Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Well his assistants are Albert Stuivenberg (former LVG's right hand at United) Steve Round (former David Moyes assistant),Carlos Cuesta (worked at Juventus) and Miguel Molina (worked at Atletico Madrid).. so not exactly some ultra ATTACKING minded staff there..

roseguy64

That was a utterly ludicrous call. I wonder who would have had to miss out in their squad list to make room for Ozil.
Alves Soares, Cedric Ricardo
Aubameyang, Pierre-Emerick
Bellerin, Hector*
Borges Da Silva, Willian
Ceballos Fernandez, Daniel
Chambers, Calum*
Dos Santos Magalhaes, Gabriel
Elneny, Mohamed Naser Elsayed
Holding, Robert Samuel*
Kolasinac, Sead
Lacazette, Alexandre
Leno, Bernd
Macey, Matthew Ryan*
Maitland-Niles, Ainsley*
Mari Villar, Pablo
Moreira Marinho, David Luiz
Mustafi, Shkodran
Partey, Thomas Teye
Pepe, Nicolas
Runarsson, Runar Alex
Tierney, Kieran
Xhaka, Granit

That's their squad. Would guess one of the GKs.

Josep Dowling

What is with the media love in with him? Hargreaves just said he’s doing a good job. Arsenal have the same points as us with a game in hand, yet Ole is put under constant pressure.

Under Wenger top 4 wasn’t good enough. Since then Arsenal have been on a downwards trajectory, yet the media perception on what they achieve is completely different.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Alves Soares, Cedric Ricardo
Aubameyang, Pierre-Emerick
Bellerin, Hector*
Borges Da Silva, Willian
Ceballos Fernandez, Daniel
Chambers, Calum*
Dos Santos Magalhaes, Gabriel
Elneny, Mohamed Naser Elsayed
Holding, Robert Samuel*
Kolasinac, Sead
Lacazette, Alexandre
Leno, Bernd
Macey, Matthew Ryan*
Maitland-Niles, Ainsley*
Mari Villar, Pablo
Moreira Marinho, David Luiz
Mustafi, Shkodran
Partey, Thomas Teye
Pepe, Nicolas
Runarsson, Runar Alex
Tierney, Kieran
Xhaka, Granit

That's their squad. Would guess one of the GKs.
That's 22 players. Ozil was left out of whatever their 25 man Premier League squad was.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That's 22 players. Ozil was left out of whatever their 25 man Premier League squad was.
I'm assuming the players marked with * are HG players. Considering they had just 5 HG players, they could have registered just 22 then

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
What is with the media love in with him? Hargreaves just said he’s doing a good job. Arsenal have the same points as us with a game in hand, yet Ole is put under constant pressure.

Under Wenger top 4 wasn’t good enough. Since then Arsenal have been on a downwards trajectory, yet the media perception on what they achieve is completely different.
Well maybe because Ole´s been here for much longer and they have way worse team? being at a different (earlier) stage of rebuild) as well. Looking at the fixtures, they also had a little easier draw then us. On top of that, there is alway much higher expectations for Manchester fecking United than Arsenal. The amount of success we´ve had also generates much hate and jealousy towards us and generaly journalists love underdogs.

I actaully think that both managers should be higher in the table but Ole´s been here for third season, he really shouldn´t have that many excuses with such squad..

AshRK

Watching them against Molde and my biggest complain re arteta is they are boring as feck. People saying they don't have creative players well you don't need worldclass attackers to dominate Molde. They are just too passive and that comes with the manager. They are not even that good in possession.

Pep's Suit

Watching them against Molde and my biggest complain re arteta is they are boring as feck. People saying they don't have creative players well you don't need worldclass attackers to dominate Molde. They are just too passive and that comes with the manager. They are not even that good in possession.
I agree. Arsenal fans always say that if Arteta had creative players they'd be playing attacking football but there's no proof for that. It's like claiming that any manager who overperformed with limited budget would automatically challenge for the title if he had world-class players and £100m to spend. But you can make mistakes in the market and world-class players have world-class ego.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
This is the worst Arsenal have looked as a club since I started watching football. Not really Arteta's fault but I don't see anything promising in terms of style of play when Arsenal play.

Paul_Scholes18

And he's 'criminally underrated'.
I would not say that. Just people think he is crap since he was crap for us.
He is a good midtable manager though as he showed with Everton.

No idea what Arteta is doing at the moment. Not enough agression in them.
I thought they had that more last season under him.

