Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

crossy1686

career ending
Some nonsense on this thread. Need £1 Billion worth of investment.....light years behind Leicester etc. Its funny as Leicester didn't need £1 Billion worth of investment to compete, & Arsenal with an absolute disaster of a first part of a season finished 5 points behind this fantastic Leicester team.

They need a good window, targeting the right players & that gives them attributes they lack, not necessarily the most expensive players. They also need a good manager to get the best out the players, that may or may not be Arteta, we'll see next season.
Leicester recruit smart. They find these players early on and sign them up, meanwhile, Arsenal sacked their whole scouting department and decided to have super agents bring them washed up players in their mid 30's. At the moment, you only play for Arsenal twice in your career. Once on the way up to a better team, and once on the way down to China, and Arsenal are only targeting one section of those players while Leicester are targeting the others.

Where are these players who Arsenal need to sign? Who are they? More of Pepe? Solid investment at £80m, those goals against relegated WBA were worth the fee alone.

These players Arsenal need are already signing for other clubs and Arsenal don't even have a scouting department anymore, so good luck with that. Meanwhile, half the team is on the way out and there's no talk of anyone decent coming in to replace them. It doesn't matter who the manager is at this point.

Oranges038

I understand Arsenal don't have a squad to win the title or even challenge for it but their squad is also not that bad to be 8th-10th. A better manager would do a better job even with this squad. It's a difficult job but not an impossible one.
Wenger was doing just that and the fans turned on him and they eventually got what they wanted, even though he was the one keeping them higher up the table. No sympathy for them at all, they didn't realise how good they had it with him.

They need a serious clearout and a reset because they have an awful squad full or mediocre players.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
They keep spending ridiculous money on attackers when they’ve had so many holes to fill defensively for the last 10 years. They can sign Haaland and Mbappé but would struggle even then.

And when they finally spend money on defenders it’s Tierney and Luiz. Not exactly top 4 material. It’s avarage players all over that back 4 and midfield.

I can’t understand it. So many promising CB’s and DM’s in Europe in the £30-50 mill region but they rather sign Pepe and Partey for £100m+. Shocking.
They signed Saliba for 30mil and didn't even bother giving him a chance in cup matches :lol:

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Arsenal are not as bad as people make out. AFTV has made them an easy target and when they lose a big deal is made of it and when they win it goes unnoticed because it's no fun.

They sit joint 2nd with United and Chelsea for points won since the turn of the year (5 more than Liverpool who came strong) and they were deep in the Europa too.

An important summer for them as to whether they can add a couple that will push them really into top 4 contention or whether they get left behind slightly.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
We see war chest stuff like this all the time, & often the reality is different. Up here it was going to take Rangers £75M - £100M to topple Celtic up in Scotland, & in the end they beat them, in 1 game with a midfield that cost £50k.

Did Leicester & West Ham have to spend £500M to spend a lot of the season in top 4? I'm not talking about the title, as Man City have the best manager in the world with the most money & that combination will be a nightmare for all clubs to topple, but the top 4 certainly isn't insurmountable like you suggest.
If normal business resumes next season then there's 4 teams way ahead of you regardless of their transfers and Arsenal will have to spend big just to catch up. We're about 3 signings away from pushing City throughout the season unless they sign Kane or Haaland. Liverpool can afford to lose a few players and will still be comfortably better than you. Chelsea even if they don't spend a penny have a far stronger squad than yourselves and its going to take investment just to catch up with Leicester.

It's true Leicester haven't spent £500m to place themselves in the top 5 the last few seasons but they've been far better in the transfer market than almost any club in world football so I don't think it's a good metric to compare them with yourselves. In the last 5 seasons Arsenal have spent more than Leicester in the market and you're still falling behind. Looking at money spent on transfers I see Arsenal have spent almost £450m on transfers the last 5 seasons and look where you still are so maybe £500m isn't such an exaggeration after all.

For what it's worth Everton have spent over £500m in the same time frame and do you think they're going to break into the top 4 anytime soon?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Arsenal are not as bad as people make out. AFTV has made them an easy target and when they lose a big deal is made of it and when they win it goes unnoticed because it's no fun.

