Mo Salah

Briman63

Supports
Liverpool
Hopefully Real Madrid come in for him in the summer, as they will be rebuilding.
Love the way other fans say this, we had it last season and now it's started again, it's like you think we are going to give him away or sell him for peanuts, the amount of money we would get for Salah not only could we get a replacement but we could also strengthen elsewhere, apparently we were going to fall apart when Coutinho left and that didn't happen, in fact we've improved massively, be careful what you wish for.

JoaquinJoaquin

Love the way other fans say this, we had it last season and now it's started again, it's like you think we are going to give him away or sell him for peanuts, the amount of money we would get for Salah not only could we get a replacement but we could also strengthen elsewhere, apparently we were going to fall apart when Coutinho left and that didn't happen, in fact we've improved massively, be careful what you wish for.
Why wouldn't I want our rivals to lose their best players? To be fair you guys have a good scouting team and probably would replace him well, but not every transfer is going to come off for Klopp and as a rival we would hope you would lose Salah and squander the money like Spurs did with Bale.

You have to be realistic at the same time though and know if Real Madrid do come in for him, he will go.

Briman63

Supports
Liverpool
Why wouldn't I want our rivals to lose their best players? To be fair you guys have a good scouting team and probably would replace him well, but not every transfer is going to come off for Klopp and as a rival we would hope you would lose Salah and squander the money like Spurs did with Bale.

You have to be realistic at the same time though and know if Real Madrid do come in for him, he will go.
Yes i get it from your point of view, if we carry on the way we are and start giving Salah the trophies he wants i don't see why it's nailed on he would go to Madrid, i don't follow Madrid but from what i read on social media Madrid look like they are entering a rebuilding stage,

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Bloody hell, forgot all about Coutinho.

JoaquinJoaquin

Yes i get it from your point of view, if we carry on the way we are and start giving Salah the trophies he wants i don't see why it's nailed on he would go to Madrid, i don't follow Madrid but from what i read on social media Madrid look like they are entering a rebuilding stage,
It's the giving the trophies part though. You are clearly going in the right direction but surely Klopp has to start delivering trophies at some point considering the amount of money he has spent. Surely can't get away with being a cheerleader forever.

Briman63

Supports
Liverpool
It's the giving the trophies part though. You are clearly going in the right direction but surely Klopp has to start delivering trophies at some point considering the amount of money he has spent. Surely can't get away with being a cheerleader forever.
I agree, he has to start delivering trophies soon but we are on the right track.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Wenger won 3 FA Cups in 4 years but it still didn't stop a lot of Arsenal fans from wanting him out. So obviously trophies alone are not the be all & end all in today's game.

JoaquinJoaquin

Wenger won 3 FA Cups in 4 years but it still didn't stop a lot of Arsenal fans from wanting him out. So obviously trophies alone are not the be all & end all in today's game.
FA cups though, not the Premier League or the CL which is what the top managers win.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
FA cups though, not the Premier League or the CL which is what the top managers win.
You said trophies. The FA Cup & League Cup are trophies, but they're no longer deemed as a success yardstick. So seeing as Pep's City look like they're setting the bar at a ridiculous height in the PL, other than the CL, it doesn't really leave much to go after does it ?

JoaquinJoaquin

You said trophies. The FA Cup & League Cup are trophies, but they're no longer deemed as a success yardstick. So seeing as Pep's City look like they're setting the bar at a ridiculous height in the PL, other than the CL, it doesn't really leave much to go after does it ?
Well if you guys are happy with Klopp only winning FA and League cups then so be it.

JoaquinJoaquin

We're happy with the job he's doing thus far. Would you want to get rid of a manager who has you well in the title race not having lost a league game yet, & playing some pretty decent stuff too ?
I'm not saying get rid or anything or that persuasion, but just wondering at what stage your fans are going to want more considering the amount of cash he has spent.

gaucho_10

They will be, seen the state of their squad
Sure they will be, after all Real Madrid is known for signing one season wonders.

Can't believe anyone who follows football thinks Salah is a type of player Real Madrid would fo for.

JoaquinJoaquin

Sure they will be, after all Real Madrid is known for signing one season wonders.

Can't believe anyone who follows football thinks Salah is a type of player Real Madrid would fo for.
Not to derail this thread but that current Real Madrid squad is the worst in the last 20 years. It needs heavy investment as you are weak in nearly every department.

gaucho_10

Not to derail this thread but that current Real Madrid squad is the worst in the last 20 years. It needs heavy investment as you are weak in nearly every department.
I'm not going to even comment on your "weak in every department" comment because it too frivolous, it's like some kind of general opinion shared by the general football public, because you all got bored and tired of watching Real Madrid conquer Europe 4 times in last 5 years.