RashyForPM

1) If it’s really a lack of creative players causing Arsenal’s lack of creativity, then Arteta is either an idiot for not registering Ozil for the proclaimed “footballing reasons” or a spineless idiot for not standing up to the board if it was indeed over politics. Why can’t he improve Pepe as well? I’m not Ole’s biggest fan as a manager but people are already ridiculously accusing him of ruining Donny because he isn’t playing much, while Arteta gets a free pass over Pepe despite having him for a longer time. Still boils down to him.

2) I don’t buy that argument. Arteta can get this team to play much better football after one year in charge than he is currently doing. Sean Dyche and Moyes play similar defensive football, but out of necessity. I just don’t rate him as a manager. Even if he was such a good man-manager and motivator as made out to be under Pep at City, Arteta leaves a lot to be desired tactically.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Wolves looking far the better side, the debate Keane and Cahill had when Arsenal beat us a few weeks ago still makes me laugh!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surely he's going to be under massive pressure if they don't turn this around and then lose meekly at Spurs next weekend?

Brighton might be above them if that happens and they win their game and they were barely above the relegation zone two games ago.

Cloud7

Initially I thought he had some promise, making Arsenal look more solid and giving them some sort of platform to build upon, but there hasn't been any building really, if anything they look like they're regressing, and he doesn't look flush with ideas as to what to do.

Cloud7

Surely he's going to be under massive pressure if they don't turn this around and then lose meekly at Spurs next weekend?

Brighton might be above them if that happens and they win their game and they were barely above the relegation zone two games ago.
Jose and Spurs will be well up for this. In terms of a pairing that would love nothing more than to make a bad situation worse for Arsenal, it's hard to look past Spurs and Mourinho.

Guy Incognito

They won't improve on their finish last season.

That midfield with Xhaka is woeful. More to the point they've got no attacking threat and they don't have it in them to thrash teams or outscore opponents like they used to.

If Arteta gets the boot not sure who'll they can get in to fix that mess. Poch maybe?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
They don't even look solid anymore which was the one thing we thought he had started to sort out, and the reason a lot of people were giving him a pass for completely sacrificing being a threat up front.

InfiniteBoredom

Jose and Spurs will be well up for this. In terms of a pairing that would love nothing more than to make a bad situation worse for Arsenal, it's hard to look past Spurs and Mourinho.
So they weren’t up for it today against the Chavs?

Arteta will go even more negative next game with the excuse of hosting league leaders, and Mourinho will play his usual counter attacking plan. It will be the mother of all borefests.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They won't improve on their finish last season.

That midfield with Xhaka is woeful. More to the point they've got no attacking threat and they don't have it in them to thrash teams or outscore opponents like they used to.

If Arteta gets the boot not sure who'll they can get in to fix that mess. Poch maybe?
They weren't convincing under Emery either in general performance but I always remember early on in his reign they had 8-9 match winning striker and Aubameyang and Lacazette were taking it in turns to score the winner so that sort of style was better for the forwards than what they're doing now.

Auba had peak ending to last season but the FA cup final looks the high point of his career at Arsenal now and Lacazette just an expensive impact sub and coming up to 30 now so will be difficult to shift.

saivet

I think Spurs will go for it against Arsenal and beat them in a similar way they beat us. Wolves aren't usually that adventurous but they know Arsenal are there for the taking.

Arteta's football has been pretty dull since he came in. Some promise but I think he's too negative. Arsenal's squad isn't great but he's not pulling up any trees.

Guy Incognito

They don't even look solid anymore which was the one thing we thought he had started to sort out, and the reason a lot of people were giving him a pass for completely sacrificing being a threat up front.
It goes back to the midfield. A functional attacking side like Wolves can cut through Xhaka and the other one.

It was United's luck that they faced neither. :(

lysglimt

Scout
But in fairness - you look at this Arsenal-side ... and compare them to the 4-5 best teams...they are nowhere near it.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
To be fair, apart from Partey which he’s not playing. You won’t take any of their players.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Arteta was lauded as the next big thing. I can honestly say that he would be my last choice from all the managers in the league. I hope he gets his karma for the Ozil thing. Maybe I am wrong but my instincts say I hate him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'll be honest I thought they were on the up under Arteta but no same old Arsenal

SwedishFish

Arteta surely sacked if they lose to Spurs next week.

How the feck did we lose to this dreadful side. Aubameyang has gone up in smoke since he got a new deal.