Mohammed Kudus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Don't think there is any chance of signing him even if we manage to sell Fred & McTominay
Chelsea and Ajax are in negotiation for about 45 million euros. Do with that info as you please.

bosskeano

Chelsea and Ajax are in negotiation for about 45 million euros. Do with that info as you please.
Chelsea are going to bring in both Kudus and Caicedo....are they playing with monopoly money?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea are going to bring in both Kudus and Caicedo....are they playing with monopoly money?
It’s been mentioned before but we’re down 5 midfielders from last season. We’ve so far signed 0 apart from cheap punts like Santos. How would you recommend we go about replacing Mount, Kovacic, RLC, Kante and Jorginho?

Chief123

Another fantastic young talent signed by Brighton. Great price too. Will probably be another £80m+ sale in a few years.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Great team for him to join, too. Brighton are like a go-to side for adorning attacking players talents

Rolaholic

Wow what a move for them, perfect environment for him to develop further as well.

Ended up going for less than I thought, would've been a good option pre-Mount signing

zaafi

Brighton are making some very smart transfers. Players that come with a risk - a risk that the top clubs necessarily don't want to take, but could potentially blossom into very good players for the mid-table teams.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Brighton are making some very smart transfers. Players that come with a risk - a risk that the top clubs necessarily don't want to take, but could potentially blossom into very good players for the mid-table teams.
They are ambitious. Wont rule them out to get cl through europa league route. If they keep caicedo and strengthen their defense further they will be challenger for top 4 as well. De zerbi made them play exciting footy.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
If they keep Caicedo I expect they'll go well again this season.

Baxquux

Quickly becoming the Dortmund of the PL. A place young talents can go and develop their game in a good environment with quality coaching.
Dortmund have struck a balance with when to sell them (at the cost maybe of at least one title the last 8 years, i would guess) and allowing release clauses when needs be; Brighton are gambling with making their very best players nigh impossible to buy except for obscene money. I think their model is really good overall, from scouring to de Zerbi headhunted to replace Potter, the transition to progressive football post Hughton etc, - but they're on a tightrope in terms of how they present themselves to players as a place when you can develop and even compete for some kind of trophy, but also be allowed to move to a top-table club if they offer decent money, so being competitive but also not holding players trapped there.....

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

Dortmund have struck a balance with when to sell them (at the cost maybe of at least one title the last 8 years, i would guess) and allowing release clauses when needs be; Brighton are gambling with making their very best players nigh impossible to buy except for obscene money. I think their model is really good overall, from scouring to de Zerbi headhunted to replace Potter, the transition to progressive football post Hughton etc, - but they're on a tightrope in terms of how they present themselves to players as a place when you can develop and even compete for some kind of trophy, but also be allowed to move to a top-table club if they offer decent money, so being competitive but also not holding players trapped there.....
They're not really looking for obscene money apart from for Caicedo, probably because they're looking at the fees comparable players (Rice, Enzo) have gone for recently. Other players they've sold in the last few seasons have gone for pretty reasonable fees, like Mac Allister €42m, Sanchez €23m, Trossard €24m, Bissouma €29m. I don't think players would be put off from going there by thinking they wouldn't be allowed to leave.

Reactions: sizzling sausages

zaafi

They're not really looking for obscene money apart from for Caicedo, probably because they're looking at the fees comparable players (Rice, Enzo) have gone for recently. Other players they've sold in the last few seasons have gone for pretty reasonable fees, like Mac Allister €42m, Sanchez €23m, Trossard €24m, Bissouma €29m. I don't think players would be put off from going there by thinking they wouldn't be allowed to leave.
They demanded a ridiculous amount for Cucurella iirc

Baxquux

Caicedo was the one i was thinking of primarily, of course but also the rumours around amount clubs had been quoted for Ferguson, he amount they asked for Cucurella to some extent was also pretty high. It was more about the 'direction of travel' in terms of becoming more restrictive as they've established themselves as a side in the PL, where Bissouma, for instance, would probably be stuck there or quoted at close to 70m or something if he was playing in this Brighton side at this point, and how that could potentially backfire. Trossard I think was coming to the end of his contract (could be wrong) or there were other reasons why he was relatively cheap. MacAllister I think had something in his contract from a while back where his transfer price was kept low, even if it wasn't a simple release amount. Brighton fans have said that release clauses have been essentially banned now in negotiations ...

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Great signing. Like other said he will leave for big money in a few years.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Has all the individual talent to be a star for them. Wish him well.

Was no longer really motivated to stay at Ajax, Ajax has found a good replacement in Borges.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Excellent. I was worried someone else may get it. Now we can go for him 80m + couple of years.

AjaxNL

Absolute gem of a player, when fit and motivated. Thw first is a big if with him, the second will be fine for the coming period, but I see him throwing his toys in the pram when/if the real big clubs come knocking in a few years time. He's a bit of a cnut

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
They could quite easily line up something like this....

------------Ferguson / João Pedro -----------

Mitoma ---------- Enciso ---------- Kudus

-------------- Dahoud ------ Caceido------------

Pretty exciting front 6 that.

Woziak

They are ambitious. Wont rule them out to get cl through europa league route. If they keep caicedo and strengthen their defense further they will be challenger for top 4 as well. De zerbi made them play exciting footy.
Ok 23/24 season England will benefit as beg top two coefficient ranking and will gain a 5th CL spot through PL so 5th place qualifies for the 36 team CL that starts in 24/25 season. Enfact EPL could have up to 7 teams yes 7 teams if Arsenal win the CL but finish 6th behind City, Liverpool, United, Newcastle and Chelsea and then Brighton win the Europa League. But First 5 next season will qualify for the cL

Woziak

Absolute gem of a player, when fit and motivated. Thw first is a big if with him, the second will be fine for the coming period, but I see him throwing his toys in the pram when/if the real big clubs come knocking in a few years time. He's a bit of a cnut
I think we could still hijack that deal ?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
They could quite easily line up something like this....

------------Ferguson / João Pedro -----------

Mitoma ---------- Enciso ---------- Kudus

-------------- Dahoud ------ Caceido------------

Pretty exciting front 6 that.
Will be one of the players of the season. Finished the previous season strong.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Ajax's squad is being gutted. So many players leaving. Are they struggling financially?

Onerealunited

Ajax's squad is being gutted. So many players leaving. Are they struggling financially?
also a question I’ve asked myself. Once they’ve sold Kudus and Alvarez there is not much quality left. They are down both in terms of quality and quantity

mav_9me

I'm going to go against the grain and predict he will fail.

Maybe they are salty, but most Ajax fans have noted attitude issues with him.

We shall see.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

We shall see.
True, but we mostly only look from Ajax' perspective.

He has been so much overlooked in his time here, misused (as a RW and ST, he's neither), and is now by far the best player at a team he only saw as stepping stone anyway, on a bit of a sinking ship.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum

We shall see.
I think Onana was viewed similarly.

Doesn't really mean much.

bosskeano

fuk...after looking at our bench today against Lens we badly need more depth in attack. This is the kid we should have gotten and for 40m that's a fuking bargain

Crimson King

fuk...after looking at our bench today against Lens we badly need more depth in attack. This is the kid we should have gotten and for 40m that's a fuking bargain
We don't need him mate. Would rather give that game time to Amad.

Crimson King

personally don't think Amad will ever make the grade at United.....Kudus would be a top 15 player for United
€40m for a top 15 player? Not sure it's a big loss then.

He'll probably start for Brighton as well, not sure he would for us, at least not straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.