Mo Salah

adkb

This is the exact same shit pool fans spew when people point out to them that Klopp isn't the greatest manager ever to walk the earth. They back peddle.

Let's see what you said "He's better than Pep - he's the best manager in the world"

What I said - "He's only won 1 PL in 9 years" In those nine years, he came 2nd...twice. It's not like he's been pushing city for the title every season. He's nothing special in terms of the EPL and what he's actually achieved (you know the stuff that counts like trophies).

We measure greatness on success. Unless you support liverpool. In no world is Klopp a better EPL manager than Pep. Aside from one league win his liverpool team have finished poorly. For the record this is what history will show - 8th, 4th, 4th, 2nd, 1st, 3rd, 2nd, 5th, 3rd and now his final season they've imploded and likely 3rd.

That is not the record of a great EPL manager by any stretch.

I never said he wasn't a great manager overall. I absolutely think he is, but he has a ton of flaws - but he's not better than Pep (which is what you actually said) again this this is the classic liverpool fan tactic of realising your initial point is wildly over the top and wrong and trying to change the nature of what was said to fit your narrative.
Thank you for trying to make me a liverpool fan, but you are way off.

Secondly, this is Salah thread. No klopp. There are plenty of points you have missed, but we can continue this elsewhere.

iHicksy

Thank you for trying to make me a liverpool fan, but you are way off.

Secondly, this is Salah thread. No klopp. There are plenty of points you have missed, but we can continue this elsewhere.
Classic - "i'll make a wildly over the top statement about Klopp being a better EPL manager than Pep"

Be proved wrong with actual facts and go "oh this isn't the place for it" despite being the one to post about it initially.

Hilarious. It's always fun calling out Klopp fans for their nonsense statements and watching them flounder.

adkb

Classic - "i'll make a wildly over the top statement about Klopp being a better EPL manager than Pep"

Be proved wrong with actual facts and go "oh this isn't the place for it" despite being the one to post about it initially.

Hilarious. It's always fun calling out Klopp fans for their nonsense statements and watching them flounder.
You are so full of yourself man.

iHicksy

You are so full of yourself man.
That literally means you think only of yourself. :lol:

How you've managed to work that into an argument about Klopp's failings and your nonsense plaudit that he's better than Pep is beyond me. Maybe have a basic understanding of what things mean before you try and use them as insults.

I literally argued your nonsense statement with facts - which are indisputable. Hence why you can't dispute them and just start coming out with random crap like this.

adkb

How you've managed to work that into an argument about Klopp's failings and your nonsense plaudit that he's better than Pep is beyond me. Maybe have a basic understanding of what things mean before you try and use them as insults.

I literally argued your nonsense statement with facts - which are indisputable. Hence why you can't dispute them and just start coming out with random crap like this.
Hey man. Amazing. You won. Please leave me alone.

Pascal Quiff

Supports
Liverpool

I think that he is better than Pep, but in a complete different way to your black and white 'what have they won?' stance. Probably why you United fans would rate Fergie above Paisley, despite Paisley having the better record, relatively speaking - because of how he changed the club in such a positive way.

I also think that trying to belittle someone on a fan forum is a bit crass.

Last edited:

iHicksy

I think that he is better than Pep, but in a complete different way to your black and white 'what have they won?' stance. Probably why you United fans would rate Fergie above Paisley, despite Paisley having the better record, relatively speaking - because of how he changed the club in such a positive way.

Maybe you should go back and read the parts where he said he "feels sorry for me" because i don't idolise klopp and that "i'm so full of myself". Despite the fact I never said anything remotely personal - just leveled facts about Klopp's supposed EPL dominance.

So yes you're right, he shouldn't belittle people.

Posh Red

I get the feeling Klopp wouldn’t handle the pressure at a top club, to be honest. He seems to favour the tier just below, where the expectations aren’t as high. If he’s prepared to test himself at one of the top clubs, maybe I would revise that opinion.

Ludens the Red

I get the feeling Klopp wouldn’t handle the pressure at a top club, to be honest. He seems to favour the tier just below, where the expectations aren’t as high. If he’s prepared to test himself at one of the top clubs, maybe I would revise that opinion.
Liverpool are not a top club ? I mean they’re quite comfortably one of the two biggest clubs in the country.

Posh Red

Liverpool are not a top club ? I mean they’re quite comfortably one of the two biggest clubs in the country.
Maybe I used the wrong phrase, but he went to a club where they hadn’t won the league for about thirty years, and he was afforded time to succeed. He wouldn’t get that at City, Barcelona, Madrid etc where you’re expected to compete from the get go.

Ludens the Red

Maybe I used the wrong phrase, but he went to a club where they hadn’t won the league for about thirty years, and he was afforded time to succeed. He wouldn’t get that at City, Barcelona, Madrid etc where you’re expected to compete from the get go.
Ah ok fair.

Needham

Troy Deeney just said he's not world class on the Simon Jordan podcast. This is all just breaking so I can't clarify Souness's position yet. Updates as they come...

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
I believe this too. He would avoid clubs like Barca Madrid Bayern because they will give you the money but you have to deal with intense pressure from fans players and especially management who will always be in your business. At Bayern Brazzo the former Sporting director will sit on the bench beside the coach probably the coach has to explain and justify every substitution and tactic

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Troy Deeney just said he's not world class on the Simon Jordan podcast. This is all just breaking so I can't clarify Souness's position yet. Updates as they come...
In fairness, Troy Deeney is not world class and it's a sign of growth that he's finally admitting this.