They sit joint 2nd with United and Chelsea for points won since the turn of the year (5 more than Liverpool who came strong) and they were deep in the Europa too.

An important summer for them as to whether they can add a couple that will push them really into top 4 contention or whether they get left behind slightly.
It's been like that since Wenger was in charge when they were finishing seasons on a high run of a form and then their fans were all giddy hoping this form would continue into next season and they'd be challenging for the title with a few good signings.

edit: 2012-13 season since January they were 2nd on the table
2014-15 season since January they were 1st on the table

Last edited:

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
It's been like that since Wenger was in charge when they were finishing seasons on a high run of a form and then their fans were all giddy hoping this form would continue into next season and they'd be challenging for the title with a few good signings.
Yeah I know but they reasonably pass the eye test for me. Plus I think they have a decent record against the top 6 teams this season and the rest is usually the easier to improve.

Saliba, Saka, Smith-Rowe, Nelson and Martinelli is a really decent core of youth that could develop together.

Their defensive record is good, 3rd best in the league. Young too Bellerin and Holding are only 25, Tierney and Gabriel 23.

In serious need of a couple of central midfielders i would say and a Lacazette replacement if he is off.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Leicester have a balanced team while WHU fluked it this season next season they probably won't even make top8. You spent 175mil€ net spend last 2 seasons and you were most of the time just barely making top 10
After 5 matchdays - 6th
After 10 matchdays - 14th
After 20 matchdays - 10th
After 30 matchdays - 10th

edit:
compared to last season Good Ebening/LegoTeta
After 5 matchdays - 7th
After 10 matchdays - 5th
After 20 matchdays - 12th
After 30 matchdays - 10th
I don't think West Ham fluked it, they fully deserved to be where they were. And yes, Leicester have a balanced squad, that didn't cost them £500M to assemble since Rodgers took charge.

So, with some good signings, some good management, a bit of luck, top 4 isn't that far away. That's my point. Whether we can do that, or Arteta is a good enough coach, remains to be seen, but it's just plucking numbers from thin air that they need to spend half a billion quid to do it.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Think the returning Willock, Saliba and one other addition(Buendia/Odegaard) along with the reduced workload should see Arsenal challenge for top four at least. I mean we might have made the top four this season if Arteta didn't decide to prioritise the EL. A title challenge will require 500m, a top four challenge will require 50m.

Teja

Agree with this.

Think Arteta will do better next year if they stick. The first half of the season was all chopping + changing - the Ozil drama, the 5-3-2 to 4-2-3-1 switch, dropping senior members of the squad due to what in Arteta's mind were disciplinary issues, Partey got injured a bunch etc. etc.

Even without any new signings I think they'll be around 5th - 6th next season. I don't think they'll finish top four regardless of what they do because City / Pool / Chelsea / United all have more quality.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Agree with this.

Think Arteta will do better next year if they stick. The first half of the season was all chopping + changing - the Ozil drama, the 5-3-2 to 4-2-3-1 switch, dropping senior members of the squad due to what in Arteta's mind were disciplinary issues, Partey got injured a bunch etc. etc.

Even without any new signings I think they'll be around 5th - 6th next season. I don't think they'll finish top four regardless of what they do because City / Pool / Chelsea / United all have more quality.
You’re saying that Arteta had a difficult first half of the season because he was unable to work out the best formation or tactics, keep senior players on his side or cope with one of his players getting injured.

Aren’t those all absolutely basic challenges for any football manager?

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Leicester recruit smart. They find these players early on and sign them up, meanwhile, Arsenal sacked their whole scouting department and decided to have super agents bring them washed up players in their mid 30's. At the moment, you only play for Arsenal twice in your career. Once on the way up to a better team, and once on the way down to China, and Arsenal are only targeting one section of those players while Leicester are targeting the others.

Where are these players who Arsenal need to sign? Who are they? More of Pepe? Solid investment at £80m, those goals against relegated WBA were worth the fee alone.