Half of the first team are players no older then 26 years old, just entering their prime, and they have more CL titles between themselves then all of the English club combined.

Ban

I'm not going to even comment on your "weak in every department" comment because it too frivolous, it's like some kind of general opinion shared by the general football public, because you all got bored and tired of watching Real Madrid conquer Europe 4 times in last 5 years.

Half of the first team are players no older then 26 years old, just entering their prime, and they have more CL titles between themselves then all of the English club combined.
It's just funny you diss Salah as one season wonder. He is that in the sense that he had a freak season, this season he's not as good as the last but still good enough to be a PL top scorer.

Varun

Staff

Really? You bought James because he had a good WC ffs.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
What's wrong with his celebrations lately?
I think there may be something in Drogbas comments from last year about him:

"He's unpredictable he can dribble past you easily and he has got stronger and he can score goals," the Chelsea legend told BBC.

"There was time when he was texting me: 'I don't score, I don't know why.' I said: 'It is just a matter of time and confidence.'

"When you have the confidence, everything can happen and you can see now that he is scoring goals.

"He's becoming a boss and a leader - we've seen it in the national team and seen it at Liverpool.

"I can tell by his celebrations that he knows what he's doing now, he's not going crazy but just sticking his tongue out to say, 'yeah it's me.'"

Think it's some kind of "think like boss, be a boss" thing.

minoo-utd

I think there may be something in Drogbas comments from last year about him:

"He's unpredictable he can dribble past you easily and he has got stronger and he can score goals," the Chelsea legend told BBC.

"There was time when he was texting me: 'I don't score, I don't know why.' I said: 'It is just a matter of time and confidence.'

"When you have the confidence, everything can happen and you can see now that he is scoring goals.

"He's becoming a boss and a leader - we've seen it in the national team and seen it at Liverpool.

"I can tell by his celebrations that he knows what he's doing now, he's not going crazy but just sticking his tongue out to say, 'yeah it's me.'"

Think it's some kind of "think like boss, be a boss" thing.
But he celebrates with us ( Egypt national team )!
Is it something with Klopp after he played Origi?

JurgensGlasses

Supports
Liverpool
It looks like what B20 said tbh, He sets himself such high expectations and the pressure on him is huge from himself after last year. After all the media saying there's no way he's going to reach those heights/figures again etc.

Its like with the majority of Liverpool players, somethings just different this season. Van Dijk after settings up the winner v Burnley, Hardly celebrated and was screaming for people to focus up.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
To be fair I'd be a sourpuss if Origi started over me, too... And I'm not talking about me if I were Mo Salah - I'm on about me.

el3mel

People are repeating the same mistake of labelling Kane a one season wonder.

Jev

Yeah, you only buy one World Cup wonders.

You're bonkers if you think Salah is a one season wonder by the way. Anyone with eyes can see he's top-class.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham

Why are people still saying this shit?

He's top scorer in the league. In his second season.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Why are people still saying this shit?

He's top scorer in the league. In his second season.
& he was almost scoring 1 in 2 at Roma while being less of the focal point, on top of doing well internationally.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
& he was almost scoring 1 in 2 at Roma while being less of the focal point, on top of doing well internationally.
Indeed, he's had a pretty clear career progression, it's not like he's come out of nowhere. He was really good at Basel, earned a move to a top Premier League club but it was too soon/Chelsea wasn't the right team, moved on to Italy and found his feet, now he's in the prime of his career at a team which suits him well. He's always been a talented, exciting player and it's hardly unheard of for someone to start finding more consistency/becoming more comfortable in front of goal in their mid 20's.

I'll be honest and say I did not expect him to be as good this season, especially in terms of goals. But it's always been clear he's a very talented player and one of the best attackers around.

AgentP

Salah always seems to have more time on the ball which I think is due to his first world-class first touch .There are moments he messes up like the early chance yesterday. But the number of times he controls balls that are absolutely drilled into him from midfield is amazing.

Lowkey

He seems to be very selfish on the ball and off it which must be very frustrating for Mane and the ladyboy (Firminho) and you can see it on the pitch. I swear they are always asking why he didnt pass to them and he just sticks his hand up.

Good player no doubt

el3mel

He seems to be very selfish on the ball and off it which must be very frustrating for Mane and the ladyboy (Firminho) and you can see it on the pitch. I swear they are always asking why he didnt pass to them and he just sticks his hand up.

Good player no doubt
He created a sitter for Mane yesterday which the idiot missed. Could have shot it himself. Mane is more selfish actually.

Last edited: