Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Tyler Blackett joins Blackpool on one month loan.

mo0

someone on twitter mentioned it was a LWB type role, pulled in due to Robinson's injury. fwiw.

Brightonian

Played LM and LB, good experience for Blackett. Always felt there's something about him, not sure he's good enough for United but he can have a good career.
Agreed. Needs consistency more than anything else, and proper competitive playing time is the way to get that.

mo0

i'd like to point out that all the players Rio Ferdinand has name-dropped over the years haven't quite hit the heady heights of his "bigging up". from Fryers to Blackett to Morrison (not at United at least). kiss o' death.

khoazany

United is participating in a tournament called MIC in Spain.We're playing in "D" age group (for youngsters born in 02' or after).

First match vs. CE Penya Bonsaires.Currently 4-0 for us after HT (Haygarthx2,Greenwoodx2)

P.S: finished 8-0 (Greenwoodx4,Haygarthx2,Thompson,Denham).70% possession for us and no substitution.

Last edited:

khoazany

United is participating in a tournament called MIC in Spain.We're playing in "D" age group (for youngsters born in 02' or after).

First match vs. CE Penya Bonsaires.Currently 4-0 for us after HT (Haygarthx2,Greenwoodx2)

P.S: finished 8-0 (Greenwoodx4,Haygarthx2,Thompson,Denham).70% possession for us and no substitution.
United won their remaining two group matches 6-1 against Kitchee FC and 11-0 against FC L'Escala.Greenwood currently top scorer with 13 goals already.Final stage starting tomorrow with more challenging opponents.

khoazany

United won their remaining two group matches 6-1 against Kitchee FC and 11-0 against FC L'Escala.Greenwood currently top scorer with 13 goals already.Final stage starting tomorrow with more challenging opponents.
United won 6-1 and 4-0 vs. California United and Getafe today.Semi-final tomorrow against Barcelona.

lysglimt

Scout
2 United-younsters in action for England U16 against South Korea in France - match ended 1-1 with Zach Dearnley playing the entire game - Ro-Shaun Williams coming on as a sub in the 68th minute

England lost 2-0 against Saudi Arabia 2 days ago - with Dearnley and Williams starting but both subbed at half-time

Anyone knowing anything about these 2 ? Williams a defender from the looks of it and Dearnley a striker/attacking midfielder

khoazany

2 United-younsters in action for England U16 against South Korea in France - match ended 1-1 with Zach Dearnley playing the entire game - Ro-Shaun Williams coming on as a sub in the 68th minute

England lost 2-0 against Saudi Arabia 2 days ago - with Dearnley and Williams starting but both subbed at half-time

Anyone knowing anything about these 2 ? Williams a defender from the looks of it and Dearnley a striker/attacking midfielder
Dearnley is a right winger or striker very fast and skillful Williams is a big gangy CB already started 2-3 U18s games for us.

khoazany

Do we know how it finished up? Can't get any links to the website from work...
I thought nobody care so I've stopped updating :)

We drew 1-1 vs. Barcelona but unfortunately lost on penalties 2-3.Mason Greenwood is the tournament's top scorer(17 goals/6 matches) and won Player of the tournament.Barca demolished Ajax 5-0 to win the tournament eventually (actually we're the only team that can make any kind of trouble to them during the whole tournament).

Bit of tournament action for United lower age groups on May as an U15s squad will parcipate in the annual Marveld Cup and an U11s squad take part in Mini Euro tournament (and a tournament called "V Football Academy Tournament" on June)

Last edited:

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy

We drew 1-1 vs. Barcelona but unfortunately lost on penalties 2-3.Mason Greenwood is the tournament's top scorer(17 goals/6 matches) and won Player of the tournament.Barca demolished Ajax 5-0 to win the tournament eventually (actually we're the only team that can make any kind of trouble to them during the whole tournament).

Bit of tournament action for United lower age groups on May as an U15s squad will parcipate in the annual Marveld Cup and an U11s squad take part in Mini Euro tournament (and a tournament called "V Football Academy Tournament" on June)
Nah, always interested to hear about youth tournaments that United are involved in! Thanks for the updates. Top work.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies

Good stuff. Thanks for the updates.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Thanks for the update bud!

khoazany

As far as I know that American lad Alonzo Clarke didn't get a deal from us.McGuiness and co are really busy these days trying to get new players in.Currently we only have less than 20 players for U18s next season first-years and second-years combined, bit short on quantity.

On the other hand (this news originally from jb) we were scouting some Ajax players in the AEGON Future Cup (U17s) in which they won Liverpool on final.

Last edited:

Everest Red

Reddest ever
If we hire LvG, are there any youngsters that might be promoted to the first team pronto?

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Does anyone know if there has been any confirmation that Nicky Butt will join Giggs with the first team?

khoazany

I imagine he will like the look of the obvious 5 (Wilson, Pereira, Varela, Pearson and Rothwell)

He may give Lingard a chance to step up as well.
Nah the obvious 5 should be Lingard,M.Keane,Wilson,Rothwell and Varela (+Vermijl if he stays).Pearson and Pereira needs a bit more time (I'm only talking about how close they're to the first team).

Another one is Johnstone although you could debate he's already belong to the first team.

LR7

Nah the obvious 5 should be Lingard,M.Keane,Wilson,Rothwell and Varela (+Vermijl if he stays).Pearson and Pereira needs a bit more time (I'm only talking about how close they're to the first team).
If agree with this. Although I might put Rothwell with Pearson and Pereira.

khoazany

If Rothwell is ready then so is Pearson imo I can understand the reasoning behind giving him more time though.
My thinking also but I just bash my list on how they seems to be rated within the rank.I means Rothwell already train regularly with the first team,travel with the first team on a couple of occasions,given first team squad number and all that.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I think neither Rothwell nor Pearson will be ready next season. However, I do think van Gaal's arrival would be great for their long term chances.

One player I can see van Gaal blooding next season already, is Lingard. I bet he'll love Jesse's quick, clever one- and two-touch game.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I think neither Rothwell nor Pearson will be ready next season. However, I do think van Gaal's arrival would be great for their long term chances.

One player I can see van Gaal blooding next season already, is Lingard. I bet he'll love Jesse's quick, clever one- and two-touch game.
Arjen Lingard :drool:

Brightonian

Wilson too. After all, van Gaal is the man who blooded Thomas Muller, whose game isn't dissimilar. He likes forwards who can really play but are also undeniably proper strikers.

Brightonian

If Rothwell is ready then so is Pearson imo I can understand the reasoning behind giving him more time though.
Dunno about that, they're level in terms of footballing development, but Pearson's size means he'll probably take a little longer to be ready for first team action.

Although having said that, he matched Dembele and Bentaleb manfully, so what do I know?

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Dunno about that, they're level in terms of footballing development, but Pearson's size means he'll probably take a little longer to be ready for first team action.

Although having said that, he matched Dembele and Bentaleb manfully, so what do I know?
He is a bit short but he is quite stocky, not in a fat way. He wouldn't be knocked about easily.

jb8521

Jack Rudge, Jack Barmby and Sam Byrne are set to be released

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Surprised to see Barmby go. Never thought he'd make it here but I felt he was worth keeping on our books.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I thought all three of them were pretty decent, I thought Rudge looked quite good last season, haven't been able to catch much of the U18s this season though.