These players Arsenal need are already signing for other clubs and Arsenal don't even have a scouting department anymore, so good luck with that. Meanwhile, half the team is on the way out and there's no talk of anyone decent coming in to replace them. It doesn't matter who the manager is at this point.
If normal business resumes next season then there's 4 teams way ahead of you regardless of their transfers and Arsenal will have to spend big just to catch up. We're about 3 signings away from pushing City throughout the season unless they sign Kane or Haaland. Liverpool can afford to lose a few players and will still be comfortably better than you. Chelsea even if they don't spend a penny have a far stronger squad than yourselves and its going to take investment just to catch up with Leicester.

It's true Leicester haven't spent £500m to place themselves in the top 5 the last few seasons but they've been far better in the transfer market than almost any club in world football so I don't think it's a good metric to compare them with yourselves. In the last 5 seasons Arsenal have spent more than Leicester in the market and you're still falling behind. Looking at money spent on transfers I see Arsenal have spent almost £450m on transfers the last 5 seasons and look where you still are so maybe £500m isn't such an exaggeration after all.

For what it's worth Everton have spent over £500m in the same time frame and do you think they're going to break into the top 4 anytime soon?
We talk about normal business, but what is normal business? Every year there's a traditional big club or 2 that struggles for a variety of reasons, injuries, loss of form, players coming to the end of their cycle, coaches changing etc.

As for Arsenal, there's a number of players out there that can improve them. The bar isn't that high that the likes of Ceballos & Willian can't be improved upon. Players like Bissouma & Buendia seem to be on their radar, you don't need to have a worldwide scouting department to know these are very decent players. And the talk about them relying on agents is over exaggerated, Kia wasn't Partey's or Gabriel's agent last summer.

So again, I'm not saying Arsenal will defo be in or challenge for top 4 next season. I'm just saying putting a figure like that on it doesn't work. Sometimes it just takes 1 or 2 transfers to click something in the team, like it did with Utd & Bruno, or it has with West Ham with Soucek & Lingaard.

JSArsenal

They keep spending ridiculous money on attackers when they’ve had so many holes to fill defensively for the last 10 years. They can sign Haaland and Mbappé but would struggle even then.

And when they finally spend money on defenders it’s Tierney and Luiz. Not exactly top 4 material. It’s avarage players all over that back 4 and midfield.

I can’t understand it. So many promising CB’s and DM’s in Europe in the £30-50 mill region but they rather sign Pepe and Partey for £100m+. Shocking.
To be fair, I think Arsenal have the 3rd best defensive record in the league. I'm not sure if we've been good or if everyone else has been shit:lol:

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Think the returning Willock, Saliba and one other addition(Buendia/Odegaard) along with the reduced workload should see Arsenal challenge for top four at least. I mean we might have made the top four this season if Arteta didn't decide to prioritise the EL. A title challenge will require 500m, a top four challenge will require 50m.
I don't think you realise just how far away from this seasons top 4 Arsenal really are. Player for player it's not even close and out of the 4 of them it wouldn't surprise me if each club spent £100m+

Arsenal spending 50m won't even catch you up to Leicester and would probably mean being caught up by so called smaller clubs.

Redfrog

Your team is nowhere near good enough compared to City, United, Liverpool, Chelsea. It’s only hopeful thinking I am afraid…
You’ll need a better manager as well.

We, United fans complain about awful management of the club by the owners and lack of investment to succeed but I think your owner is much worse, which is quite something, and I don’t see a way up. Sure, I am not saying you won’t finish higher or top 4 but the future seems very grim.
It’s really sad to see a club like Arsenal needing some loans from Madrid to complete their squad when small clubs like City have two teams…

LoneStar

I just came here to pay my respect to the person who came up with the thread title. Had me laughing out loud in the middle of the night here. Well done sir.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal

Nothing can be done about Pepe's fee, there was shady things going on and we'll probably never know the full extent of it unless the PL opens a real investigation. Meanwhile even though these goals were against WBA, he still has scored more than Havertz, Werner and Ziyech combined. The fact that the rest of the Chelsea squad managed to carry this triplet waste of money should not be used to attack Pepe imo.

