Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Maybe what he wanted to express here is more along the lines of "we have to play like we believe we are the biggest club in England"?

izec

Deluded, perfect fit then

Even if he only said it to get the fans on board and inject some positivity, this is too much bollocks though.

meamth

12:45
Arteta: Arsenal are biggest club in England
New Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta believes he’s taken over “the biggest football club in England” in a statement that will shock Manchester United supporters.
That moniker has traditionally been applied to either United or Liverpool in English football, but Arteta made the claim ahead of his first home match in charge of the Gunners, speaking to Sky Sports:
Oh wow..

The level of disillusionment, trying to win the fans.

At what point in football history Arsenal is the biggest club in England? :lol:

Canagel

Of course he doesn't believe that. He's using it to build the confidence of the team.

prateik

New Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta believes he’s taken over “the biggest football club in England” in a statement that will shock Manchester United supporters.
That moniker has traditionally been applied to either United or Liverpool in English football, but Arteta made the claim ahead of his first home match in charge of the Gunners, speaking to Sky Sports:
Wow..
Even Arsenal fans wont fall for that..

Biggest in london.. yeah.. maybe.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
Listening to Arteta talk he is very impressive. Also seeing him telling laca no flicks was funny

Lentwood

Arsenal have been brilliant against Chelsea - just in time to play us which is typical!

They’ve been good in every department, defended well, recovered the ball well, good shape, worked hard.

Obvious limitation at the moment is the quality of the players!

Lentwood

Arsenal have been brilliant against Chelsea - just in time to play us which is typical!

They’ve been good in every department, defended well, recovered the ball well, good shape, worked hard.

Timed this well....second Chelsea goal just gone it!

Hopefully that will affect morale for when we play them because they have still been much improved, individual errors aside

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You can be the fanciest Dan there is, you can’t legislate for dreadful players.
That entire back line needs replacing. It’s a big task.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Hopefully he's about to tell Mustafi you'll never play for me again. I can't believe we haven't got a kid who can do better than that cowardly shitstain on this club.

meamth

They really did throw it away.

Should've settled for that one goal instead of forcing themselves to score another.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
:lol:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Let's hope we don't give him his first win on Wednesday. If we have Pogba back in and the front 3 are on their games we should cause them all sorts of problems. They won't be able to live with our pace.

Feed Me

I'm hungry

I thought they were shit

granted I only watched the second half

thought Chelsea turned the screw and were good value for the win

Classical Mechanic

I thought they were shit

granted I only watched the second half

thought Chelsea turned the screw and were good value for the win
They controlled the game in the first half but worked really hard. Despite dominating the ball in reality they created next to nothing and scored from a set piece. They were terrible in the second half.

Jacko21

Someone should tell Arteta that it’s not enough to just dress like Pep.

Joking aside, they looked good first half.

Classical Mechanic

He was unlucky today, can't legislate for Leno doing what he did. For the first 30 they were battering us.
They weren't though, they dominated the ball but what did they create. There was the set piece and 1 half chance that Laca messed up. They only had 7 shots in the whole game and they were at home!

Guy Incognito

They controlled the game in the first half but worked really hard. Despite dominating the ball in reality they created next to nothing and scored from a set piece. They were terrible in the second half.
Expected given their energy levels, aren't use to high intensity. But the fact that Arteta has come in and Arsenal have probably produced their two standout performances of the season (from hearing the radio reports) bodes well.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Will be disappointed if United don’t turn Arsenal over on Wednesday based on what I’ve seen this afternoon

we will have to weather an initial storm though

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Need two CBs and and a proper midfielder in January. Chances of finding somebody and having the cash for it are pretty slim.

prateik

He was unlucky today, can't legislate for Leno doing what he did. For the first 30 they were battering us.
Is that how we do it though? Because if it is, Ole should be worshipped by everyone here.. We would probably be 2nd if we hadnt fecked up so many times..