Modric vs Sneijder vs Nasri - a muppet poll

Who would do best at United?

• Total voters

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
Modric. The way he plays is what we need the most at the moment.

Sneijder is probably the best of the three but in terms of coming to United and slotting in to fill a much needed gap it has to be Modric for me. Then Nasri, then Sneijder.

I'd be happy with any of the three mind.
Modric
Nasri
Sneijder.

In that order.
Best player - Sneijder
Most suited to us - Modric
Cheapest/youngest - Nasri

My choice is Modric.
Modric is the most complete midfielder of the 3 in my opinion, he gets my vote.
Modric as i think he's the nearest thing to a Scholes replacement out there & thats what we need.
Modric. By quite a bit.
Modric would fit in to our team best and has Premier League experience. Shoe-in, for me.
I concur. Modric is my most preferred choice. Right now it looks the least likely.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Who do you think he showed this for? For Inter he often played ahead of Zanetti, Motta and Cambiasso in a 4312, or in a 4213 ahead of Cambiasso and Motta. That's at least two energetic holding midfielders behind him for the vast majority of his time there. For Hollans at the World Cup he had Van Bommel and De Jong behind him, one pure defensive midfielder and a tough-tackling holding midfielder, playing in a 4231. For Madrid he played in a 2 in a 4231 or on the wing, and he was the player subbed off more than any other Madrid player in his time there (which surely suggests something about his ability to go box-to-box for 90 mins) and looked defensively liable.

Modric on the other hand has played in a straight 442 for the vast majority of the last 15 months alongside Huddlestone - someone less defensively capable than Carrick - mainly, at times alongside Sandro or Palacios. To me someone playing in a 2 man midfield gets through a lot more work than someone in the hole in the 4231 - as can be seen by the huge difference in distance covered for Giggs in 'cm' and 'am' - and thus is more box to box.
Just as a follow-on point to this, the one time they faced each other and played the whole game, Modric ran over 3/4 of a mile more and was more 'box to box'. Modric covered over 11km in that match. If you look at the second leg of the first knockout stages, Modric runs over 1km more than Sneijder again. Sneijder in the second leg of the QF is subbed off on the 80th minute with just under 9km, Modric in the 83rd minute covering just over 10km.

See here for the game of Inter and Spurs.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
The Modric dream is over so its between Nasri and Sneijder. I'd love Sneijder but I doubt we will pay 35m plus a crazy salary so its more likely to be Nasri.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
The Modric dream is over so its between Nasri and Sneijder. I'd love Sneijder but I doubt we will pay 35m plus a crazy salary so its more likely to be Nasri.
I agree and the sums we talking about is absurd. No way we pay Sneijder over 200k/week, that's close to 10m/year. That alone give us a indication how wrong this is.

Then is David Gill who after we bought Berbatov has said United's transfer policy will now focus on developing youngsters, rather than bringing in expensive, older players.

I can't see this happened. Maybe I'm old and cynical but the logic isn't there. Buying Nasri for 20-25m fit's the bill 100%, Sneijder don't.

RUUD_10_LEGEND

Sneijder's not a bad second option, does anyone really see us signing him? I feel like he's become like a mythical creature (such as a Unicorn or a Karim Benzema) for Manchester United.
Brilliant :lol::lol::lol:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I agree and the sums we talking about is absurd. No way we pay Sneijder over 200k/week, that's close to 10m/year. That alone give us a indication how wrong this is.

Then is David Gill who after we bought Berbatov has said United's transfer policy will now focus on developing youngsters, rather than bringing in expensive, older players.

I can't see this happened. Maybe I'm old and cynical but the logic isn't there. Buying Nasri for 20-25m fit's the bill 100%, Sneijder don't.
It's just common sense really. I reckon we aren't even after Sneijder. As you said though, this Nasri deal is right up Fergie/United's street. It literally does tick all the boxes.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Sneijder is staying at Inter.
Modric will join Chelsea or remain in Tottenham.
Nasri will join Man Sh*tty or stay at Arsenal...

I think we've just missed out on everyone. [/poll]

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Sneijder is staying at Inter.
Modric will join Chelsea or remain in Tottenham.
Nasri will join Man Sh*tty or stay at Arsenal...

I think we've just missed out on everyone. [/poll]
None of the scenarios you have mentioned are even close to be confirmed.

VoetbalWizard

the ones that hurt IMO are the madrid signings of the last two years....imagine if we had gotten ozil and sahin for 20 million combined.

would be sorted for the next 7 years.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
the ones that hurt IMO are the madrid signings of the last two years....imagine if we had gotten ozil and sahin for 20 million combined.

would be sorted for the next 7 years.
Yeah we could have got Ozil and Sneidjer for around £15m each and then Sahin for around £8m. I would have been happy if we just had Ozil.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Sneijder's the most open at the moment. Some momentum has been building recently and Sneijder's comment saying that 'He will go if Inter sells him' leaves the door wide open.
Compared to the other two I agree. It's the least impossible. But when the player will isn't there, I doubt that we'll be ready to put enough money on the table to force him out. He is not a "rising star" or a "young prospect".. He is an established star, and Inter won't let him go for cheap (if they do), especially now that he wants to stay. If we were Chelsea or Man Sh*tty, I won't write him off though, but fortunately we are not.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Love how Nasri was running away with the poll a few days ago, and now Sneijder has gone from the bottom to nearly the top. :lol:

RK

None of them are a great fit. We need a central goal assister and a excellent passer that can defend when needed.

I went with Sneijder because the other two don't get many assists (4 in the league between them, but obviously I've watched them and their positions/passes too). I'd choose Nasri over Modric for his ability in the final third.

Also I voted before reading the thread (besides the opening post).