Mo Salah

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
To be fair I'd be a sourpuss if Origi started over me, too... And I'm not talking about me if I were Mo Salah - I'm on about me.
Sorry to break this to you, but he did start ahead of you. I didn't see you play against Wolves the other day.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Sorry to break this to you, but he did start ahead of you. I didn't see you play against Wolves the other day.
Garth Crooks & Jamie Redknapp are already texting me telling me I should be moving clubs.

Bwuk

He's ridiculously good isn't he? I remember his debut for Liverpool, scored but looked like he had the touch of a donkey. Wasn't convinced he'd be anywhere near as good as he has been.

Would Liverpool fans rate him as better than Suarez was for them?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He's ridiculously good isn't he? I remember his debut for Liverpool, scored but looked like he had the touch of a donkey. Wasn't convinced he'd be anywhere near as good as he has been.

Suarez had more in his locker imo. Probably the most naturally gifted player I've seen play for Liverpool.

Varun

Staff
He seems to be very selfish on the ball and off it which must be very frustrating for Mane and the ladyboy (Firminho) and you can see it on the pitch. I swear they are always asking why he didnt pass to them and he just sticks his hand up.

Good player no doubt
Mane should never ask anyone why they didn't pass to him. fecker passes as a last resort once he's in the box.

I'm no Liverpool fan but Salah is becoming better. Suarez was rampant against mid and lower table teams but he was often marked out of the big games. Salah on the other hand was equally effective against the top 6 and the bottom 6 last season. You could argue it was first season syndrome and nobody knew how to play against him, especially as he had a slow start to this season, but hes coming right into form again now. If he does it again this season there is no question imo.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He's fast but I think he was even faster at Basel. Remember him basically flying down the pitch for Basel.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
I'm no Liverpool fan but Salah is becoming better. Suarez was rampant against mid and lower table teams but he was often marked out of the big games. Salah on the other hand was equally effective against the top 6 and the bottom 6 last season. You could argue it was first season syndrome and nobody knew how to play against him, especially as he had a slow start to this season, but hes coming right into form again now. If he does it again this season there is no question imo.
Peak Suarez was a level above Salah. He used to create alot of chances too

Rouge McDuck

Supports
Liverpool
Suarez was more naturally talented as a footballer. Salah is more productive. Very different players though.

aman92

Supports
Liverpool

I'd say he is more effective....Suarez was probably the more talented ad could conjure some amazing things but tended to get frustrated when marked out of the game. Haven't seen that with Salah. Though slightly aggrieved that Suarez never managed to play in the CL with us.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
He's fast but I think he was even faster at Basel. Remember him basically flying down the pitch for Basel.
Could possibly be him bulking up slightly to adjust to the league, I remember he was quite slight when he first joined and was bullied off it a little bit. Now defenders just bounce off him and he can roll them with ease whilst still being quick enough to out pace most defenders.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Could possibly be him bulking up slightly to adjust to the league, I remember he was quite slight when he first joined and was bullied off it a little bit. Now defenders just bounce off him and he can roll them with ease whilst still being quick enough to out pace most defenders.
Yep. Noticed that too, he's a lot stronger but seems to have lost a couple yards of pace. It's made him a better dribbler, funnily enough.

Most impressive improvement though is in his first touch. Earlier this season it looked erratic, like it was in Italy. Yesterday was back to last season's level. When he's in this form he's unplayable

Btw, about the suarez comparison: suarez is the third best player of the last decade. It's not even close. At times, he's been genuinely as good as Messi/Cristiano. Check out his 15/16 season for barcelona...

Bwuk

Yep. Noticed that too, he's a lot stronger but seems to have lost a couple yards of pace. It's made him a better dribbler, funnily enough.

Most impressive improvement though is in his first touch. Earlier this season it looked erratic, like it was in Italy. Yesterday was back to last season's level. When he's in this form he's unplayable

Btw, about the suarez comparison: suarez is the third best player of the last decade. It's not even close. At times, he's been genuinely as good as Messi/Cristiano. Check out his 15/16 season for barcelona...
I agree but I meant for his Liverpool performances vs Salah.

Minimalist

Should have got a bucket load last night.

Definitely back to being a total nightmare for defenders.

Liverpool Wanker.

Obi-Red-Kenobi

Supports
Liverpool

I Would, on the basis that he has scored at a quicker rate than Suarez, and becuase his goal scoring numbers have been incredible.

Suarez, however did have a crazy spell doe about 20-25 games, where instead of watching in awe, I found myself laughing at how good we has. The 4 goals against Norwich, has to include thbest hattrick I have ever seen.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Suarez was another level I think. The level of skill and arrogance that dripped off him was ridiculous.
My favourite Suarez goal was (funnily enough as he scored loads against them) against Norwich at Carrow Road.
He'd just missed a sitter and put the ball wide. Norwich fans naturally jeered and booed him. From the resulting goal kick, the keeper plays it just outside the box to the centre back. Suarez nips in, takes the ball, nutmeg the defender for good measure and then bends it round the keeper with the outside of his boot.
Salah is amazing but he's not at Suarez' level yet. He's only 26 though so could still get better

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
How highly is he rated on here now? Statistically only Messi has more goals since start of last season.

SambaBoy

Seems the general consensus on here is that Suarez was the better player? What about Torres when he was at Liverpool v Salah?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Seems the general consensus on here is that Suarez was the better player? What about Torres when he was at Liverpool v Salah?
That's a better comparison. I'd plug for salah. Torres played for a more defensive team which needs to be factored in with goals ratio and had sexier technique. He'd also have more anonymous games and runs of poor form though. Salah shows up more and I think influences games more outside of goals than torres did.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Who posted one season wonder in this thread, be honest.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Madrid are going to break the bank for him in the summer i feel. Talking neymar money.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid are going to break the bank for him in the summer i feel. Talking neymar money.
We'll get Sergio on the case "look mister salah, i'm not saying if you don't come i will do bad things to you, but i'm also not not saying it....what will it be?"

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
City have had KdB return this Christmas to bolster their second half of the season.

We just had Mo Salah return to the first team. :D:D:D

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
So humble and down to earth. A very Likeable character .

Good going Salah !