There is talk of players coming in, you just choose to ignore it to bash away. The Leicester exemple is getting tedious, yes they won a PL that will remain a shock event even in 30 years.
Stop acting like Leicester isnt also a stepping stone club. You think Tielemans, Maddison, Castagne and Fofana will still be there in 2/3 years ? Who else would you take from them ?
They are well coached, play their certain way and hope 34y old Vardy in on a good one. Curious to see who the great Brendan Rodgers will find to replace him.

We don't need a billion investment, as i said earlier i'd be shocked if we spent more than 100M this summer. If we had Europe and 250M, i'd be confident that we'd challenge for Top 4, even under Arteta who i think is too limited long term.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
We talk about normal business, but what is normal business? Every year there's a traditional big club or 2 that struggles for a variety of reasons, injuries, loss of form, players coming to the end of their cycle, coaches changing etc.

As for Arsenal, there's a number of players out there that can improve them. The bar isn't that high that the likes of Ceballos & Willian can't be improved upon. Players like Bissouma & Buendia seem to be on their radar, you don't need to have a worldwide scouting department to know these are very decent players. And the talk about them relying on agents is over exaggerated, Kia wasn't Partey's or Gabriel's agent last summer.

So again, I'm not saying Arsenal will defo be in or challenge for top 4 next season. I'm just saying putting a figure like that on it doesn't work. Sometimes it just takes 1 or 2 transfers to click something in the team, like it did with Utd & Bruno, or it has with West Ham with Soucek & Lingaard.
When I say normal business I mean a season not disrupted like the last one or us and City having a disadvantage at the start of the season due to no preseason or Liverpool not losing their best defender for nearly the whole season although tbf that could happen to any team.

Maybe I'm being unfair on Arsenal but I just look at your squad and I really don't feel that it's good enough to even think about making top 4 next season. The table doesn't lie and it's just hard to see how you're going to improve enough to take out one of the 4 in this seasons CL spots. City are definitely going to spend to cover the Aguero loss so either Kane or Haaland could quite possibly go there and the other one could possibly go to any of the other 3 with Chelsea maybe favourites. Maybe it's a pipe dream thinking one of the 2 could come to United but one thing is certain is neither are going to Arsenal.

Good luck finding another Bruno. Never in my life have I seen a player come in and have such an impact and I don't expect to see another one soon. A lingard at WH is quite easy to find but it just isn't sustainable. You just have to look at teams like SU, Southampton and Wolves to see WH will go the same way.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm shocked Arteta ever gets any praise tbh. Being linked to Pep has given him a shield from all reason. He's a garbage manager with a stubborn insistence on his style.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
They signed Saliba for 30mil and didn't even bother giving him a chance in cup matches :lol:
Why is that? A very Arsenal thing to do:rolleyes:
Most of their fans seems to think they deserved more this season and that Arteta should be backed. Just shows how far they have fallen.

Teja

You’re saying that Arteta had a difficult first half of the season because he was unable to work out the best formation or tactics, keep senior players on his side or cope with one of his players getting injured.

Aren’t those all absolutely basic challenges for any football manager?
Things take time though right? The tactics bit aside, we don't really know what's happening behind closed doors. Maybe Arteta is a bit of a jerk (lots of disciplinarian types around in football mgmt) or maybe the players are idiots? He's found something that works eventually.

Think he did enough to not get sacked but the excuses are done, they really should have a strong start to next season or he's a goner.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
When I say normal business I mean a season not disrupted like the last one or us and City having a disadvantage at the start of the season due to no preseason or Liverpool not losing their best defender for nearly the whole season although tbf that could happen to any team.

Maybe I'm being unfair on Arsenal but I just look at your squad and I really don't feel that it's good enough to even think about making top 4 next season. The table doesn't lie and it's just hard to see how you're going to improve enough to take out one of the 4 in this seasons CL spots. City are definitely going to spend to cover the Aguero loss so either Kane or Haaland could quite possibly go there and the other one could possibly go to any of the other 3 with Chelsea maybe favourites. Maybe it's a pipe dream thinking one of the 2 could come to United but one thing is certain is neither are going to Arsenal.

Good luck finding another Bruno. Never in my life have I seen a player come in and have such an impact and I don't expect to see another one soon. A lingard at WH is quite easy to find but it just isn't sustainable. You just have to look at teams like SU, Southampton and Wolves to see WH will go the same way.
Listen, I don't blame you for thinking this way, you have very good reason to, you see the 8th place finish, you see the semi final defeat against Villarreal, you're quite right to come to that conclusion.

