Mohammed Kudus

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosskeano

i still think he would be a really good addition to the squad if we could get him for the right price

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Why are we not in for this guy if he only costs 40m that’s a bargain! He’s quality!

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Now being linked to Arsenal.

From the highlights (and only highlights) I've seen he looks like a quality talent with a lethal shot. I'd love for us to sign him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Now being linked to Arsenal.

From the highlights (and only highlights) I've seen he looks like a quality talent with a lethal shot. I'd love for us to sign him.
He looks a talent but not what Arsenal or United need. You are stocked with AMs and with Mount now so are we. Both teams would be better off adding someone of a different profile. If anything Chelsea could still do with him having sold Mount and Havertz. At RW we have Antony and you have Saka and this chap doesn’t seem to have blistering pace to justify the addition either.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
This guy would have made a lot of sense if we had gone for him before Havertz. I honestly would have preferred this transfer at that time. I cannot see why we would get him now unless we are starting to become a Chelsea or City and hoard players.

Still, I would like him to join. Deceptively good in tight spaces, reads the game well and quick to release the ball...yea I think he would fit in well.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Do Chelsea even have a clue what they're doing? They just bought Madueke and Nkunku over the last 6-7 months in the exact positions he occupies...
Nkunku plays either on the left or centrally and Madueke plays almost exclusively on the right. Kudus looks like he plays more in the area that Mount has occupied for us recently. So more of a #10.

These players don’t clash at all, really.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Do Chelsea even have a clue what they're doing? They just bought Madueke and Nkunku over the last 6-7 months in the exact positions he occupies...
Yeah and? People say this with almost every single name linked with us. It’s like breathing air these days. We’ve sold Pulisic and Ziyech is on his way out too. Mount and Havertz are gone. So unless you’re suggesting we roll with Madueke as the only RW and Nkunku as the only AM in the squad, then we’re gonna have to sign someone.

Kudus probably means no Cherki though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
disagree...i think he would be a very good signing for United
He’s an attacking midfielder / second striker isn’t he? With Bruno (captain), Eriksen and Mount I don’t see the place. Unless he’ll play off the right in which case Amad should go on loan. I think Chelsea would be a better move for him. If they add him too Pochettino has a very talented squad to work with especially if Caecedo also comes in.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
May be nkunku will play as a striker. Him and Jackson are striker options. Nkunku wanted to play as striker as well as he openly opined about his favourite position that is striker.

Nkunku played as solo striker in pre season opener as well. May be so why?

Last edited:

Zed is not dead

Kudus is an advanced midfielder while Zakaria was a CM.
I was just being sarcastic.
Last year Zakaria was lauded as the answers to our midfield issues and us not signing him was pure incompetence and so on

Mainoldo

Chelsea still doing Chelsea things. Go get a bloody striker you incompetent bunch :lol:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Chelsea still doing Chelsea things. Go get a bloody striker you incompetent bunch :lol:
They have 2(Jackson and Broja), we don't.... and look to be signing in 3rd in Elye Wahi

Mainoldo

They have 2(Jackson and Broja), we don't.... and look to be signing in 3rd in Elye Wahi
Yeah cool. I’ll make a beat combined they don’t both get more than 15 goals. The lack of respect for our league is funny.

Cassidy

Yeah cool. I’ll make a beat combined they don’t both get more than 15 goals. The lack of respect for our league is funny.
They also have Nkuku. In any case the point is they have more striker options than United

Mainoldo

They also have Nkuku. In any case the point is they have more striker options than United
NKunku is a Support Striker and if we had him we would still require a strike. The difference is we have identified it as a priority so far Chelsea seem happy with Jackson.

If they fill the position they obviously my opinion changes but as of now they cannot go into the season with their striking options. They struggle to score as it is and so far they have done nothing to address it.

Cassidy

NKunku is a Support Striker and if we had him we would still require a strike. The difference is we have identified it as a priority so far Chelsea seem happy with Jackson.

If they fill the position they obviously my opinion changes but as of now they cannot go into the season with their striking options. They struggle to score as it is and so far they have done nothing to address it.
Jackson and Hojlund are pretty much equivalent in terms of their profiles AND Chelsea have their strikers in.
They also have said will review the position post pre season tour. At worst they'll be no worse than us.
Nkuku can play as the no 9 as he has been doing in pre season

Mainoldo

Jackson and Hojlund are pretty much equivalent in terms of their profiles AND Chelsea have their strikers in.
They also have said will review the position post pre season tour. At worst they'll be no worse than us.
Nkuku can play as the no 9 as he has been doing in pre season
Stop saying they are no worse than us. They are coming from a position of 12th. If Kyle Walker leaves you could say City are no worse than us at RB. The fact of the matter is they are a lot further ahead than us. It’s the same for us and Chelsea. But yes if Chelsea want to linger around 6-10th then yes they are no worst than us with the current striker position. My point is they need to do alot better if their plan is to get top 5.

You can’t just compare them to us as we are currently further ahead. Striker or no striker.

Cassidy

Stop saying they are no worse than us. They are coming from a position of 12th. If Kyle Walker leaves you could say City are no worse than us at RB. The fact of the matter is they are a lot further ahead than us. It’s the same for us and Chelsea. But yes if Chelsea want to linger around 6-10th then yes they are no worst than us with the current striker position. My point is they need to do alot better if their plan is to get top 5.

You can’t just compare them to us as we are currently further ahead. Striker or no striker.
If we're talking about the CF position they are in a better position than us. So are many clubs who finished lower than us, the league position bears no relevance to whether or not a club is in a better position than us with the CF position in the squad

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The last time we had a striker who scored more than 15 league goal was like 7 years ago and we've signed striker after striker since then. If Jackson can get us 15 goals in all comps plus 6-7 assists (which I think he would be capable of based on what I've seen in preseason) that would be superb debut season for him.

Mainoldo

If we're talking about the CF position they are in a better position than us. So are many clubs who finished lower than us, the league position bears no relevance to whether or not a club is in a better position than us with the CF position in the squad
Okay we probably wonder away from my original point, but probably my fault.

The point was If they keep signing around the striker and leave it currently with Jackson up top they are in f’ing trouble next season.

Us on the other hand will be fine with Hoejlund up top as we are a much more polished team.

Cassidy

Okay we probably wonder away from my original point, but probably my fault.

The point was If they keep signing around the striker and leave it currently with Jackson up top they are in f’ing trouble next season.

Us on the other hand will be fine with Hoejlund up top as we are a much more polished team.
Its Jackson, Nkuku and Broja up top

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Chelsea’s squad is shaping up to be incredibly bizarre. Still don’t know what they’re doing.
They'll probably have quite a fluid front line. Still think they'll go crazy with a CM or 2 before the end of the window, perhaps even a GK and another RW. I expect them to line up something like this from midfield to attack (with other players also in rotation)...

--------Sterling/Mudryk - Jackson/Nkunku/Broja - Madueke/Sterling------------------

-----------------------------------Kudus/Nkunku/Chukwuemeka---------------------------------------

-----------------------------Enzo--------------------------------------Caicedo------------------------------------

jakko

Supports
Chelsea

You post like the striker market is filled with great options.

Status
Not open for further replies.