Mjld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Not sucking up here at all but I personally welcome this move. Even the United forum needs a bit of a clean-up in my eyes. Nearly every thread has become a bit of a cliche recently. If it hasn't been done before then it gets filed under a certain category (Player vs. Player, Over/Underrated, Pro/Anti-Glazer, Top Red/OOT, etc) and gets responded to as such. Anything genuinely new either gets lost amongst the chaos, morphed into something old, turned into a random discussion or (in some rare cases) actual intelligent football discussion.

I'm interested though, how heavily is the banstick going to come though? Will it be (a) major cull(s) before Christmas or a slow and steady banning process?
Slow and steady by infraction. If people behave it won't happen. if they continue not to there will be eGenocide by the time the festive season rolls on by.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
...with his constant disregard for warnings and insulting moderators?
Checked his posts. No insults from MJLD towards any mods.

I'm fighting MJ's corner in the mod forum. The problem is I can't do much because he literally asked to be banned.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
I reckon when it comes to banning it should take two mods with two keys that they insert simultaneously like what you'd do in a nuclear submarine to launch world war three.

And I imagine the phrase 'insert simultaneously' is not entirely new to the average mod.

RK

I'm fighting MJ's corner in the mod forum. The problem is I can't do much because he literally asked to be banned.
Heh, this is too confusing for me.

And for that reason, I'm out.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke

Is there a war going on in there? We need names. Who is in whose corner?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I'd say that calling Eyepopper "a bog trotting fenian nacker" by PM constituted "asking for a ban".

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
whats going on in here now then? are we still talking about jldm?

Uncle Junior

The rules are clear, but the enforcement of them isn't.
The mods here do a good job, and therefore you should not question their actions or tell them how to do their work. They take time out and do the moderation only to make this place better, and you should be grateful for that, not condescending.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
I'm more interested in whether CZ will ever be back?

AgainstAllOdds

Because it always ends up in criticism of mods/admins who never act impulsively. They deserve better IMO.

I am actually in favour of giving 2 day bans to anyone who even vaguely questions a mod/admins action on anything. This place is becoming chaotic due to this sort of anarchy.
5 pages?

So I guess that thing about us explaining bannings not leading to endless debate is true.

He's gone, get over it, you wont remember who he was in 2 days!
Sellout. 24 Hours to go.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Next time they step out of line they will. We aim to significantly reduce the membership before Christmas.
Slow and steady by infraction. If people behave it won't happen. if they continue not to there will be eGenocide by the time the festive season rolls on by.
And there was I thinking that Red Cafe was for life not just for Xmas...:(

This guys too nice to be a mod...:nervous:

I'd say that calling Eyepopper "a bog trotting fenian nacker" by PM constituted "asking for a ban".
I had to look that up in a dictionary, I can see how certain nationalities might be offened by that...

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
That wasn't the point, it was a reply in reference to a Broph's post. I actually haven't criticised the moderation at all yet you are the 2nd person picking on this comment out of context.

Brophs said that the rules were clear; you agreed and said that the enforcement wasn't.

Yet somehow two posters have missed the point entirely, what gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.