Mo Salah

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
There's some background information on that here: twitter.com/truthsayer_au/status/1010474283397570560/photo/1

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Truthsayer, eh? That settles it then.
So you think it's not true ? Not saying it is but that could explain some of the things he has to endure that we don't really see

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Interesting thread. Must admit he looks uncomfortable.

el3mel

How didn't Abo Rida tell him about the guy this far ? I'm pretty sure Salah knows feck all about the guy and his crimes but the Egyptian FA president should have told him or give him an advice at least.

Another reason to hate Abo Rida for me.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
How didn't Abo Rida tell him about the guy this far ? I'm pretty sure Salah knows feck all about the guy and his crimes but the Egyptian FA president should have told him or give him an advice at least.

Another reason to hate Abo Rida for me.
Your FA choose to base the team in Chechnya. Pretty sure they don't see a problem with that

How's that going to be seen in Egypt? Good, bad, irrelevant?

Liverpool certainly aren't going to be happy about this

el3mel

Your FA choose to base the team in Chechnya. Pretty sure they don't see a problem with that

Bad enough. I have seen several Egyptian comments on twitter pointing to the same thing, telling his crimes and that Salah shouldn't have gone this far but points of blame are mostly directed to Abo Rida for being fine with this. One thing to know is, really no Egyptian like any of the Egyptian officials that control football in the country. They're all cnuts and unlikable by nature, and search for their own glory even if that means saying feck all to anyone else.

I think it all has been planned by Abo Rida from the start by choosing Chechnya. Hardly think Salah knows anything about the man's crimes. It should have been the role of FA to tell him about his history and that it's enough. Apparently the Egyptian FA is happy with that so feck them.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Literally zero logic in basing in Chechnya. Salah probably can't wait to feck off out of there.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It should have been the role of the FA to keep that guy away from the team, and Salah in particular. Even if Salah knew abou the guy, he's still face to face with a crazy dictator, in his backyard. Are you going to tell said crazy dictator "No" in that situation? It's not good, but it is what it is. Barring Salah himself wanting to go to Chechnya and meet the guy, this is very much on the FA.

Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out Egypt went to Chechnya because they got paid to do it

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Interesting thread. Must admit he looks uncomfortable.
Plenty of celebs from Steven Seagal to Mayweather to Liz Hurley have yucked it up with Kadyrov. If anything, this sort of controversy will serve as a wake up call for others who may think its cool to hang out with him.

el3mel

It should have been the role of the FA to keep that guy away from the team, and Salah in particular. Even if Salah knew abou the guy, he's still face to face with a crazy dictator, in his backyard. Are you going to tell said crazy dictator "No" in that situation? It's not good, but it is what it is. Barring Salah himself wanting to go to Chechnya and meet the guy, this is very much on the FA.

Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out Egypt went to Chechnya because they got paid to do it
It'll be hardly any surprise for me either. As I said, The Egyptians officials are hated here more than you believe, and the camp has been a circus since the Uruguay match. I have no problem with anyone saying the Egyptian FA are cnuts, because I say more than that personally.

Handré1990

So you think it's not true ? Not saying it is but that could explain some of the things he has to endure that we don't really see
I’m sure I don’t know, but the reasoning behind that «pov», if you like, seems thin at best. Are you perchance a Liverpool fan?

awop

Supports
Arsenal
I’m sure I don’t know, but the reasoning behind that «pov», if you like, seems thin at best. Are you perchance a Liverpool fan?
Yes, i'm a huge Liverpool fan, absolutely love them.
Y.N.W.A. and all that stuff...

Handré1990

Yes, i'm a huge Liverpool fan, absolutely love them.
Y.N.W.A. and all that stuff...
I meant no offense mate. All of us humans have an ingrained tendency to believe the narrative that hits closest to home.

As for the issue at hand, I’m sure even if the claims were true, Salah does have a choice. He’s a millionaire fotballer, he doesn’t have to do anything, not really.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Many news corps, worldwide reporting he could quit. Could just be a threat from him though.

RoyTrenneman

Supports
River,MN UFC,BVB,FC Seoul
Really doubt he quits the team and lets down basically everyone in his country which has such devotion to him. Short of that, it's not like he has a choice but to do what is expected of him as a representative of his country. Even the queen is just a piece on the chess board, and a tool used by the person playing the game.

