Mo Salah

Minimalist

As said already, might just be bad form (or just average form).

Or from another perspective he's just regressing to the typical performance he put in prior to last season (which is definitely an outlier right now). I imagine Klopp's system still favours him to get back to scoring goals on the regular.

Ether

He just looks like he's trying too hard to score every time he gets the ball. Last season his goals came organically, always getting on the end of a . Now it seems like he's somewhat abandoned the team ethic and is looking to shoot on sight, rather than play his natural game.

Don't really like the whole one season wonder tag either. Players can have career years but even if hits "only" 25 goals this season, you couldn't doubt his quality. A one season wonder would be someone like Salah's countryman, Amr Zaki. That guy came out of nowhere and then disappeared off the face of the earth soon after. Salah has always been a quality talent going back to his Basel days, even if he didn't have quite the same level of end product.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Salah regressing to the mean?? So you mean to say, he's not as good as Messi as the Liverpool posters have been claiming all of last season.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Salah regressing to the mean?? So you mean to say, he's not as good as Messi as the Liverpool posters have been claiming all of last season.
Go find a post from a Liverpool fan where that suggestion has been made.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
There's something off with him. It might be a mix of stuff though not just one thing. He's trying too hard, we're not as attacking this season, the ball just isn't falling for him, he's in a bad run of form etc.

It feels strange saying this but our defense has kept us going so far.

Jam

There's something off with him. It might be a mix of stuff though not just one thing. He's trying too hard, we're not as attacking this season, the ball just isn't falling for him, he's in a bad run of form etc.

It feels strange saying this but our defense has kept us going so far.
Saw another Liverpool poster break down why their attack isn't clicking in a good post but can't remember if it was here or somewhere else but it made sense, mainly about Sane/Salah and their differences this year and last year in relation to the team's movement.

I think everyone generally agreed last season was going to be Salah's peak and he wouldn't do the same this season but I don't think it was a total one-off and he'll find form or his place in the slightly different system soon.

He's still better than Sanchez.

arthurka

Saw another Liverpool poster break down why their attack isn't clicking in a good post but can't remember if it was here or somewhere else but it made sense, mainly about Sane/Salah and their differences this year and last year in relation to the team's movement.

I think everyone generally agreed last season was going to be Salah's peak and he wouldn't do the same this season but I don't think it was a total one-off and he'll find form or his place in the slightly different system soon.

He's still better than Sanchez.
And we are much worse than them what´s your point? Salah wouldn´t have scored 25 goals for us last season.

Jam

And we are much worse than them what´s your point? Salah wouldn´t have scored 25 goals for us last season.
I mean, the point is in plain black and white right in front of you.

Salah is currently still better than Sanchez.

That means that Mo Salah is currently playing football better than Alexis Sanchez, both individually and as a member of a team.

wythyred

Looks like he has bought well in to his hype from last season.

Never makes the easy pass and is incredibly greedy.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
David Maddock @MaddockMirror
Mo Salah can't stop breaking records. Fastest to 50 goals in #LFC history is impressive enough, but to do it TWELVE games quicker than next best Albert Stubbins is astonishing. And to leave the likes of Rush, Hunt, Fowler, Torres and Suarez in his wake...mind-blowing.

Games needed to reach 50 goals:

Salah 65
Stubbins 77
Hunt 79
Torres 84
Rush 87
Suarez 91
Fowler 94
Dalglish 99

He was actually only 7/10 last night, but he's still getting the goals. Think he's definitely world class.

Last edited:

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Why does he always look that miserable when he scores? I understand he has to live in Liverpool but still...

DonnieDarko

Supports
Liverpool
He's definitely not at his best, and he looks less happy. He should have got 4 yesterday, but didn't manage to beat the keeper in 1 on 1 twice.
But his overall technique is as good as last year, which is why he still scores.

Mettaur

Supports
Liverpool
Why does he always look that miserable when he scores? I understand he has to live in Liverpool but still...
I think his celebrations have always been quite tame. Normally, he just prays then runs over and celebrate with the assist giver. It was only when he scored in big games or started to break records that his celebrations become more noticable.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
it's obviously meant to be a cartoonish representation.

Should have done a better job on the face and hair though.

Mettaur

Supports
Liverpool
Looks more like Arsene Wenger with an afro.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Anyone ever watch Art Attack in the UK? There was that weird head that used to speak on it. Salah's statue looks like that in a wig.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
:lol:

This deserves the same treatment Ronaldos statue got when they coalesced the statue and the video of him talking.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Looked like he was beginning to regain form, a few weeks ago. Now back to being rubbish.