I have confirmation bias, I can fully hold my hands up to that. I'm looking at the form since Xmas, the young guys like Saka & Smith-Rowe being a year older & more settled, the potential return of a couple of young players that did really well in their loan spells, the potential to improve the team in a couple of key positions, & think there's potential to improve on the league in comparison to this year. At the end of the day, as a supporter you just hope & need to believe next year will be better than last, otherwise it would be pretty miserable being a supporter.
I suppose we can debate this for days but we won't know for sure until next season.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Arsenal to get top four by spending £50m to add to the squad? The only team in the PL that can spend £50m and guarantee top four is Man City. Looking at your team £50m will get you 7th place next season. You need to spend big to even think about getting close to the top four.

Willock, Saliba, Odeegard and even Buendia are not going to help you reach that level. You need a whole new back line as well. If given time maybe Arteta can turn it around but not with those players you mentioned. Clocks ticking.

Raredaredevil

They sacked Emery when they were on a winless run of 7 games back in 29 December 2019 when they were lying in 8th and they've ended up as 8th for twice in a row and what makes it even funnier is they got knocked out of the Europa League by him, a competition they prioritized. Arsenal FC is just a joke these days.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal to get top four by spending £50m to add to the squad? The only team in the PL that can spend £50m and guarantee top four is Man City. Looking at your team £50m will get you 7th place next season. You need to spend big to even think about getting close to the top four.

Willock, Saliba, Odeegard and even Buendia are not going to help you reach that level. You need a whole new back line as well. If given time maybe Arteta can turn it around but not with those players you mentioned. Clocks ticking.
Why when you have the 3rd best goals against record would you need a full new back line?

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Why when you have the 3rd best goals against record would you need a full new back line?
Third best goals against record? Have a day off lad. Your defence is miles off the pace and apart from Tierney, not one of them would get into a top 4 team let alone top 6. I probably wouldn’t even go near Tierney with his injury record. Your defence is a joke.

Patchbeard

To be fair to Arteta, if the league started in GW15 they would've finished 2nd. 47 points from the last 24 games, easily top 4 form. Up until GW15 they had 14 points from 14 games, potentially relegation form, which led to Big Sam teasing that they were relegation rivals when he took over.

So since that terrible start to the season they have actually been pretty good. We had a similar improvement (but without such a shite start) under Ole last season, so they should probably stick with him for the time being rather than twisting again. See how they get on at the start of next season with any Ozil/Europa League distractions.

(I don't really rate him personally, and was surprised by the above stats about how they are the 2nd best team in the league since GW15, but seems a pretty good reason to give him more time from an Arsenal perspective)

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
Third best goals against record? Have a day off lad. Your defence is miles off the pace and apart from Tierney, not one of them would get into a top 4 team let alone top 6. I probably wouldn’t even go near Tierney with his injury record. Your defence is a joke.
How can the third best defence be “miles off the pace” and “a joke”? The fact that we’ve conceded so few goals with our first choice left back missing so many games weakens your point, rather than strengthening it.

Arsenal have a lot of problems* - but having a weak defence isn’t one of them.

*Including, but not limited to:
Absent owners
Inexperienced manager
Unbalanced midfield
Questionable agent influence
Over-reliance on young players
Willian

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Didn't you barely create any chances? Maybe that's why your defensive record is so good

edit: https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/clubs/big_chance_created?se=363 12th in the big chances created
That could be a reason. However, for the first 14 games we only scored 12 goals & conceded 18, the next 24 games we scored 43 goals & only conceded 21, suggesting we got a good balance.

It's almost like not conceding goals is a bit more complicated than just throwing together good players, who'd have thought it?

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
How can the third best defence be “miles off the pace” and “a joke”? The fact that we’ve conceded so few goals with our first choice left back missing so many games weakens your point, rather than strengthening it.

Arsenal have a lot of problems* - but having a weak defence isn’t one of them.

