Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

Cloud7

:lol:
Two weeks while they were on an international break and then beat the second to last team in the league 1-0 to move up from last themselves :lol:

Arteta honestly seems like a parody. It’s difficult for me to believe that he is real, and is really saying these things.

Giggsy13

They've actually spent a fair bit the last few years, the problem is that they've mostly spent that on rubbish. Pretty far away from the Wenger days when they constantly would buy talented youngsters and turn them into world class players
They’ve bought players nobody else wanted. 10 to 15 years ago, they’d have the pull to get a player like Grealish instead they’ve overpaid for players like Pepe and White.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
They’ve bought players nobody else wanted. 10 to 15 years ago, they’d have the pull to get a player like Grealish instead they’ve overpaid for players like Pepe and White.
When did Arsenal ever make a Grealish type signing? Our best players were players discarded by other clubs no-one really wanted.

OleBoiii

What did he do during those 10-15 days? Did he bring the players who weren't on international duty to a rigorous training camp in the mountains or something? I can't wait for the Hollywood movie.

Giggsy13

When did Arsenal ever make a Grealish type signing? Our best players were players discarded by other clubs no-one really wanted.
My point is that there used to be a pull with Arsenal that’s no longer there. You were able to sign Sanchez and Ozil in their prime. Granted Barca and Madrid got rid, but they were clubs in the prime of their domination, so taking one of their outcasts was better than let say for example, signing Fellaini.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nasri was well sought after, no? Was hyped up a lot before you guys got him. But maybe doesn’t fit in the one of your best players criteria.

anant

" Arsenal have a long way to go but Arteta’s new system might help them get there "

The Athletic have published this today on the back of them beating Norwich City 1-0

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
" Arsenal have a long way to go but Arteta’s new system might help them get there "

The Athletic have published this today on the back of them beating Norwich City 1-0
1 goal in 4 games. Away to Burnely next. I'll open a special moments bottle of whisky if they lose that one. Love to see Arsenal struggle

Tony247

What did he do during those 10-15 days? Did he bring the players who weren't on international duty to a rigorous training camp in the mountains or something? I can't wait for the Hollywood movie.
"Arteta rediscovered himself"
I hope all or nothing will have this footage too.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
My point is that there used to be a pull with Arsenal that’s no longer there. You were able to sign Sanchez and Ozil in their prime. Granted Barca and Madrid got rid, but they were clubs in the prime of their domination, so taking one of their outcasts was better than let say for example, signing Fellaini.
It depends what you class as a pull. We'd never be able to get a Sancho or a Varane just now for instance if you guys were interested in them. However, by all accounts Maddison would have been up for joining us this summer if we had paid Leicester's demands. 12 months ago we signed Partey from Atlético Madrid, but again we were the only side seemingly in for him.

We've very rarely been at the front of the queue for top players. Its usually a fairly opportune move. Ozil was worked on for a while in secret because Madrid wanted the money to sign Bale. We signed Sanchez ahead of Liverpool because he wanted London. Aubameyang was desperate to get out of Dortmund in the end, even this summer we had to wait until it was clear Odegaard wouldn't be first choice for Madrid.

I guess what I'm saying, is that we're still a big club, that a lot of good players would happily join. But yeah, not sure we would be ahead of a good few teams if it came to an actual straight choice, hence why we never really get drawn into those type of deals.

AshRK

The guy has the best PR. Even Sir alex didn't get this much leeway.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Being Spanish, working with Pep, teaching his players positional play and winning an FA Cup in his first half a season as a manager in his own right and have done wonders for how he's perceived.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
It depends what you class as a pull. We'd never be able to get a Sancho or a Varane just now for instance if you guys were interested in them. However, by all accounts Maddison would have been up for joining us this summer if we had paid Leicester's demands. 12 months ago we signed Partey from Atlético Madrid, but again we were the only side seemingly in for him.

We've very rarely been at the front of the queue for top players. Its usually a fairly opportune move. Ozil was worked on for a while in secret because Madrid wanted the money to sign Bale. We signed Sanchez ahead of Liverpool because he wanted London. Aubameyang was desperate to get out of Dortmund in the end, even this summer we had to wait until it was clear Odegaard wouldn't be first choice for Madrid.

I guess what I'm saying, is that we're still a big club, that a lot of good players would happily join. But yeah, not sure we would be ahead of a good few teams if it came to an actual straight choice, hence why we never really get drawn into those type of deals.

I think Arsenal needs to re-evaluate their scouting system and transfer policy. I'd see them as a huge French connection club in the Premier League and snapping all these tier 1-2 talents to the club (Mbappe, Camavinga etc) and developing them. And maybe win something, too. Nowadays Arsenal has no vibe. It's just another club.

Chelsea has Roman and ruthlessness, Liverpool has Klopp and wins in CL, City has Pep and insane squad depth, United has Ronaldo, SAF and the hunger.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Roachdale up next. Nice confidence builder until they travel to Leicester and get their asses handed to them. Looking for that breakdown twitch in Artetas eyelid when Vardy makes it 5-0

AshRK

I will again say thw football his side plays is just not sustainable. On many occasions Burnley were just dominating Arsenal. Imagine being dominated by a Sean dyche side. If you just wanted to play like relegation fodders Arsenal board could have hired Big Sam , maybe Big Sam would have even done a better job than Arteta considering his experience.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Why does athletic like to suck him off so much

Is it some sort of elaborate trolling attempt to give arsenal fans hope that he's going to make it?

Last edited:

Lay

Is it some sort of elaborate trolling attempt to give arsenal fans that he's going to make it?
I’ve wondered that too. Seems to get a lot of praise for the bare minimum

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Roachdale up next. Nice confidence builder until they travel to Leicester and get their asses handed to them. Looking for that breakdown twitch in Artetas eyelid when Vardy makes it 5-0
You on the sauce early?

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
It’s wimbledon up next followed by Tottenham

Edit.
Think you have Burnley’s fixtures mixed up with ours.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I will again say thw football his side plays is just not sustainable. On many occasions Burnley were just dominating Arsenal. Imagine being dominated by a Sean dyche side. If you just wanted to play like relegation fodders Arsenal board could have hired Big Sam , maybe Big Sam would have even done a better job than Arteta considering his experience.
Think with a new defence & goalkeeper after the start we've had the players are understandably a bit nervous & wanting to keep it tight. It was frustrating to watch from our point of view as we had a good few times we had got into good positions but just seemed timid & slow in decision making or not putting the correct weight on the pass.

Big game next week at home to Spurs let's see how we perform in that 1. Still a long way to go.

Cloud7

Is it some sort of elaborate trolling attempt to give arsenal fans that he's going to make it?
When I see these sorts of inexplicable things I do wonder if some of the journalists are being paid under the table to write a manager in a good light.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
When I see these sorts of inexplicable things I do wonder if some of the journalists are being paid under the table to write a manager in a good light.
There was news that the previous Barcelona prez had hired a pr firm to give him a good rep in the press
Would be rather hilarious if managers did the same

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Is it some sort of elaborate trolling attempt to give arsenal fans hope that he's going to make it?
He’s Pep’s apprentice. He’s got the modern day, handsome, well dressed vibe about him that the stat wanker twitter journalists love. He’s probably read Inverting the Pyramid four times over. With sticky notes on key pages.

You can see the polar opposite with Ole and his “lack of tactics” and his end-in-y nicknames which infuriates wankers such as Jonathan Wilson and the like.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Arsenal pouring money into a ministry of propaganda :wenger:

“He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Mikel Arteta.”