Mohammed Kudus

Status
Not open for further replies.

December_16

And if it is even more consolation, If we had signed him people would be moaning about him going to the Africa cup. Atleast now they are saved from that annoyance and potential depression.
And if it is even more more consolation, if he turner shite for whatever reason, people would have whined even more about how ETH kept signing his old players and no one else.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Cut the loses and sign him next summer. We will have to pay minimum 80m

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Cut the loses and sign him next summer. We will have to pay minimum 80m
I think we should steer away from him now due to the cost. Why we didn't sign him was likely down to Bruno being at the club so it probably made sense to sign someone like Mount after the beatings we took last season where our high pressure was easily bypassed, especially at Anfield where both Bruno and Fred were taken to the cleaners by Liverpool.

There's a number of good young options who I feel we could target if we wanted a attacking midfielder with quick directional movement along with craft and guile to develop into a potential world class attacking central midfielder. There's a 19 year old Moroccan youngster at Genk in Belgium who I think we could possibly target and develop into the role. That player is Bilal El Khannouss.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It’s quite amazing that we go through summer after summer failing to add such players. I said last summer that every one of our signings needs to be one that elevates our possession play. It wasn’t the case this summer as it hasn’t been so before.
It boggles the mind because they are genuinely key assets whether you're a technical marvel of a team or an uncohesive mess, this profile is of massive benefit.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Everyone could have had him even cheaper the summer before by the way. We were going to get him for half the price West Ham did but you fecked it up by signing Antony. You should have just vetoed that deal and got him yourselves!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It boggles the mind because they are genuinely key assets whether you're a technical marvel of a team or an uncohesive mess, this profile is of massive benefit.
I really thought ETH would appreciate it more than the past managers did but sadly it wasn’t the case. I don’t know if our managers just don’t want to play the way many of us want them to or that there is a directive from the top during the hiring process to lay out a broad footballing philosophy to roughly adhere to. But it’s very odd.

Anyone who has watched us even fairly infrequently over the past decade would tell you that stand out among the big clubs as being disproportionately afraid of a lack of time and space on the time. Apply pressure and we start to pass back, sideways and long because the ball is a hot potato to us. So the obvious (or so I thought) solution is to ensure you sign either playmakers who can pass their way out of trouble or dribblers who can weave so. That doesn’t mean you don’t sign CFs or fast wingers but the concerted effort seems missing.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I really thought ETH would appreciate it more than the past managers did but sadly it wasn’t the case. I don’t know if our managers just don’t want to play the way many of us want them to or that there is a directive from the top during the hiring process to lay out a broad footballing philosophy to roughly adhere to. But it’s very odd.

Anyone who has watched us even fairly infrequently over the past decade would tell you that stand out among the big clubs as being disproportionately afraid of a lack of time and space on the time. Apply pressure and we start to pass back, sideways and long because the ball is a hot potato to us. So the obvious (or so I thought) solution is to ensure you sign either playmakers who can pass their way out of trouble or dribblers who can weave so. That doesn’t mean you don’t sign CFs or fast wingers but the concerted effort seems missing.
I don't want to be a hindsight king because of how it's turned out, but on raw attributes alone, I don't know how you target what we got instead of what we let go.

It's not even a case of what we passed over not fitting the preferred style of play because he's literally perfect for it in terms of verticality, aggression, ball carriage and retention and dogged hard work.

If you were picking blind with no names attached and just profiles, it's pretty clear which was and is most needed, especially with the dependency factor one has whilst the other needs nothing but to be on the pitch to be effective and problematic.

Last edited:

Redstain

Not only Kudus you can literally throw Diaby into the same conversation who's done more for Villa in almost half a season then Antony has in what's coming up to two years. Cheaper signing as well.

Woefully bad recruitment that is a theme under another manager who has been overindulged in the market.

Zed is not dead

Quite amazing that people go overboard for a player that only played the equivalent of 4 90 minutes games in the league and was heavily criticised this summer for not being « good enough »

Conor

Have we been linked to this player, or are people just having a chat in a transfer thread?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Have we been linked to this player, or are people just having a chat in a transfer thread?
He was also heavily linked with Chelsea back in summer. I remembered Chelsea made a very low ball offer to Ajax for his service and got rejected right away.

cpresc

Not only Kudus you can literally throw Diaby into the same conversation who's done more for Villa in almost half a season then Antony has in what's coming up to two years. Cheaper signing as well.

Woefully bad recruitment that is a theme under another manager who has been overindulged in the market.
Diaby has had half a season yet Antony has had almost 2 years…?

some interesting maths

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Guys unless there are recent transfer links take the discussion to the football forum because it all appears to be about performance

Reyoji-Utd

I think its coming down more to the way we have to play with our most important (poster players) in Rashford and Bruno. We play better playing counter and direct with them in the team. We build the team around them the last 5 years and it triggle down to the ways and players we acquired down the road.

What boggles my mind though is that Rashford and Bruno really cant play with more possession play and players (they dont want to change or simply cant be teached). We look at the team and we see no movement, no dribbling, no beating players, no spark...etc.

Why we havent acquire anyone that press resistence in the middle for almost the last 10 years is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.