In a sense, everyone from every country in the World Cup is part of a political production to glorify Russia, Putin and his vassals, such as this Chechnyan "leader". Maybe everyone should be considering their role in that as Salah is.

Cassady

Supports Liverpool, Not Accrington Stanley
Supports
Accrington Stanley.
He's considering quitting as he's focusing on his move to that corrupt Spanish team .

the_answer

Bit like the Ozil / Gundogan & Erdogan situation.
But to be honest, its easy to criticize a player to be too close to certain dictators. But then again if one of us is in their shoes, what will we do?
will we really tell erdogan/kadyrov/putin/ off? despite maybe some repercussions? or will we just think 'whatever, it doesnt hurt me' and go ahead for a handshake and smile?
Not saying what they did was right, but its also not a deadly sin.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

They'll start making t-shirts I'm sure

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
:lol: seriously who gives a feck?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
This article reads like it's written by Liverpool's PR team.

"pictured walking with"...pretty sure he was pictured posing with the guy, which is kind of hard to deny, what with it being a picture and all. He might not be comfortable with it but he certainly was aware of it happening and could have chosen to refuse to do it.

The reason for the fuss in part is because every time you go on Reddit or somewhere similar, there is some article about Salah single handedly building schools for poor children, or bursting through brick walls to save families from cancer, or something. There have been documentaries about him on Channel 4, for some reason.

There is an ongoing concerted effort to build him up as some kind of superhero based on being a footballer who played well for a season. This is a bizarre and problematic thing to do, as at the end of the day, he's a footballer. It's going to massively ramp up the level of criticism whenever he does something stupid either on or off the pitch, and isn't going to achieve much the other way as at the end of the day, if he scores goals, Liverpool and Egypt fans will like him. He doesn't need a PR campaign to score goals.

Big Chomp

Think he's off this summer to one of the spanish teams maybe madrid with asensio going the other way.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
This article reads like it's written by Liverpool's PR team.

"pictured walking with"...pretty sure he was pictured posing with the guy, which is kind of hard to deny, what with it being a picture and all. He might not be comfortable with it but he certainly was aware of it happening and could have chosen to refuse to do it.
A ruthless warlord shows up whom is known to torture and murder people whom he dislikes. You are in his territory and surrounded by his cronies. Do you bite your lip and go along with it or cause a massive fuss that would upset the man? I know what most would do.

As you say - Salah is just a footballer - he shouldn't be used as a vehicle for political propaganda. Deciding to retire would be completely justified.

Kapardin

A ruthless warlord shows up whom is known to torture and murder people whom he dislikes. You are in his territory and surrounded by his cronies. Do you bite your lip and go along with it or cause a massive fuss that would upset the man? I know what most would do.

As you say - Salah is just a footballer - he shouldn't be used as a vehicle for political propaganda. Deciding to retire would be completely justified.
I don't think Salah knew who Kadyrov was. People are forgetting he is just a guy in his 20s for all the fame and respect he's getting.

But someone in the Egyptian FA, whoever organized it, is a sympathizer of a potential terrorist/dictator and that is dangerous. There is a rot in the system somewhere.

On the phone while driving

Irrational.

He's been reported to the police by Liverpool after fans filmed him using his phone behind the wheel.

First comment on the story didn't disappoint:

Some so called fan harassing our Mo in traffic for an autograph. No doubt Mo felt intimidated and started texting someone either to raise awareness as to what was happening or to look busy while in traffic. Do our players need security on the way home now? It seems so! Give the players privacy. I can't remember the amount of times I've seen John Aldridge while out and about as he lives near me. Do I harass him? No its not the time nor the place. Some fans are too obsessed we don't own the players they deserve a life away from football. Mo wasn't to know if that fan had a knife or a gun. That sounds extreme but you just don't know. Some have reported Mo to the police while texting while in a car in traffic. Jog on! The police should be involved to see if Mo needs protection while going about his business!
:lol:

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
“The club, after discussion with the player, have made Merseyside Police aware of the footage and the circumstances surrounding it’s capture.”
I'm tempted to report Liverpool FC for crimes against possessive pronouns.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
What's that six points on his license? Firmino's still serving a driving ban, they'll all be taking the bus together soon.