to lose last night the knee jerkers would be out & we'd get slaughtered. From the posts I've had a quick scan through, the below seems the most fair.

They are a defensive team that can play well in spurts of 15-20 minutes once or twice a game. Against team of inferior quality that is often good enough to win but the moment they come up against sterner tests, that defense starts leaking goals due to individual errors and the attack is rendered impotent.

Good thing they have going for them is their squad is still top 6-8 quality, and benefits from no midweek football. Bad thing is without monumental feck ups from fellow competitors, it’s hard to see how they squeak in top 4 playing that way. There’s no real progressive identity to that side, despite all the media wankfest.
No-one ever thought we would get top 4 at the beginning of the season, as we know we are not top 4 quality yet. Most right minded Arsenal fans realise this, & haven't claimed any different. The only reason we have even entered the conversation is because of how poor Utd have been, not how good we are. Again, we realise this, it's not new.

As for last night's game, I thought it was a tight game, decided by a silly penalty, but it showed the good & bad of Arsenal all captured in a 90 minute package.

We started of well, pressed ok, kept the ball ok, and then got the goal (least said about that the better). Then after going ahead we have this horrible habit of retreating & defending the lead, & that puts us on the back foot.

More problems, we still suffer from individual mistakes, we still don't create enough going forward, when we need to rely on our experienced players like Partey & Aubameyang they tend to let us down, dwe only play in spells still.

Main positive for me was Martinelli, if he gets a run & can find form he can be like a new signing. Apart from that, last night's game was same old Arsenal, it didn't teach me anything new. You are simply not going to be a top team when the team contains some average players.

TheReligion

Abusive
It's odd that a overtly fascist Italian has a better moral compass than Arteta and the entire playing and coaching staff..

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Arsenal beat Watford 1-0 earlier this season, thanks to a goal scored when they should’ve returned the ball after Watford kicked it out due to an injured player.

Tonight the same player (Smith Rowe) saw De Gea down so took the opportunity to volley into an open goal. No suggestion of unsporting play or of giving a goal back to United.

They are a dirty and unsporting team, and that’s one of the biggest things that annoys me, with Artetas “golden boy” image and how they seem to be treated as the saviours of modern football right now.
Agree with this. They've become an unsporting team because theyve become so shit they'll take a goal by any means necessary.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I love how we're being lectured on how to be sporting by the fanbase that used to chant about our manager being a paedophile.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
He has all the tactics and coaching of Pep but none of his major trophies. Personality matters when you are leading mega millionaire footballers.
I honestly have no idea how anyone who looks at his team, and whose perception isn't irrationally dominated by the fact he coached under Pep for a season or two, would come to think that he has "all the tactics and coaching of Pep". His Arsenal play nothing like a Pep team. Nothing at all. Would be much more accurate to claim "he has all the tactics and coaching of David Moyes but none of the goggly eyes"

Cloud7

Yesterday was the first time I’ve actually watched Arsenal in forever. They looked better than the previous time, but I still can’t see them ever being properly threatening under him and I hope he stays there for the next decade.

InfiniteBoredom

I love how we're being lectured on how to be sporting by the fanbase that used to chant about our manager being a paedophile.
Yours just chucked coin into the disabled section and injured a kid.

There are always a few idiots in a fanbase, it's irrelevant to the point being raised.

OverratedOpinion

Your team scored a goal where you knew the keeper was on the floor hurt and then celebrated like you had won the world cup then went on to lose to a side that did not have a manager. It is embarrassing, just one of those moments where you have to swallow it I am afraid.

Anustart89

I love how you're equating sportsmanship which is something that exists between the players on the pitch, and the chants of fans in the stands.

"No wonder they scored that goal without a regret seeing as their fans make kids in the disabled section have to leave their first game at OT early due to getting a coin in the head." Or the connection isn't at strong there maybe?

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Yesterday was the first time I’ve actually watched Arsenal in forever. They looked better than the previous time, but I still can’t see them ever being properly threatening under him and I hope he stays there for the next decade.
He might stay a long time, he seems to be very good at selling his fantasy. It's the "wait until our stadium is paid" story all over again. Edu and Arteta somehow convinced everyone that spending a ton of money on young players gives him the right to underperform for the foreseeable future. I can't wait to see him gone.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Your team scored a goal where you knew the keeper was on the floor hurt and then celebrated like you had won the world cup then went on to lose to a side that did not have a manager. It is embarrassing, just one of those moments where you have to swallow it I am afraid.
I don't know why you have to lie about something that is on video :confused:
Once DeGea is down, not one player apart from Fred is looking in his direction. El Neny, ESR and all United players are looking up in the sky to see where the ball will land.
When Fred start raising his hand and shouting the ball is travelling from El Neny's head to Smith-Rowe.2s later the ball is already in the net.
Was it a weird goal ? Yes. Did Atkinson feck up ? Absolutely, he clearly has De Gea in his field of view when your defense clear the ball. But please stop making stuff up as if we controlled the ball, dribbled, crossed it and then scored. Everything happened in 3s.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I don't know why you have to lie about something that is on video :confused:
Once DeGea is down, not one player apart from Fred is looking in his direction. El Neny, ESR and all United players are looking up in the sky to see where the ball will land.
When Fred start raising his hand and shouting the ball is travelling from El Neny's head to Smith-Rowe.2s later the ball is already in the net.
Was it a weird goal ? Yes. Did Atkinson feck up ? Absolutely, he clearly has De Gea in his field of view when your defense clear the ball. But please stop making stuff up as if we controlled the ball, dribbled, crossed it and then scored. Everything happened in 3s.
I think the Arsenal players still sees that de Gea was on the floor rolling round like he’d been shot as the ball went past him, he clearly would have saved that wet shot if he was stood on 2 feet.

that’s how I read what you responded to anyway, you seen the goalkeeper was lying there injured as the ball went in. Still celebrated like you’d win a cup