MLB 2021

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Unbelievable pitching but that was the last chance for the Dodgers . Crazy that they didn't score even 1 more run from that position

edcunited1878

13 years ago, the San Diego Padres beat the Houston Astros and the Atlanta Braves to reach the World Series.

13 years later, the Braves win Game 6 at home of their NLCS matchup, instead of losing, to face the Houston Astros in the 2021 MLB World Series.

Amazing baseball by the Braves. Rosario and Matzek should get co-NLCS MVPs.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
13 years ago, the San Diego Padres beat the Houston Astros and the Atlanta Braves to reach the World Series.

13 years later, the Braves win Game 6 at home of their NLCS matchup, instead of losing, to face the Houston Astros in the 2021 MLB World Series.

Amazing baseball by the Braves. Rosario and Matzek should get co-NLCS MVPs.
Agreed, that 7th by Matzek was insane.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'd hoped he was just out for ALCS, but McCullers is done for the season. That leaves just two outright starters in Valdez and Garcia.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Why MLB continues to award postseason assignments to umpires based on seniority and not on performance is mind-boggling.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Braves slapping Valdez around and making history doing so.

Got the first leadoff home run in World Series game one history, and it's the first time a team has scored in each of the first three innings of a World Series as well.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Ex-Ray Charlie Morton threw 16 pitches on a broken left leg, the fecking plant leg.

Stud.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Dylan Lee just got his first career start in game 4 of the World Series.

He left with 1 out in the 1st and bases loaded.
In other pitcher news, the Astros have Greinke batting #8, apparently making him the first pitcher to not bat at #9 in a World Series since some bloke called Babe Ruth. He managed a hit immediately as well. :lol:

Mani

Walking Bregman in the 5th innings looks costlier, Was expecting Braves to close this today.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Astros hitters have woken up. That was a gutsy performance.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Looks like the Braves will win World Series. Congrats to any Braves in here.

edcunited1878

Pitching, defense, and clutching hitting win you baseball series. With the trade deadline acquisitions like their entire outfield and the drastic improvement of their bullpen....congratulations Atlanta Braves. Well deserved and hell of a team...that was missing one of the best players in the game for most of the year in Acuna Jr.

Freeman will most likely re-sign with Atlanta and they will get better pitching. The best infield in the game and a strong outfield with a pitching staff that peaked at the right time. Might have some coaching changes, this is their time.

Atlanta is the King of the baseball mountain...Hammering Hank is somewhere smiling.

Last edited:

ooeat0meoo

Member of the Muppet Empire
My Happy Place - So Don't Be fecking With Me!
Congratulations to the Braves

Early on in the season, I looked up the odds on Atlanta winning and it was something like 430-1
I so wanted to put $100 on them

They looked good early on in the season, but it was their summer acquisitions that sealed it for them. Just goes to show mid-season transfers can do it for a team

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
At the risk of jinxing it (hopefully not), congratulations to Atlanta. Imagine the memes if they blew a 3-1 lead after 28-3...
Their baseball team has been guilty of some monumental postseason collapses as well. I recall up 2-0 after dominating the Yankees in New York in 1996. Lost the next four games, three at home, and the series. Nearly choked 3-0 lead to the Mets in 1999 and lots of other postseason let downs. Good for them to finally do something. And congrats to Freeman who seems like a really good dude.

Oh, and the state still cares more about UGA who have a few choke jobs of late and will probably do it again this year.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Congratulations to the Braves

Early on in the season, I looked up the odds on Atlanta winning and it was something like 430-1
I so wanted to put $100 on them

They looked good early on in the season, but it was their summer acquisitions that sealed it for them. Just goes to show mid-season transfers can do it for a team
Crazy odds. You'd have been laughing there, big time.

Low margins because I only bet for fun but I lumped £1.25 on them before the WS began. Got me a smooth £20 in return, which is a rare win :D

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Their baseball team has been guilty of some monumental postseason collapses as well. I recall up 2-0 after dominating the Yankees in New York in 1996. Lost the next four games, three at home, and the series. Nearly choked 3-0 lead to the Mets in 1999 and lots of other postseason let downs. Good for them to finally do something. And congrats to Freeman who seems like a really good dude.

Oh, and the state still cares more about UGA who have a few choke jobs of late and will probably do it again this year.
I distinctly remember that series. Yankees players were knocking down water jugs in the dugout, then proceeded to come back and win. I learned to hate the Yankees that day.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

And they put scored the Yankees something like 30-2 in the first two games. Andruw Jones absolutely went off in the first two games.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I have been staring at this for the last 10 minutes. This retirement, probably because of the magic of this year and how it rekindled my love for baseball, is hitting me harder than it should.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I have been staring at this for the last 10 minutes. This retirement, probably because of the magic of this year and how it rekindled my love for baseball, is hitting me harder than it should.

He came from a solid college program. Enjoyed watching him at FSU.