Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
This was a free hit, so is next week against City. These aren't the games he will be judged by. Bottom of the table clash against Norwich in GW4 will be the pressure game. Can't afford to lose those kinds of home games against your rivals if you want to reach 40 points.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
He will secure the 8th spot again this season. That's some sort of achievement.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I reckon the North London Derby is the big one for him, win that and it will give him some time but if he loses that he is gone

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Line in the sand is 5 games. Honestly, seems fair. If he fails the next manager has plenty of season to work with.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Line in the sand is 5 games. Honestly, seems fair. If he fails the next manager has plenty of season to work with.

Sounds about right. League games after City are Norwich (H), Burnley (A), Spurs (H). The likes of Partey, Gabriel, Auba, Laca, Odegaard should all be fit by then. Actually, can't imagine the atmosphere if the lose to Norwich at home, he might only get 3 games.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Love the way journos come out with meaningless shit like that, to give the illusion of inside knowledge.

“…or he will be in a fight to save his job”

He’s already in a fight to save his job. What changes after the next 5 games? Note he didn’t say Arteta will be sacked if he loses the next 5 games. Because that would constitute an actual prediction, as opposed to vague guesses that any of the rest of us could make.

SuperiorXI

I think he'll go. They need to get someone in to steady the ship, who that is I don't know. Maybe they should of kept Emery, he'd of spent the money better.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I repeatedly said he should have gone for bullseye two signings directly upgraded starting 11 instead of squad fillers.

May be arsenal had to spend 10-20 mn extra because no european competition but direct upgrades will most likely able to win them most points against midtable lower table opponents and get them closer to top 4.

Without europe you don't need squad big to compete for one front.

I don't know what they will achieve with current signings and spent almost 130 mn.

Jezpeza

Don’t know why Edu is getting a free ride as dof.

Ramsdale for £30m, really? Backup left back Tavares. Prospect cm Lokonga when you are sending guendozi and torreira out of the club.

Selling Willock who tore up the second half of the season and signing Odegaard who got 1 goal and 2 assists in that time.

£55m in english tax for a centre back who cant defend from a team that finishes bottom 6 every season.

i cant see how any of these transfers take them forward. They have lined up with chambers, mari, holding, soares in the team so far this season. Xhaka still there because when he had 2 acceptable games at the Euros he somehow wasnt shit anymore.

Auba and Lacazzete dont seem interested anymore.

that squad is really poor and the money hasn't improved the sub standard first 11 in my opinion. They are also squeezing out academy talent like Maitland Niles and Nelson and Willock who will run through walls for the team in favour of mediocre crap like Soares and has beens like Willian.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Hang on a minute, there's another international break in October ? What's that all about.
Yup and there's one in November too. After the November international break, there isn't until February/March 2022.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Would Ten Hag take the job?
He might, but not in mid-season. He might have come in summer (before he extended at Ajax), he might come next summer.

But in between, I don't think so, he's got a job to do after all.That's why it's so idiotic to go into the season with a manager which noone really trusts and who's a couple of bad results from being sacked. A whole season just thrown away. It's downright depressing how poorly run Arsenal are at the moment.

Kaos

Where would Arteta go after Arsenal (assuming he's sacked this season)? He's led Arsenal to consecutive 8th place finishes while playing drab football. Would the fact he was taking out the training cones for Pep be enough to carry him to another job at a decent side?

NewYorkRed

How they haven’t sacked him and got Conte in this summer really is beyond me. Someone from the front office needs to be fired along with the manager.

Mike Smalling

Where would Arteta go after Arsenal (assuming he's sacked this season)? He's led Arsenal to consecutive 8th place finishes while playing drab football. Would the fact he was taking out the training cones for Pep be enough to carry him to another job at a decent side?
Perhaps a midtable job in La Liga?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
It's hard to say. The Real Sociedad B job is already taken by a far superior rookie manager.

R'hllor

Imagine thinking that Conte would tolarate fecking cnut Kroenke more than one transfer window.

AshRK

Conte is a top coach but him to Arsenal would be a bad move for all the parties. Of course he will do a better job than Arteta most will do but I don't think this is the right match.

crossy1686

career ending
They're going to have to hope Veira does miracles this season with Palace, or Henry wants to come back to England because they're about the only option they've got left if they sack Arteta.

Or maybe Lundberg fancies another bash?

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Love the way journos come out with meaningless shit like that, to give the illusion of inside knowledge.

“…or he will be in a fight to save his job”

He’s already in a fight to save his job. What changes after the next 5 games? Note he didn’t say Arteta will be sacked if he loses the next 5 games. Because that would constitute an actual prediction, as opposed to vague guesses that any of the rest of us could make.
Haha, too true. It's the equivalent of "preparing a bid" which I love because it always sounds like someone is laboriously wrapping the bid in fancy paper to be sent by royal mail. Either a bid has been made or not, yet journalists love the "preparing" part to use it for weeks because it's impossible to verify.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I think a very simple, general rule of thumb should be that a top club should never continue with a manager whose work is causing the club to have to play the League Cup 2nd round.