Mohammed Kudus | Watch

TsuWave

Has looked excellent for West Ham:

Technically excellent - press resistant - incredibly hard to dispossess, good in tight spaces and with both feet, creative and with some real moments of quality/genius. Only 23 years old - this was the guy to buy from Ajax

Engineered their turn around at Burnley today:

bosskeano

ffs...and we bought Mount over this guy who played for EtH at Ajax. no wonder we fecking suck horse cvck this season

which is funny how badly we've played, marcus couldn't score in the red light district yet we win tomorrow and we're only 4 points from Pool and City who sit 2nd and 3rd

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Almost as bad as when we had the ex Dutch national team manager (LVG) but instead of targeting Van Dijk at the time for £15m from Celtic, he wanted Rojo.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Has looked excellent for West Ham:

Technically excellent - press resistant - incredibly hard to dispossess, good in tight spaces and with both feet, creative and with some real moments of quality/genius. Only 23 years old - this was the guy to buy from Ajax

Engineered their turn around at Burnley today:

4 players shadowing him on the first goal and he still gets the cross and assist in. On the second, he turns the other way and crosses on his other side. Just an enormous problem to contain.

TsuWave

4 players shadowing him on the first goal and he still gets the cross and assist in. On the second, he turns the other way and crosses on his other side. Just an enormous problem to contain.
I feel like you're the only person that understands me on this - dragged four players for the first assist. My head is so hot man.

the way he received the ball and turned and beat two man immediately. feckkk

GlasgowCeltic

great if we’re seeing the return of players being willing to get to the byline without turning back in him and Doku

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I feel like you're the only person that understands me on this - dragged four players for the first assist. My head is so hot man.

the way he received the ball and turned and beat two man immediately. feckkk
That’s my kind of player, tbh. Hold them to high scrutiny as it’s a joy to watch them work and hypnotise opponents. The kid looks mentally sharp, not just talented; doesn’t dribble if he doesn’t have to; doesn’t hold on to the ball when the opening to release is there; is direct and forward-thinking.

I’d love to know how he ended up where he is because it’s a profile top clubs seek in their droves.

Righteous Steps

Surprised he never went to a bigger club but the move is on the way, West Ham have two of the better technical midfielders/forwards in the league with him and Paqueta, won’t be surprised if City become interested in him also before long.

NZT-One

That’s my kind of player, tbh. Hold them to high scrutiny as it’s a joy to watch them work and hypnotise opponents. The kid looks mentally sharp, not just talented; doesn’t dribble if he doesn’t have to; doesn’t hold on to the ball when the opening to release is there; is direct and forward-thinking.

I’d love to know how he ended up where he is because it’s a profile top clubs seek in their droves.
Maybe because a few other exports from the Dutch league failed. In our case, take the first point and add that the guy plays on Brunos position mainly. IF you have no intention of replacing Bruno aka our captain, why go for a player who won't be content with being a backup...? Not saying we didnt make a mistake here but the reasoning is understandable to a degree. If things go well, maybe we will go for dribblers in 2028 when the club finally got the memo.

TsuWave

Maybe because a few other exports from the Dutch league failed. In our case, take the first point and add that the guy plays on Brunos position mainly. IF you have no intention of replacing Bruno aka our captain, why go for a player who won't be content with being a backup...? Not saying we didnt make a mistake here but the reasoning is understandable to a degree. If things go well, maybe we will go for dribblers in 2028 when the club finally got the memo.
The whole “other exports from dutch league failed” is redcafe logic that clubs don’t use - thankfully.

He didn’t end up elsewhere because Chelsea went for Palmer. Arsenal doesn’t have a need. Liverpool prioritised central midfield areas. City is stacked. United would have been a good destination, but we somehow ended up with Mount - a transfer many of us were “???” about.

And he doesn’t just operate centrally (as in direct competition with Bruno - though I’d argue he has a lot of qualities that Bruno doesn’t) - he’s been playing wide for West Ham, effectively. He would have been an upgrade on all our options on the right.

It was bad timing for him, but he'll get his moves if he maintains this level

Last edited:

NZT-One

The whole “other exports from dutch league failed” is redcafe logic that clubs don’t use - thankfully.

He didn’t end up elsewhere because Chelsea went for Palmer. Arsenal doesn’t have a need. Liverpool prioritised central midfield areas. City is stacked. United would have been a good destination, but we somehow ended up with Mount - a transfer many of us were “???” about.

And he doesn’t just operate centrally (as in direct competition with Bruno - though I’d argue he has a lot of qualities that Bruno doesn’t) - he’s been playing wide for West Ham, effectively. He would have been an upgrade on all our options on the right.

It was bad timing for him, but he'll get his moves if he maintains this level
You might have misunderstood me. I don't want to make the player look bad. I just tried to answer the question.

