MLB 2019

Leg-End

Yankees have a million injuries to start the season, not pursuing any big free agents outside of Paxton is going to hurt for years.

freeurmind

weak willed
The Yankee approach offensively was a disgrace the last few days, everyone trying to hit a homerun every atbat and no nous or critical thinking seemingly going on. Boone has to hope things improve or his job could be under threat.

JoaquinJoaquin

MLB is the American sport I watch the least, But happy to have it back. My Mets have started well. Problem is, injury will no doubt hit at some point as always.

Leg-End

The Yankee approach offensively was a disgrace the last few days, everyone trying to hit a homerun every atbat and no nous or critical thinking seemingly going on. Boone has to hope things improve or his job could be under threat.
Yes this approach to having to better the home run record from last year.......I hate it, don't even worry about it.

I just feel like the roster construction is....one dimensional.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
What a start by the Mariners. Going to see them Monday night against Cleveland

freeurmind

weak willed
Yankees having alot of trouble early. Tampa Bay might run away with the AL East.

Leg-End

Yankees having alot of trouble early. Tampa Bay might run away with the AL East.
So many injuries and the bullpen hasn't got going yet. I'm not worried, it's too early but if Severino is out then they need to get another rotation piece. Red Sox aren't this bad either I don't think, it will be competitive in the AL East.

freeurmind

weak willed
Red Sox lost again, Yankees lost the series to the White Sox yesterday. Both teams should be worried now especially with Tampa pulling away in the AL East.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Aaaaaand, the Mariners are shit again. Swept twice in a row.

freeurmind

weak willed
Seems like a few of the Red Sox playeers and manager Alex Cora are skipping the trip to the White House.

In January, Cora was outspoken about his native Puerto Rico's need for relief after Hurricane Maria killed an estimated 2,975 people there. At the time, Cora indicated that he would consider skipping the visit to the nation's capital in response to Trump's handling of the hurricane, and Cora officially announced Sunday that he would not attend.

Among the Red Sox players opting out of Thursday's trip are Mookie Betts, Xander Bogaerts, Jackie Bradley Jr., Rafael Devers, Sandy Leon, Eduardo Nunez, David Price, Christian Vazquez and Hector Velazquez. Roughly 20 other players will attend the ceremony at the White House.
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26705101/cora-says-red-sox-clubhouse-divided

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
@Carolina Red what do you think about the Rays potentially becoming a two cities team and don't you think that it's a first step to move to Montreal who is a far bigger market and iirc wants to see a franchise finally replace the Expos?

Carolina Red

Staff
@Carolina Red what do you think about the Rays potentially becoming a two cities team and don't you think that it's a first step to move to Montreal who is a far bigger market and iirc wants to see a franchise finally replace the Expos?
Florida is always so fickle with its pro sports teams. It seems like the ideal place, but for some reason the stands are always empty.

That said, Montreal played a split home schedule in the last years before they moved to DC... they split time between Montreal and Puerto Rico. It didn’t work then, and I doubt it’ll work now.

Either move to Montreal or don’t.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Florida is always so fickle with its pro sports teams. It seems like the ideal place, but for some reason the stands are always empty.

That said, Montreal played a split home schedule in the last years before they moved to DC... they split time between Montreal and Puerto Rico. It didn’t work then, and I doubt it’ll work now.

Either move to Montreal or don’t.
Agreed and the fact that it's officially studied by the Rays tells me that they are seriously thinking about simply moving like the Expos did. But from what I have read Tropicana field is one of the worst place in american sports

Carolina Red

Staff
Agreed and the fact that it's officially studied by the Rays tells me that they are seriously thinking about simply moving like the Expos did. But from what I have read Tropicana field is one of the worst place in american sports
Oh dude.. it sucks.

It honestly reminds me of the shit dome that Montreal used to play in.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

As deep as the squad is, I don't think we'll pass the century mark. Only if the AL contenders (Yankees, Astros, & Twins) keep pushing us we might try and play for home-field advantage.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Is this the first time MLB has gone across the pond? The fact they've sent over Red Sox and Yankees tells me they're really banking on the UK interest. Definitely will be seeing more of this I imagine, similar to NFL. Difference being, NFL usually sends over shitty teams like the Raiders and Jags.

Carolina Red

Staff
Is this the first time MLB has gone across the pond? The fact they've sent over Red Sox and Yankees tells me they're really banking on the UK interest. Definitely will be seeing more of this I imagine, similar to NFL. Difference being, NFL usually sends over shitty teams like the Raiders and Jags.
The only other time I could imagine it happening was if we sent teams over for USO trips in WW2.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
How common is a whopping like this?
You do get the odd game. You either have pitching duels which are interesting, but to a new audience incredibly boring, or you get like today, more like batting practice and you don't do that with a team like this Yankee team. They like hitting.