Miscellaneous Reserve/Youth News

jeston

Certainly was. Best of the bunch:

Lawrence

Barmby

And Wilson :drool:

jb8521

Ben Pearson and James Wilson both started for England under 19s against Estonia its 3-1 to England at half time

oskarutd

Will be interesting to see who goes.
A few should be looking at championship loans too.

So, What Evans at Rotherham said is that he will get 2-3 loan players and one from United. To difficult for papers to get it right.

jb8521

Anyone heard of Harry Maguire off Sheffield United? Centre half we've been linked to.
Saw him playing a couple of times against our youth team a couple of years and seemed a solid John Terry style defender but apparently hes had a terrible season and fans would be delighted to get 4 million for him which isnt a good sign. From what little Ive seen I dont think hes any better than Keane or Thorpe just more experienced

Heffo

Anyone heard of Harry Maguire off Sheffield United? Centre half we've been linked to.

Played against us in the youth cup final. I think he scored a goal for Sheffield United but then went and gave away a penalty for hand ball or scored an own goal or something.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Played against us in the youth cup final. I think he scored a goal for Sheffield United but then went and gave away a penalty for hand ball or scored an own goal or something.
Don't remember being particularly impressed with any of their defenders in those games but a century of games aged 20 is remarkable.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
U17 Euros

Belgium with Pereira lost 4-1 to Italy (other Pereira plays tomorrow at 5 with against Poland)

Sondre Rossbach (former United trialist, apparent is/was going to sign with us) in goal as Norway drawing 0-0 with Italy
This guy's coming along brilliantly. Still just 17, he made his debut in Norway's top div at the weekend and looked the part. He was all set to sign for United on his 16th birthday but the deal got delayed due to an ankle operation. When he recovered he signed for his local top division side instead. Not sure if we changed or minds or if he did, perhaps we wanted to see that there weren't any long term problems with his ankle, but I'm sure he's still on our radar. Die-hard United fan as well.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
The U21 match away to Spurs on the 11th is off, anyone hear why?

Next match would be the 21st, so let's hope they schedule some friendlies.

jb8521

Under 15 centre half Roshaun Williams will captain England under 16s against Wales tonight coverage starts on sky sports 2 at 7.30

jb8521

Williams played the full game for England as they beat Wales 1-0. Williams made a bad mistake getting caught on the ball at the start of the game which lead to Wales hitting the post but looked good after that. Reminds me a bit of Desailly in terms of build and movement. The English players who impressed me most were James Yates a right back from Everton and Charlie Wakefield a winger from Chelsea who got the goal. Wales best player was Tyler Roberts a striker from west brom who's eligible again next year. Chris Willock from Arsenal missed out through injury.

jb8521

United will send an under 17s squad to Slovakia tomorrow for friendlies against MFK Ruzomberok on 28 October at 7.30pm and Sparta Prague on 30 October at 4pm in Poprad. Under 16s Charlie Scott and under 15s Jake Kenyon and Callum Whelan are in the squad but not sure of the rest of the squad yet

jb8521

Oliver Byrne, Tyler Reid and Callum Gribbin are also in the squad

Danish Wizard

Callum Gribbin has been called up for England u16 for the match against Northern Ireland.

jb8521

Devonte Redmond, jimmy Dunne, Roshawn Williams and Angel Gomes are in Slovakia aswell

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Hows Andreas Pereira coming along? I half saw him once in an MUTV game at my dads whilst pretending to help him shell peas (my dad, not Andreas Pereira) and he looked the absolute nuts

Can someone confirm or deny that he's going to be the best player in the world within the next 5 years please? Preferably confirm.

PS18

He's definitely got a chance but not sure he's done enough (in a United shirt at least) to quite justify all the hype yet. A long way to go.

jb8521

He really has to start influencing games more. He has all the talent in the world but hasn't done enough this season and was taken off after about an hour in the under 19s game last week after being pretty anonymous

MPTutd

I agree with the above about him needing to influence games more. But we said that about Pogba as well and look at him now.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Well, he's also been the stand out player in most of the U18 games. He looks like he should already be in the U21s to me.

But I think there's something to be said for not promoting a player too far too quickly, he can shine in the academy team and hopefully expand his attacking game more easily against younger opponents.

datura

Well, he's also been the stand out player in most of the U18 games. He looks like he should already be in the U21s to me.

But I think there's something to be said for not promoting a player too far too quickly, he can shine in the academy team and hopefully expand his attacking game more easily against younger opponents.
Are you still talking about Periera? He hasnt' plauyed that many Academy games and the standouts have been Wilson, Harrop, Goss, McConnell and Fletcher really this season. His real turn was in the Milk Cup

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Sorry, you're right he's barely featured in the U18s tournament. I should say he's looked a cut above in the games he's played, which haven't been for the U21s.

PS18

For me he was poor in the one U18 game he's played this season, and his U19 displays haven't been entirely convincing either - some bright moments but anonymous at times too. In his defence, he's playing very sporadically so it's not easy to find form. I don't really understand the way we're using him this season - he should be featuring regularly for the U18s until such a time that there are more opportunities available in the U21s (due to loans/injuries). I know there was talk that he'd refused to play U18 games any more - either way, can't see how such limited playing time is doing him any favours at all.

Doesn't seem to have done much to quell the hype/excitement around him though. Can't help wondering if a kid called Andrew Perry putting in the same sort of performances would be getting raved about as much.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I really hope sign Andrew Perry, heard really good things about him plus he's a united fan too.