Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Manny

Grammar Police
    feck this formation man, absolutely awful
    we are effectively playing 5 at the back because the wing backs cant/wont bomb forwards.

too often the balls going to chicha in wide areas...

We need to get back to basics with 4 at the back imo

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
    We can't lose to a league one side on a day when we have broken the British transfer record! Even if it's mostly kids. I am expecting a much better 2nd half!

Loublaze

ATLien
    Rubbish all round. Anderson has been decent. Powell wont last here if thats all he can offer. No energy and zero awareness of opposition players close to him.

Iron Stove

Are people really blaming the formation? Individual errors upon individual errors from senior players have nothing to do with the formation.
    Agreed. It's the easy way out to blame the formation. It might not be my favorite but we have a lot more quality on the pitch which should make up for any deficiency there. Too many bottlers at the club, unbelievable. LVG has a lot of work to do with this lot.

Hydra

I actually expected us to go 1 nil down, as quite a few others might have, mainly due to complacency or a lack of concentration. I should have put money on it.

However I did not expect such bad individual performances, I have faith in Van Gaal to hairdryer this lot and hopefully have them come out looking like a different side.

I must say this every match day thread, I may have to make it a permanent fixture in my posts.

Stop tarring all the "newbies" with the same brush, some of you lot are just as bad.

hubbuh

Good half. We now have them right where we wanted.
    :lol:

Very disappointed by Powell. He clearly won't make it here. He's quite cumbersome on the ball.

I think we're going to have to rethink the 3-5-2. Just isn't for us. Perhaps the Dutch are more adaptable, because our lot just look clueless.

rooney2009

Does not look like this 3-5-2 rubbish is working,it's slow and boring,don't think we have had a chance yet.we don't need 3 centre backs against Mk Dona

Taxx

How can you expect us to have faith when the players here are just no aware of what is at stakes for their position at the club, especially with the load of new signings we have? That sorry bunch simply has no heart, just being losers from start to finish.
    Let's see the composition of this team:

• All but one player from the first team starting 11
    • Mostly young, inexperienced players
    • The veterans are "fringe" players
    • The 3-5-2 system is obviously foreign and the players struggle with basic things such as positioning

Compare this to MK Dons, who I am sure is going out with their most familiar formation and most, if not all, of their first team. Is it a wonder we are struggling? Absolutely not. Change is much needed at half time.

Reactions: Big-Red

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
    VG must change the system to 4-3-3 and then we should introduce 3-5-2 little by little in due course. The change had been too big for our players

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
    Too late Angel, you've already signed the contract. This is your future :nervous:

Piratesoup

Supports
    Bayern München
    This is not "nervousness". The Manchester Untied I've known, respected and to a degree feared for all my football life didn't get "nervous" when being down to a League One team. This is blasphemy!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
    The problem for me with this formation so far this season is the wing backs and the defensive midfielder. They're confused as to how to play this formation, the wing backs should be stretching play and having a go at the full backs whilst the defensive midfielder should be plugging the gaps when they do go forward.

So much of the attacking play should include the wing backs and it's just not happening as displayed tonight.

Saad K

Undergoing Verification
    People calling out the 3-5-2 and saying we aren't "disciplined" enough for it are being ridiculous. Disciplined, controlled, confident play isn't born out of the sky, it is drilled into the players.

Give this system a couple of months. Van Gaal is a competent enough manager to identify the pitfalls and attempt rectifying them.

bubbles_

"There is only one team in it, let's us be honest. MK Dons are by far the better and fully deserve to be ahead." Steve Claridge going senile live on air

RetroStu

Its so disheartening watching us at the moment, the squad really is in a state.

Dylan94

Rubbish all round. Anderson has been decent. Powell wont last here if thats all he can offer. No energy and zero awareness of opposition players close to him.
    I would say that Powell, Anderson, and Welbeck have been our best players so far.

manichester

Players who cannot pass the ball to a colleague and players who cannot control a ball. Evans has a mistake in almost every game this time it cost us.

ryan_forlan

Gullible
    these players are not this bad. the team and the system is not working. it has to be LvG's fault. You can ask for time, but I could make us play a lot better than this, with the same team. This is just crap.
    Ditch 3-5-2 please!!!!

oldgrumpyred

Well it's half time and we haven't had a shot on target against MK Dons for gods sake! They're playing like this is the first time they've met each other, like a bunch of strangers. Can see why certain people are being told they can go

justboy68

There is something seriously wrong with us. Absolutely horrendous display. We aren't capable of creating any chances whatsoever with this 3-5-2 formation. The system can work, but it doesn't look like it's going to work for us anytime soon, so lets just move to 4-3-3.

Gopher Brown

Yeah, I will join the chorus of seeming philistines saying they don't like this 3-5-2. It just doesn't work with our players. They are never where they need to be at the right time, always arriving late. Why we need two spare centre-backs when they are playing 4-5-1 is beyond me.

I really cannot see where Di Maria fits in this system, unless he's planning on Herrera and Di Maria in CM, and the middle centre-back being the 'DM' but Smalling can't do that job.

JackXX

Poor so far but what the feck is Evans doing? A team full of youngsters and one of the most experienced players out there does that! We should be in control of the game. Hernandez and Welbeck also need to be doing more we are playing against MK Dons give them something to think about FFS.

Smores

We've struggled in the cups plenty of times before but given we have a new manager and we're looking for our first win this is disgraceful.

The league cup with young players is not the time to feck about with the managers latest philosophy fancy. Get us back to 433 and stop pudding about

McUnited

1. Would like to know what van Gaal, Giggs, and Stuivenberg are writing in their note pads every game.

2. If we lose this, would you place some blame on LvG for not having some better players on the bench in case they're needed? We're out of Europe so perhaps should be making sure we do better in domestic competitions.

3. I still expect us to win.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Player Ratings

3.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 437 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • MK Dons win
  • Draw