*Including, but not limited to:
Absent owners
Inexperienced manager
Unbalanced midfield
Questionable agent influence
Over-reliance on young players
Willian
You keep telling yourself that. From what I have seen you have serious problems at the back. No leaders, mistakes in every player and of course you finished 8th. You have players like David Luiz, Holding and Gabriel. Cedric? Mari? I’m cringing even reading the names out that you can have any confidence in those players amaze me.
You have a team full of dross. A team that is not good enough to compete. A manager that looks completely out of his depth and then you have players like Aubamayang who’s taking home crazy money only to be playing like Eboue. My Arsenal friends are miserable right now and all I hear from them is how poor this side is. Then you have fans like you who just seem to think you’re a great team that should be finishing higher. No mate your team is full of crap and I am loving every minute of it.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I'm shocked Arteta ever gets any praise tbh. Being linked to Pep has given him a shield from all reason. He's a garbage manager with a stubborn insistence on his style.
He's genuinely one of the most negative managers in the whole league.

gorky_utd

Arsenal will improve next season. Think they will finish top 6 provided they remain mostly injury free. They are over reliant on kids who are probably not consistent enough for a top 4 challenge.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
To be fair to Arteta, if the league started in GW15 they would've finished 2nd. 47 points from the last 24 games, easily top 4 form. Up until GW15 they had 14 points from 14 games, potentially relegation form, which led to Big Sam teasing that they were relegation rivals when he took over.

So since that terrible start to the season they have actually been pretty good. We had a similar improvement (but without such a shite start) under Ole last season, so they should probably stick with him for the time being rather than twisting again. See how they get on at the start of next season with any Ozil/Europa League distractions.

(I don't really rate him personally, and was surprised by the above stats about how they are the 2nd best team in the league since GW15, but seems a pretty good reason to give him more time from an Arsenal perspective)
Football has been terrible, don't be fooled by results. When it mattered Arteta massively underperformed. His brand of football is just plain awful. Saka and Smith-Rowe are the only good things from this season.
Arteta's man management is just bad : alienated Pepe for no reason, overplaying Saka, not trusting Martinelli, not using Saliba at all, the failed Willian experiment, not dropping Bellerin, he made a ton of mistakes this season.
Our only hope is that somehow Arteta can improve as a manager, but it's just blind hope at this point.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
You keep telling yourself that. From what I have seen you have serious problems at the back. No leaders, mistakes in every player and of course you finished 8th. You have players like David Luiz, Holding and Gabriel. Cedric? Mari? I’m cringing even reading the names out that you can have any confidence in those players amaze me.
You have a team full of dross. A team that is not good enough to compete. A manager that looks completely out of his depth and then you have players like Aubamayang who’s taking home crazy money only to be playing like Eboue. My Arsenal friends are miserable right now and all I hear from them is how poor this side is. Then you have fans like you who just seem to think you’re a great team that should be finishing higher. No mate your team is full of crap and I am loving every minute of it.
Wow, that's some leap from the post that you quoted, & what most Arsenal fans have said, to you claiming we are saying they are a great team. The guy actually listed a bunch of problems, & just stated that having the defence with the 3rd least goal conceded would be near the bottom of a list of problems, & your take from that is that we are saying we are a great team in a false position? You don't know that things aren't black & white, & that there is a very big middle ground between shite & great?!

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Tbf most stats depend on context. This one is quite similar to what we had under LVG in the 2nd season.

If you don't attack, most teams will happily sit back and take the 1 point against a side like Utd/Arsenal/any other big 6 side. And that's exactly what is happening here. Everyone knows that going forward you are too robotic/rigid and if they can just keep it tight, they will more often than not end up with a CS.

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
Given how average the league has been these last couple of seasons. We would easily of finished top three with better management.

But to be honest we deserve this current predicament at Arsenal. When supporters decide to hastily hound out a top coach like Wenger without any contingency; there will inevitably be consequences.

Schnappo

Given how average the league has been these last couple of seasons. We would easily of finished top three with better management.

But to be honest we deserve this current predicament at Arsenal. When supporters decide to hastily hound out a top coach like Wenger without any contingency; there will inevitably be consequences.
:confused:

I don't see it. Ahead of who?