Mohammed Kudus

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosskeano

i'm honestly really surprised this guy isn't someone that EtH has made a move for knowing the player and his ability to play mid or forward....he'd be a great asset to the club and squad

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
i'm honestly really surprised this guy isn't someone that EtH has made a move for knowing the player and his ability to play mid or forward....he'd be a great asset to the club and squad
For what it is worth: ETH once named him as an option for LB. In other words, I doubt ETH really knew how to use him. At Ajax we still haven't found his perfect position.

bosskeano

For what it is worth: ETH once named him as an option for LB. In other words, I doubt ETH really knew how to use him. At Ajax we still haven't found his perfect position.
haha....sounds like our modern day version of John O'Shea

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Surprised it's taken this long to link us to this guy....

Manchester Evening News: Manchester United are reportedly ready to move on to Ajax forward Mohammed Kudus should they fail in their efforts to sign Rasmus Hojlund from Atalanta this summer.

dinostar77

Surprised it's taken this long to link us to this guy....

Manchester Evening News: Manchester United are reportedly ready to move on to Ajax forward Mohammed Kudus should they fail in their efforts to sign Rasmus Hojlund from Atalanta this summer.
Which is wierd as hes a no8 who can fill in at right wing and striker, but isnt great in either of those roles. He's been likened to Di Maria in his style of play.

Best position is as a no8

Bondi77

Making a move for this guy if we don't get Rasmus is up there along with pigs flying.
What a load of shite!

bosskeano

it would appear that EtH valued Mount more than Kudus hence how the summer transfer played out along with adding another strong defensive minded player if we finish the deal for Amrabat

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
He isn't training with the squad because of of some minor injuries. Minor injuries my ass. Great baller but his attitude sucks. Won't miss him if he goes for the right price.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He isn't training with the squad because of of some minor injuries. Minor injuries my ass. Great baller but his attitude sucks. Won't miss him if he goes for the right price.
Didn't he refuse to report to training last year because he was trying to force a move to Everton? Seems like he's doing the same here but being a bit more savvy about it?

Shinjch

He still has too much learning to do for a top English side to take a risk on him at the moment from what I have seen of him. He is a talent, but too many question marks.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Didn't he refuse to report to training last year because he was trying to force a move to Everton? Seems like he's doing the same here but being a bit more savvy about it?
My fingerspitzengefühl says it's the same thing indeed.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not the player we need now, although a top talent with genuine ex-factor. He’s one we could/should have gone after instead of Mount - however, I don’t see the point now. He’d probably be more useful than Antony, but RW isn’t the best use of him. Think he’s best as an ‘interior’, as the Spanish call it.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Will be a quality signing for whoever gets him. Not what we need right now. Can see our next midfield signing being Amrabat.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Don’t see why we need him.
I think he could make sense as a second-forward signing after Hojlund. He can play across the front 3, and ETH seems to see him an a forward and not a midfielder.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
I think he could make sense as a second-forward signing after Hojlund. He can play across the front 3, and ETH seems to see him an a forward and not a midfielder.
Surely if you add up the fees for Hojlund and Kudus there must be a first choice striker available? We're talking about 100 miilion quid here!

Cassidy

Surely if you add up the fees for Hojlund and Kudus there must be a first choice striker available? We're talking about 100 miilion quid here!
I guess name the 100m striker we can go and sign, pretty sure if we could get Kane we would

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
I guess name the 100m striker we can go and sign, pretty sure if we could get Kane we would
I'm not a scout but if it was my profession and I had 100 million burning in my pocket and could not find a way to spend it I would probably rethink a few of my life's decisions.

Tarrou

If you sell Mctominay and replace him with Kudus you have someone who can play as an 8, wide and as a false 9 - might make sense?
if ETH wanted him surely he’d already be ours by now

he’s cheap and versatile, would make a lot of sense

so I guess he just doesn’t fancy him?

Rossa

He's a great squad player in FIFA 23, so yeah, why not. I have him just behind Musiala for that 10 spot, and some way behind Mbappe, Sesko and Høilund for strikers, and definitely behind Vinicius, Rashford and Leao as left wingers. He can of course also deputise for Gavi as an 8, so he's a nice option to have.

Such a silly game in career mode :lol:

SAF is the GOAT

If you sell Mctominay and replace him with Kudus you have someone who can play as an 8, wide and as a false 9 - might make sense?
This transfer maybe would make sense if we already had a replacement for Casimiro, but we don't.

I will also bring the fact that Ajax would charge us for a premium price just like with Antony.

I've heard that they rate him more than Antony when Antony played for them. They thought that kudus will be their next 100M euros player sale.

Assuming we also sign Amrabat or another defensive midfielder after selling Fred and VDB I think it makes perfect sense.
If we'll do a swap with them on Donny + Money - it will be a great business but I don't see any buyers standing in line for him.

You could pick him up for around 40 million. Guy wants to leave, we need to money to invest in the squad.
Would you consider a swap with Donny(plus cash maybe?) ?

if we can sell Scott and Fred....bring in Amrabat and Kudus that would be a HUGE upgrade in talent
We already have Bruno, Eriksen, Mount, Casimiro and Kobbie
Add Armabat into this squad and it will be better than what we had in recent years

Last edited:

Cassidy

I'm not a scout but if it was my profession and I had 100 million burning in my pocket and could not find a way to spend it I would probably rethink a few of my life's decisions.
But we have thought of a way to spend it. Hojlund and hopefully another forward....

Cassidy

This transfer maybe would make sense if we already had a replacement for Casimiro, but we don't.

I will also bring the fact that Ajax would charge us for a premium price just like with Antony.

I've heard that they rate him more than Antony when Antony played for them They thought that kudus will their next 100M euros player sale.
Assuming we also sign Amrabat or another defensive midfielder after selling Fred and VDB I think it makes perfect sense.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax

I've heard that they rate him more than Antony when Antony played for them They thought that kudus will their next 100M euros player sale.
You could pick him up for around 40 million. Guy wants to leave, we need to money to invest in the squad.

bosskeano

if we can sell Scott and Fred....bring in Amrabat and Kudus that would be a HUGE upgrade in talent

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
what did you do with the 140 million we chucked at you last summer?
We've spent 100 million on useless players we need to sell first and missing out CL football has a big impact on a club like Ajax.

Conor

He's a great squad player in FIFA 23, so yeah, why not. I have him just behind Musiala for that 10 spot, and some way behind Mbappe, Sesko and Høilund for strikers, and definitely behind Vinicius, Rashford and Leao as left wingers. He can of course also deputise for Gavi as an 8, so he's a nice option to have.

Such a silly game in career mode :lol:
Thanks for this info.

croadyman

Don't think there is any chance of signing him even if we manage to sell Fred & McTominay

Status
Not open for further replies.