Television Modern Family

Cina

no I believe that's in the very first episode when Cam introduces the baby to the family?

He is surely the greatest gay character ever. Cracks me up beyond belief some times. (queue gay jokes)

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Loving this show, this and The Middle are the best two sitcoms on network telly right now

* The Office is unwatchable now it's so bad.

Cina

The Office is actually good this season, I can't believe they're continuing once Carrell leaves though, I'm definitely done when he's done.

The Middle is rubbish.

GingerPrince11

The Office is actually good this season, I can't believe they're continuing once Carrell leaves though, I'm definitely done when he's done.

The Middle is rubbish.
I kind of find it intolerable with him now, especially with Holly. I always look forward to the others, ie. creed and kevin.

And that lion king scene was jokes, after Mitchell was arguing with his family.

Alex

:lol::lol: When Luke goes in the old neighbors house who gets oxygen via a nasal cannula he holds his breath because he doesnt think there is any O2 in there:lol::lol::lol:

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
:lol::lol: When Luke goes in the old neighbors house who gets oxygen via a nasal cannula he holds his breath because he doesnt think there is any O2 in there:lol::lol::lol:
Me and Mrs. 77 were guffawing at that one.

poisson

broken record, best ignored.
Two episodes from Season 3 were out yesterday (Not sure if they were really out yesterday but thats when I saw them).

Anyway, I'm glad to say they were still fun to watch. Great show this!

Lilly has grown so much!!!

Cina

Yeah they were very funny. Was great to see Ty Burrell win the Emmy, he's the funniest man on TV right now. Although Cam is hilarious too!

Cina

I wouldn't say "easily". Jesse Tyler Ferguson is great too

Member 39557

I thought the first season was funny, I'm getting a bit bored of it now though. Every week seems to be the Gay couple trying to outdo each other in some way, having a minor tiff and then making up and it's got a bit stale. It's all about Phil and the big breasted columbian for me.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I think the third season is the funniest season so far especially with the fourth episode, Door to Door. I got into this show last weekend and I am already caught up. Ty Burrell is freaking hilarious and I think he is the funniest character on the show.

Bear Attack

I thought the first season was funny, I'm getting a bit bored of it now though. Every week seems to be the Gay couple trying to outdo each other in some way, having a minor tiff and then making up and it's got a bit stale. It's all about Phil and the big breasted columbian for me.
Yeah, I think that it is getting a bit stale. The jokes are a bit too obvious and it lacks that spark it had in the first season.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
By far the best US sitcom around at the moment. Superbly plotted, scripted and acted.

Cina

Hilarious still, in my opinion.

Phil and the stun gun this week :lol:

Oh and Hayley, the older she gets the less guilty I feel about how hot she is. This week :drool:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
It is a true US sitcom but that is its strength as long as you don't expect anything else.

cinc

It is a true US sitcom but that is its strength as long as you don't expect anything else.
Its a lot more formulaic than most:

- put the family into 3-4 groups and send them to side adventures
- each group should have an inside conflict
- there is a family gathering where it becomes obvious that every little conflict is based on the same problem, dividing the family
- someone oversteps his/her problem and the family rejoices as the conflicts resolve.
- someone makes an astute observation.

Dont get me wrong, I like it a lot, but lately I got tired of it a bit.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Its a lot more formulaic than most:

- put the family into 3-4 groups and send them to side adventures
- each group should have an inside conflict
- there is a family gathering where it becomes obvious that every little conflict is based on the same problem, dividing the family
- someone oversteps his/her problem and the family rejoices as the conflicts resolve.
- someone makes an astute observation.

Dont get me wrong, I like it a lot, but lately I got tired of it a bit.
agreed. if there were poor actors and no eye candy it'd be unwatchable.

Ray Peterson

Reserve Team Player
agreed. if there were poor actors and no eye candy it'd be unwatchable.
I wouldn't go that far, but it's definitely gone stale due to every episode being very similar. The Phil Dunphy character saves it for me, much like the Sue Heck character makes The Middle watchable.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
alright. I don't watch a lot of TV so when I do I expect more (or too much?)and MF is not working as much for me anymore.
30 Rock was also very good but haven't seen that for ages.
Hot in Cleveland is crap imo but my wife likes it.

the one with Christina Appelgate: only seen one or two but it's not that good.

so......hoping MF picks it up soon.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
The League, watch it if you've not seen it. Trust me on this.

Modern Fam is still good.

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Sky have really meddled with the continuity of showing new episodes in the UK. I've seen the whole 1st series, but then they decide to randomly show new episodes, old episodes, new episode repeats.. I really have no clue what I have seen and what I have not. It's a great show though. Sort it out Sky.

Cina

Fantastic episode yet again, I honestly don't think there has been a bad one!
I think there has been a big decline in season 3 personally.

Phil has basically carried the show at times.