And for us, the player wouldn't have made any sense. As you say - Mount was a suprise but he is certainly more suited to any form of CM play than Kudus. And he cost Westham 43 million EUR, why would we want to splash that on a Backup Nr. 10? After the definitive other failed exports of VDB and Antony? Again - I am not saying that a player like Kudus wouldn't be of use to us - absolutely not. But you don't go out and splash such an amount on an Option B number 10 while Option A is your captain and never injured. And you don't do that especially if the actual profile you are trying to fill is that of an all around midfield player.

I am not saying, that this thinking is correct or that instead bringing in Mount would be correct. But it makes more sense than going for Kudus at this point in time. We have to stop trying to bring in players just because they can be good. They have to be good AND they have to fit into a plan. (And just FYI, have a look into the Bruno thread, I am the last one thinking he is untouchable and I'd love to see a player with a wider skillset in his position. But it seems that ETH is hellbent on the guy, then he should try to make it work somehow)

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Make sense that we even buy the wrong players from the Dutch league. From those clips his close control, ability to thrive in tight spaces and use his body when under physical pressure are exactly (aside from playmaking) what we lack in the midfield to attack transition phase. As usual we are poor in the market and allow talents to fly right under our noses. Hopefully with the ownership changes we overhaul how this club is run.

kaku06

Seems like we can’t trust our manager to get the right players even from his old club. The players he himself has managed. How does that even make sense? :houllier:

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Was also one of the best players at the world cup, a freak of nature. His mentality was a bit questionable at Ajax at times, a bit lazy and unmotivated.

But that strength, speed, size, balance, quick feet, two footedness and finishing. He's toying in the PL.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Carries the ball after the breaking free, lays it off after carry with a progressive pass out to to the left flank and then carries on his run into the box. Meanwhile, the ball is played out far right with a beautiful pass from that left flank lay off. The ball is played low into Kudus from that right flank and he finishes it off.

All because he can break free and make those carries at pace so that his team can capitalise on the disarray his actions have caused.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
What stands out most with him is his intelligence. Very little wasted action; doesn’t run mindlessly; carries when he’s supposed to; passes it off after a carry; perpetually moves into spaces off the ball.

TsuWave

Carries the ball after the breaking free, lays it off after carry with a progressive pass out to to the left flank and then carries on his run into the box. Meanwhile, the ball is played out far right with a beautiful pass from that left flank lay off. The ball is played low into Kudus from that right flank and he finishes it off.

All because he can break free and make those carries at pace so that his team can capitalise on the disarray his actions have caused.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Missed 25 games in 20/21 and 25 games in 21/22. Knee, ankle and rib fracture. Guess that last one (8 games) could be poor luck.

Only missed 6 games last season (hamstring).
Ah, so possibly doubts whether his body would hold up.

He looks like someone who West Ham will make a fortune off of in a year or two.

Idxomer

Ajax fans, was he like this for you? I don’t understand how we overlooked this signing unless he’s taken a meteoric leap since arriving in the uk.
He was the best dribbler in the group stages in the last World Cup and was very good in the CL too.

It was overlooked because Ten Hag has a poor eye for talent even among players he trained.

TsuWave

Missed 25 games in 20/21 and 25 games in 21/22. Knee, ankle and rib fracture. Guess that last one (8 games) could be poor luck.

Only missed 6 games last season (hamstring).
Did you group both games missed for Ajax and National team?

Oh, was/is he injury prone?
Looking at his injury record nothing stands out as alarming. He had a miniscus injury which was responsible for a good chunk of those missed games in 20/21. And he had a rib fracture which was responsible for most of the games he missed in 21/22. Rib fractures aren't really a recurrent thing

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
While €43m is not exactly cheap fee, it's still not so excessive what club paid for Anto or Mount.

Player's profile could suit this team, in need of fresh energy, but ship probably sailed, anyway.

Redstain

Ajax fans, was he like this for you? I don’t understand how we overlooked this signing unless he’s taken a meteoric leap since arriving in the uk.
Due to a manager that's poor at identifying good players to target, as was described by Ajax fans before he became the United manager.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The discrepancy between what was bought and what was passed over - by one who was hands on with both - is astonishing.

SRB87

Supports
ACU
Was surprised we werent in for him. Had a great world cup and we could have used him, obviously. Sad reality is that we could have basically gotten Kudus and Diaby for the price of Antony. Legit insane.

devaneios

Supports
São Paulo FC
This guy is much better than Antony and would cost half the price... Your manager trained both recently...

:lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Was surprised we werent in for him. Had a great world cup and we could have used him, obviously. Sad reality is that we could have basically gotten Kudus and Diaby for the price of Antony. Legit insane.
That sums up this club perfectly.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Reminds of Mane. Could legitimately see him playing for a side like Liverpool in a couple of years.

kaku06

He signed how many of his former players(?) and he decided to pass on Kudus. This has irritated me immensely. The bald prick should be slapped non stop until he reveals us why he didn’t want to sign Kudus.