Mirror Football: Man Utd to double Bruno Fernandes' wages with lucrative new contract

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

El Zoido

Would be fecked without him. Just let him write his own number in.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
How much is he on at the moment ?

I have no issue with any number he's absolutely World Class and has such a great mentality I wish he was the captain.
100k. Which is low relative to his status within the squad.

Leonzo1

Extending the contract of a soon to be 30 years old :lol: this club is going nowhere.

Am I doing this right?

tjb

Yes. TBH it's about time that we actually restructure our wages to reflect actual value to the team relative to the level of expectation of United within the division. There are players that should be sold in order to make this possible. For example, personally I would sell De Gea. I can never believe that a keeper can be worth that type of money in wages, plus we already have a player in Henderson who can approximate a lot of what De Gea already offers.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Triple his contract
Give him his own helipad at Carrington
All staff must refer to him as Sir, M'lord or His Excellency
Red carpet must be rolled out whenever he walks onto the pitch

How much is he on at the moment ?

I have no issue with any number he's absolutely World Class and has such a great mentality I wish he was the captain.
happy for him to get a new contract. Doesn’t need to be captain - just keep on doing what he’s doing. Your best player doesn’t need to be captain.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I mean, we reward players nowhere near as influential (or actually good at football) with new contracts all the time, so unsurprising Bruno will get one. It has only been a year though! Can’t think of many players who get new deals so early on.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
To be fair he is everything to us right now. We make a bad team selection, poor tactics, team is playing badly or whatever, he is there to bail us out. He's only 1 player but I dread to think where we'd be without him. Easily mid table now and 6th or 7th last year.

432JuanMata

I’m always against doing this in such a quick amount of time because it’s the reason we end up with flops and can’t get rid but he should be matching our top earners also only earning 100k is criminal for what he does the guy is carrying us at times.
Also my favourite player since RVP he is class and a leader

Fridge chutney

I read he was on 80k. If so, we should definitely double his wages. He's earned it. Such a delight to watch and genuinely leaves everything on the pitch.

Probably our best signing since Sir Alex retired.

Cloud7

Good. He deserves it. Keep the other clubs that will inevitably be after him away from him as well. Crazy to think that he signed here for wages similar to what the likes of Lingard and Shaw are on.

432JuanMata

Extending the contract of a soon to be 30 years old :lol: this club is going nowhere.

Am I doing this right?
Hahaha I nearly fell for that until I quoted it and seen the white text. People live in the 90’s when players drank, smoked and didn’t have the sports science and nutrition of today. 30 is still peak level though the caf would make you believe he should in the retirement home

432JuanMata

I read he was on 80k. If so, we should definitely double his wages. He's earned it. Such a delight to watch and genuinely leaves everything on the pitch.

Probably our best signing since Sir Alex retired.
If he is on 80k then doubling it is still low balling him. He should be on 200+. This is a full 8 months of pure class. Also he should our captain

Fridge chutney

If he is on 80k then doubling it is still low balling him. He should be on 200+. This is a full 8 months of pure class. Also he should our captain
While I don't disagree, it appears that thankfully he doesn't just play for us because of money.

432JuanMata

While I don't disagree, it appears that thankfully he doesn't just play for us because of money.
Yeah it’s madness isn’t it the passion he shows, leadership and love for the club is immense while showcasing he is our best player by a mile and happily sitting on 80k. I haven’t had the love for a player at this club in years as much as I do for him

cyril C

I mean, we reward players nowhere near as influential (or actually good at football) with new contracts all the time, so unsurprising Bruno will get one. It has only been a year though! Can’t think of many players who get new deals so early on.
I vaguely recall Hernandez got a contract renewal on his 1st season, but his initial pay check was laughable I think.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
He should have the highest fee already. Best signing since RVP.

432JuanMata

I vaguely recall Hernandez got a contract renewal on his 1st season, but his initial pay check was laughable I think.
Yeah it was laughable but that is when the club/SAF was smart. We plucked him from the Mexican league not knowing how good he will be so the contract was right, if he wasn’t good enough we could move it on easy due to the low wages or if he was good enough we could up his contract.
The last few years we have given contracts to players who would be lucky to get half of it.
Back to Bruno though this is a no brainer the guy is worth every penny

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
What's KDB on? Give him that.

He should also 100% be captain of this team, sorry Harry.