Mike's Sheep Draft

Enigma_87

You know who
2nd pick sent too.

Wonder if someone decided to pick a GOAT as a manager just to block him. :lol:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I'll say this, though - if some fecker here has done what I considered first, he'll have played an absolute blinder.

Enigma_87

You know who
I actually considered it.

But decided against it.

Or did I?
Thought going that way myself, but if I was blocked would've been a mess.

I'll say this, though - if some fecker here has done what I considered first, he'll have played an absolute blinder.
Well there were 2 obvious combos of absolute GOAT's - one with Fenomeno that The Stain might have pulled through halfway and the other was the one you probably are talking about with either of those names still unpicked.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
and the other was the one you probably are talking about with either of those names still unpicked
Yep.

Worrying.

Still, very happy to have landed these two lads - not least since I had to decide fairly quickly, couldn't spend hours mulling over the decision.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I looked at one guy which would've been unreal! But just wasn't brave enough...
The main worry will be getting stuck with a choice that doesn't offer all that much in terms of alternatives if the initial combo is blocked, partly or fully.

My guess would be that most have gone for managers who do offer a rather large range of good-to-great options down the line (if the initial combo doesn't pay off).

For the gambler, though - oh yes, there were options.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
i went with one with little or no alternative but dont think we are thinking about the same one as that other guy crossed my mind as well :D

Marty1968

Are we close to results? Must all have a decent idea of the pool of players we need to pick from?

Enigma_87

You know who
Are we close to results? Must all have a decent idea of the pool of players we need to pick from?
Next two rounds should not take too much to think about I reckon. It's very limited pool for either manager double pick or not. I've sent mine straight away..

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Only two "great" players available from this certain Manager. But then these two could win you the game by themselves.

But, my balls were shrinking at the thought if someone else picked him up too. Kudos to whoever did that.

Enigma_87

You know who
Only two "great" players available from this certain Manager. But then these two could win you the game by themselves.

But, my balls were shrinking at the thought if someone else picked him up too. Kudos to whoever did that.
I'm not sure if we're on the same page but if someone has chosen a certain manager and the two GOAT's then the pool is still fantastic enough for 2nd and 3rd pick(not so much now of course).

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'm not sure if we're on the same page but if someone has chosen a certain manager and the two GOAT's then the pool is still fantastic enough for 2nd and 3rd pick(not so much now of course).
If two posters pick the same manager, thus two posters pick the same 2 GOATs and both be eliminated? For 2nd and 3rd pick those two posters are screwed, scrapping from list of "non-desirable players".

Enigma_87

You know who
If two posters pick the same manager, thus two posters pick the same 2 GOATs and both be eliminated? For 2nd and 3rd pick those two posters are screwed, scrapping from list of "non-desirable players".
I meant that if we are talking about the same 2 GOATs then the pool for the 2nd and 3rd pick would have still be great.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I meant that if we are talking about the same 2 GOATs then the pool for the 2nd and 3rd pick would have still be great.
Now I'm confused. I can PM you if you want, since we can't change manager anyway.