Mohammed Kudus | Watch

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Whenever he starts to dribble I never feel like he's going to lose the ball.

TsuWave

One of the best buys this season - and I’m not even doing a good job at updating this thread, missed some of his assists and contributions.

What a player

TsuWave

Has a decent game, thread gets bumped. He's been bang ordinary for weeks
Without even accounting for his contribution in the build up of many of their goals - he’s often the carrier - he’s assisted and scored in 3 of their last 5 games. He’s only ever really in the blanks when West Ham have car crash performances as a team.

He’s on 15 goals and 5 assists for them this season.

edit - corrected his goal tally from 13 to 15 (transfermakt hadn't updated the brace he bagged today when I made the post)

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Without even accounting for his contribution in the build up of many of their goals - he’s often the carrier - he’s assisted and scored in 3 of their last 5 games. He’s only ever really in the blanks when West Ham have car crash performances as a team.

He’s on 13 goals and 5 assists for them this season.
No doubt his own individual ability but I think they just have an incredibly strong attack now with him, Paqueta and Bowen (Who is on 17 goals and 6 assists).

GledTheRed

He’s on 13 goals and 5 assists for them this season.
Stat padding in Europe against shite, he's got five goals in the league playing as a wide forward.

TsuWave

Stat padding in Europe against shite, he's got five goals in the league playing as a wide forward.
I don’t know what he’s done to you, but you said he’s been bang ordinary for weeks. He hasn’t. These are his match ratings:

17/02 vs Forest - 6.6
26/02 vs Brentford - 7.4
02/03 vs Everton - 7.2
07/03 vs Freiburg - 7.6
10/03 vs Burnley - 7.0
14/03 vs Freiburg - 8.6

He has a really high floor performance wise, which isn’t shocking considering how good he is technically. oh, and he plays for West Ham. Like I said, his productivity doesn’t even fully reflect how good he’s been for them because he’s often the carrier and makes the pass before the assist for a lot of their goals.

Woziak

Playing for a negative David Moyes, we bought Antony for twice the value from the same team, now which United fan wouldn’t swap Antony for Kudas right now and what makes it worse is ETH knew about him, knew Kudas has genuine PL physicality and pace unlike Antony!

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
I rate him but seems you lot rate him higher because he was signed for Ajax for half the Antony fee. Get over it.
Precisely. Here we have 2 players from the same team, played for same manager. If one got purchased for almost twice the money wouldn't that player be rated as the bigger talent and therefore more expected of them?

How's Kudus "stat padding"? I wish Antony or any of our players could stat pad against these supposedly shite teams. Oh " HeS OnLy gOt FiVe GoAls iN tHe LeAgUe". Please tell me how many Antony scored in 2 seasons? That's right, 4!

Last edited:

Brightonian

I do think it's important to remember the bar for players we'd like to have at United is not 'performing better than Antony'.

GledTheRed

Precisely. Here we have 2 players from the same team, played for same manager. If one got purchased for almost twice the money wouldn't that player be rated as the bigger talent and therefore more expected of them?

How's Kudus "stat padding"? I wish Antony or any of our players could stat pad against these supposedly shite teams. Oh " HeS OnLy gOt FiVe GoAls iN tHe LeAgUe". Please tell me how many Antony scored in 2 seasons? That's right, 4!
Boring same dumb Kudus/ Antony comparison every time the former scores a goal.

steve zizou

It's bigger than that, honest!
I do think it's important to remember the bar for players we'd like to have at United is not 'performing better than Antony'.
Which is fine as Kudus is having a better season than pretty much any United forward right now.

People only still comparing him Antony due the similarities in their careers. Same position, same club, same manager. When in fact it's a disservice to Kudus to be even having a Kudus vs Antony debate at this point.

Brightonian

Which is fine as Kudus is having a better season than pretty much any United forward right now.

People only still comparing him Antony due the similarities in their careers. Same position, same club, same manager. When in fact it's a disservice to Kudus to be even having a Kudus vs Antony debate at this point.
Yep agree with this. I didn't mean Kudus wasn't great, just that seeing 'better than Antony' in every thread is increasingly meaningless.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Definitely justified the £38m fee West Ham paid for him. Cole Palmer's £42.5m to Chelsea still a better deal though.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Definitely justified the £38m fee West Ham paid for him. Cole Palmer's £42.5m to Chelsea still a better deal though.
Chelsea are a weird one. They could still probably beat anyone on their day (they gave city away a far better game than us) and have a top 4 squad on paper but there seems to be a major malaise there too, like here. If the players don’t fancy it or someone makes a mistake they all just fold and blame each other.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Chelsea are a weird one. They could still probably beat anyone on their day (they gave city away a far better game than us) and have a top 4 squad on paper but there seems to be a major malaise there too, like here. If the players don’t fancy it or someone makes a mistake they all just fold and blame each other.
My view is they invested in too many young and talented players from oversea all at once and just need time to gel, but that's for another thread.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Just because the references to ‘he scored two goals’ in this thread certainly gives off the impression that nobody actually saw them!

WirralRed

He has scored again but in controversial circumstances
Yeah think by the letter of law, the reff shouldn’t have let them take the free kick, but I’m glad he did, I’m sick of seeing players fake injury all the time to slow down the game.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He is such a good player. Pace, close control, strength, agility, he can pass, he can score. Why isn’t he here?

The season could have been very different if we had taken a chance on this lad instead.

Woziak

He is such a good player. Pace, close control, strength, agility, he can pass, he can score. Why isn’t he here?

The season could have been very different if we had taken a chance on this lad instead.
I remember saying this in May/June that for £40m he will be one of the signings of the season, irony is he can play in the dual 8/10 hybrid midfield role as well as RW/LW and number 10, how have we spent £140m on Mason Mount and Antony when this guy was known to ETH and his team and could have replaced both of those players for £40-45m, the club could have bought another top class striker/No 9 with other £90-95m?

I genuinely think he was behind Mason Mount on our list for this type of player, Myrtough needs to be sacked this summer without any questions asked!

Woziak

I remember that a few United fans me including was calling out this kid just because of his tactical nous and his flexibility but a lot of United fans didn’t want him, now he would cost £80-90m minimum but we should offer West Ham Antony plus £50m this summer. What makes this worse he’s on 90k per week Antony £250k per week and fans wonder why United underperform so much?