Mo Salah

el3mel

Well, this is much better than that shite show of a statue earlier. :D

Wayne's World

He's become so greedy. Has fame gone to his head?

Seriously looks like he doesn't want to pass the ball to Firmino or Mane in case they steal the limelight

And people say he was so down to earth....he's really shown his true colours this season

padr81

Supports
Man City
I wouldn't say he's turned to shit, he's contributed to as many goals as Hazard this season (who's on great form). But he's very greedy and tonight something I rarely noticed before is himself and Mane hit the ground everytime there was someone near them (albeit not as bad as PSG, who did it whether there was someone near them or not.)

FujiVice

From "the greatest player that ever lived" to not even in the top 3 players on the field.

marktan

He's not really a winger, he's an inside forward, and I think he's suffering from not having enough space in the final third. Last season in the big games they always had Ox up there supporting the attacks, but this season they don't. Mane's the only one that seems to be able to consistently beat his man from a standing start, Salah on the other hand is better at running with the ball inside the box, but he's just not getting it enough there or with enough space.

It just goes to show you how verstaile Messi and Ronaldo are, given they can play both the goal scorer and the creator role very well.

RooneyLegend

Firminho's form is far more concerning. At least Salah has scored goals this season, I'm not quite sure what it is that Firminho is giving them atm.

JoaquinJoaquin

Greedy cnut. Inevitable his luck would run out. Everything he touched turned to gold last season. He’s finding his true level now.
He is still a very good player there is no doubt about that, but he will never have another year like last year as that was unbelievable the amount of good fortune coming off for him.

He's become so greedy. Has fame gone to his head?

Seriously looks like he doesn't want to pass the ball to Firmino or Mane in case they steal the limelight

And people say he was so down to earth....he's really shown his true colours this season
Haven't all three of them been like that for most of the campaign ?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Firminho's form is far more concerning. At least Salah has scored goals this season, I'm not quite sure what it is that Firminho is giving them atm.
this.

Also explains a lot of salah's struggles. He has no proper foil and no 10 either to provide the passes in behind the defence. He got loads from Coutinho doing that. It's too easy to mark him out at times.

I don't think any of our forwards are enjoying how we are mixing it up tactically in attack either this season.

Shark

@NotShark
What is it with Liverpool having players that score a ridiculous amount of goals in a season, still results in them winning feck all, then they fade into mediocrity.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
What is it with Liverpool having players that score a ridiculous amount of goals in a season, still results in them winning feck all, then they fade into mediocrity.
He has 7 goals 3 assists in the league this season. If that is him fading in to mediocrity then there are not many good players in the league.

Truth is he had an insanely good season which was never going to be replicated because he's not Messi or Ronaldo. He is still a very dangerous, productive attacking player however, who will be right up there when the season finishes.

Liverpool haven't been firing on all cylinders thus far and he's been in meh form, so for him still to be getting amongst the goals shows a lot. He's still top class and IMO would start for every side in the league.

Treble

He has 7 goals 3 assists in the league this season. If that is him fading in to mediocrity then there are not many good players in the league.

Truth is he had an insanely good season which was never going to be replicated because he's not Messi or Ronaldo. He is still a very dangerous, productive attacking player however, who will be right up there when the season finishes.

Liverpool haven't been firing on all cylinders thus far and he's been in meh form, so for him still to be getting amongst the goals shows a lot. He's still top class and IMO would start for every side in the league.
Think this is spot on.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Only two people have scored more goals than him in the league, and they are just 1 goal ahead.

I don't know what league you have been watching.

steakpie

He was Messi like last season, this season he still looks like a good player but not Messi class.

Shark

@NotShark
Only two people have scored more goals than him in the league, and they are just 1 goal ahead.

I don't know what league you have been watching.
Guess I was taking about Owen, Torres and Suarez who didn’t fade into mediocrity but Liverpool still won feck all despite his goals.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
this.

Also explains a lot of salah's struggles. He has no proper foil and no 10 either to provide the passes in behind the defence. He got loads from Coutinho doing that. It's too easy to mark him out at times.

I don't think any of our forwards are enjoying how we are mixing it up tactically in attack either this season.
Yeah the 3 lads up top worked so well together. They were interdependent in many ways so the major fall off in Firmino's form has had a big effect on the trio. Still I think Salah is doing ok. Cant hit the stellar standards of last year all the time (unless you're Messi/Ronaldo)!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Liverpool taking a more defensive approach this season also probably hasn't helped him.

Handré1990

Yeah the 3 lads up top worked so well together. They were interdependent in many ways so the major fall off in Firmino's form has had a big effect on the trio. Still I think Salah is doing ok. Cant hit the stellar standards of last year all the time (unless you're Messi/Ronaldo)!
Have to agree with this. Firmino on form is a nightmare on his own, but he facilitates so much for others it’s unreal. Like Benzema did for Ronaldo and others, only Firmino is actually a very dangerous threat in front of goal.

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
I would agree with that too.
Mané and Salah scores at an ok rate. But Firmino is still the most important of the three imo, and he is the one we miss the most to hit form. He made our attack click, and he hasn't been anywhere near his form of last season.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I would agree with that too.
Mané and Salah scores at an ok rate. But Firmino is still the most important of the three imo, and he is the one we miss the most to hit form. He made our attack click, and he hasn't been anywhere near his form of last season.
Isn’t Firmino playing much deeper this season by design though? That would explain a lot

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

Trizy

He seems to have lost a yard or two of pace since Ramos injured him in the CL Final. The shoulder joint is a very underrated part of acceleration.

Nah... he's just gone to shite. Most people agreed at the start of the season that he wasn't going to hit the numbers he did last year. Mix of a purple patch and luck imo.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Klopp losing his long time assistant has clearly resulted in a shift in mentality, and consequently chemistry.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Klopp losing his long time assistant has clearly resulted in a shift in mentality, and consequently chemistry.
It's resulted in us being higher in the table than we were this time last season.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Those writing him off, premature?

Bit of a concern if he's actually coming into form.

Also, if he is, then that will cement him as one of the best players on the planet, outright.

GNRfan

Supports
Liverpool
Much more of a pragmatic approach this season. The PL is a marathon, not a sprint.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He's been involved in 14 goals in the PL this season (joint first). He's joint top scorer too after 16 games. He's been involved in a goal every 93 minutes. If this is a bad season I give up.

Member 114837

He's been involved in 14 goals in the PL this season (joint first). He's joint top scorer too after 16 games. He's been involved in a goal every 93 minutes. If this is a bad season I give up.
I think it's his general play and touch. Too many heavy touches earlier this season. He missed lot of sitters last season too, but he linked really well with Firmino and Mane, and always looked a threat on the counter.