Modric vs Sneijder vs Nasri - a muppet poll

Who would do best at United?

• Total voters

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Cards on the table time.

Which midfielder would the caf prefer?

If you want to discuss how likely any of them is to join United or not, or how much it would cost to sign them, then fill your boots in the relevant thread.

This thread is purely for gauging opinions on which player would be the biggest success if they joined United this summer.

MUFCgal

Nasri - Transfer fee wouldn't be as high as it would be for either Modric or Sneijder, and wages as well (especially concerning Sneijder, with the wages he allegedly wants).

Plus Nasri is proven in the PL.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Best player - Sneijder

Most realistic buy - Nasri

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Before the summer started, I was gunning for Sneijder. However, I had no idea that Nasri would come available and considering his age/talent/low risk he's the obvious choice imo.

Far more creative/imaginative than Modric, scores more goals and more importantly would weaken a title rival. No brainer for me.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
Modric. The way he plays is what we need the most at the moment.

Sneijder is probably the best of the three but in terms of coming to United and slotting in to fill a much needed gap it has to be Modric for me. Then Nasri, then Sneijder.

I'd be happy with any of the three mind.

buckooo1978

Sneijder is the best footballer of the 3 so he gets my vote

modric is a little too lightweight for me despite his ability

nasri has the potential but not as good as Sneijder imo

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Best player - Sneijder
Most suited to us - Modric
Cheapest/youngest - Nasri

My choice is Modric.

MacMUFC

Samir Nas-e-ri as i've said since the beginning of the summer. Although if we sign him I hope we dont sing that awful song.

Although I must say, Modric is closely behind.

I dont want Sneijder at all.

Lance Uppercut

Sneijder. I don't particularly care if we get Modric. I don't want Nasri.

I'm always right

Nasri gets my vote as I think any of the 3 would be a great coup and would strengthen us but only 1 will seriously piss off Arsenal fans (well it's only really storey and alastair I want to see cry).

Cina

he's right though. Not sure why so many debate it. Sneijder would be best suited to play in the hole that our best player was thriving in on the back end of last season.

That midfield needs to be built to let Rooney operate within that hole as freely as is possible which I think is why Modric would be the best choice of the 3.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
he's right though. Not sure why so many debate it. Sneijder would be best suited to play in the hole that our best player was thriving in on the back end of last season.

That midfield needs to be built to let Rooney operate within that hole as freely as is possible which I think is why Modric would be the best choice of the 3.
Basically this

Best player - Sneijder
Most suited to us - Modric
Cheapest/youngest - Nasri

My choice is Modric.
And this.

I'm always right

Let's not do this again.

Giggs can play in a 2-man, so can Nasri, Sneijder, Modric. All these players have done it at some point in their careers.

It's a silly debate, we'll see when we buy said player if he can or can't but for me, most good footballers can, and these 3 are all a bit special.

Lance Uppercut

Let's not do this again.

Giggs can play in a 2-man, so can Nasri, Sneijder, Modric. All these players have done it at some point in their careers.

It's a silly debate, we'll see when we buy said player if he can or can't but for me, most good footballers can, and these 3 are all a bit special.
Thank you.

Cina

Let's not do this again.

maybe I should reiterate here, I'm not trying to suggest Sneijder CAN'T play in a 2 man midfield, but more so that if he was played in it he'd be limited as to what he could do because Rooney would be playing in the hole and they'd be counter-acting each other in a way.

Likewise if we went for a 3 man midfield to accommodate Sneijder to the best of his abilities then Rooney would be upfront alone again and not playing as good as he can be.

Either way we're limiting the best player we have which is why Modric would be the better choice because he wouldn't interfere with Rooney nearly as much.

Devil may care

Nasri - More talented than Modric and younger than Sneijder. I trust Fergie knows more than me about how he'd fit into our system so I'm not concerned about the 2 man midfield question.

MacMUFC

Sneijder couldnt hack the pace of the Premier League in a 2 man midfield, where he predominantly played in Spain for Madrid. Giggs and Scholes are one offs - exceptions to the rule - how many other 37 year olds do you see playing at the top level in midfield?

No doubt that Sneijder has become a better player since then, but he was infamously taken off around the 60 minute mark because of stamina issues; a bit like our man Anderson.

Look, dont get me wrong, he's a wonderful player, but Nasri and Modric are clearly more suited to us in my eyes.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Nasri gets alot of goals from CM. Modric had 5 last year, Nasri 17... we've been crying out for a goal threat from CM for years and years.

I'm always right

maybe I should reiterate here, I'm not trying to suggest Sneijder CAN'T play in a 2 man midfield, but more so that if he was played in it he'd be limited as to what he could do because Rooney would be playing in the hole and they'd be counter-acting each other in a way.
Fair enough, so we're not saying they can't, just deciding where they are best.

Sneijder may well be better in Rooney's position, but at the same time he'd also be a massive upgrade on what we have in central midfield, same goes for Nasri.

Just because you might think their best position is Rooney's position it doesn't necessarily mean they wouldn't do as good a job as Modric in CM.

Nasri would offer us the most options.

Cina

Fair enough, so we're not saying they can't, just deciding where they are best.

Sneijder may well be better in Rooney's position, but at the same time he'd also be a massive upgrade on what we have in central midfield, same goes for Nasri.

Just because you might think their best position is Rooney's position it doesn't necessarily mean they wouldn't do as good a job as Modric in CM.

Nasri would offer us the most options.
Well of course not Sharky, but you do you have to base things on what you've seen from them in the past and on my part I think Modric would be the best of the 3 to play behind Rooney and let him perform as best as he can.

For me it's all about buying midfielders to allow Rooney to perform at the top of his game and we saw at times last season how well that worked (Chelsea mainly) and at other times how our midfield weaknesses didn't work (Arsenal and pool) to allow him to work his magic.

mufcwarm92

Modric would fit in to our team best and has Premier League experience. Shoe-in, for me.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Modric. The way he plays is what we need the most at the moment.
My choice is Modric.
Modric is the most complete midfielder of the 3 in my opinion, he gets my vote.
Modric as i think he's the nearest thing to a Scholes replacement out there & thats what we need.
Modric. By quite a bit.
Modric :drool:

I'm always right

Well of course not Sharky, but you do you have to base things on what you've seen from them in the past and on my part I think Modric would be the best of the 3 to play behind Rooney and let him perform as best as he can.

For me it's all about buying midfielders to allow Rooney to perform at the top of his game and we saw at times last season how well that worked (Chelsea mainly) and at other times how our midfield weaknesses didn't work (Arsenal and pool) to allow him to work his magic.
And that's a much better argument than "can't play in a 2" which for me is nonsense with most quality players.

I thought Rooney played best with Giggs and Carrick behind, so for me it's all about replacing Giggs who scores goals and has plenty of assists, hence why I feel Nasri is best suited to that job. No doubt the other 2 would be great too.