Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Declared a genius far too soon. They're on the same amount of points as Mourinho's shite United team now. And he didn't even give a feck in the last 3 games.

crossy1686

career ending
Won't last the season.
Second this.

He'll probably get the sack this season. This summer's business stinks of the Ed Woodward school of transfers, same as Chelsea with Bohely. I don't think they have an actual plan for the players they've signed other than 'they'll work it out' and signed them only because they were available.

I think the funniest thing overall is that he truly believes he can win the league this season and actually thought he would last season. He's out of touch with reality.

AFC NimbleThumb

No excuses this season Arsenal fans.

Pre season friendly so means nothing but I’m not having this guy in his 5th season being given similar expectations as EtH in his 2nd.

Jezpeza

No excuses this season Arsenal fans.

Pre season friendly so means nothing but I’m not having this guy in his 5th season being given similar expectations as EtH in his 2nd.
the blokes had 5 seasons and nigh on £600 million pounds to spend. Why do I already feel like they could finish europa league and they will call it ‘an ongoing project’ and ‘success’

AshRK

the blokes had 5 seasons and nigh on £600 million pounds to spend. Why do I already feel like they could finish europa league and they will call it ‘an ongoing project’ and ‘success’
His PR will make sure he gets the protection and more lame excuses will be made.

AFC NimbleThumb

Exactly.

You can see it already, people are hyping us up after 1 year under EtH & multiple hang overs from the previous regime, I don’t remember anyone raising expectations for Arsenal when they had Auba, Pepe & Ozil hanging round. . .

Edwards6

They're in phase 3 of the rebuild apparently

Edwards6

How do you spend £170m on the midfield and make it worse?
If they keep Partey and play Rice as an 8 it might work but it's gonna be so funny if he sticks with the Havertz experiment

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
They're in phase 3 of the rebuild apparently
I think everyone is expecting trophies this season, or at least being very competitive. And yes according to Arteta/Edu we are a bit ahead of schedule. Last season's main goal was top 4, but went much better. There's no doubt objective this season is the title and go deep in CL.

If we don't achieve either of those I'm not sure the Kroenkes will sack Arteta. They've backed him so hard and I think they'll still have some patience for him. As long as we at least stay in top 4.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
How do you spend £170m on the midfield and make it worse?
If they keep Partey and play Rice as an 8 it might work but it's gonna be so funny if he sticks with the Havertz experiment
It looks like Partey will stay now and Arteta's comments before the game indicate he will play Rice and Partey together this season. He is experimenting obviously, and so far Havertz doesn't look a good fit in midfield. People's initial worries when we heard about this signing are looking spot on right now. Arteta is going to have to work some real magic to make Havertz work as LCM.

wr8_utd

:'(
Hate the guy as much as anyone else on here but the overreaction to a pre-season loss is a bit much. Unless he spectacularly fails to finish in the Top 4, he'll be absolutely fine.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Hate the guy as much as anyone else on here but the overreaction to a pre-season loss is a bit much. Unless he spectacularly fails to finish in the Top 4, he'll be absolutely fine.
Agree. People predicting he'll be sacked this season based on this game is a bit funny.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Agree. People predicting he'll be sacked this season based on this game is a bit funny.
It's not a bit funny, it's hilarious and if it happens it'll be everything that's wrong with top level football in England

Edwards6

It looks like Partey will stay now and Arteta's comments before the game indicate he will play Rice and Partey together this season. He is experimenting obviously, and so far Havertz doesn't look a good fit in midfield. People's initial worries when we heard about this signing are looking spot on right now. Arteta is going to have to work some real magic to make Havertz work as LCM.
If Havertz is anymore than an expensive bench warmer I'll be surprised

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
If Havertz is anymore than an expensive bench warmer I'll be surprised
I agree it's looking like that ATM, though with CL to contend with there will be plenty of playing time for everyone. Looks like we still have to find a proper replacement for Xhaka though.

Howl

Second this.

He'll probably get the sack this season. This summer's business stinks of the Ed Woodward school of transfers, same as Chelsea with Bohely. I don't think they have an actual plan for the players they've signed other than 'they'll work it out' and signed them only because they were available.

I think the funniest thing overall is that he truly believes he can win the league this season and actually thought he would last season. He's out of touch with reality.
It's weird because I thought their transfer strategy since Edu came in was buying young middling cost guys with big upsides, which was working for them. Why they are now going on some massive spending spree is beyond me. Especially the Havertz signing, what in the world were they thinking. He's not a striker, he's not a midfielder. He's nowhere near as good as Odegaard, so what was the point?

InfiniteBoredom

His wannabe Pep act is tiring

Sure, it’s important to build a winning mentality, but want the players to be ‘hurting’ after a bloody pre season game? Nobody can sustain that constant level of emotional intensity and not getting burnt out.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
It's weird because I thought their transfer strategy since Edu came in was buying young middling cost guys with big upsides, which was working for them. Why they are now going on some massive spending spree is beyond me. Especially the Havertz signing, what in the world were they thinking. He's not a striker, he's not a midfielder. He's nowhere near as good as Odegaard, so what was the point?
Because the stakes are higher now being back in CL. Arteta built a very good first XI whose lack of depth and experience inevitably cost us the title. He's fattened up the squad and brought in 3 mature and experienced, though still relatively young, players.

I do wonder how Havertz will turn out, his signing (esp for that price) is bemusing. Doesn't seem a proper replacement for Xhaka at all.

SAFMUTD

Timber will prove to be a decent signing, Rice will ve overpriced as we all know but he'll be solid, Havertz will be a total failure. If reports about his wages are true Arsenal just feck up big time.

predator

Youth NITK
He's going to prove himself to be a great manager in the PL because he has alot of experience as a player and coach and now manager. Will he win the league with Arsenal? I don't think he will but he's definitely improved them massively.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I dont think anyone 'hates' him

AndySmith1990

Buying Rice and Havertz for £170m is the sort of batshit crazy thing Woodward and Solskjaer would've done